Air conditioning on 2 year old Ranger

stefan2519

Hadn't used the truck in a week, then used it today.

My air conditioning is not working, Not even a little.

It's just blowing hot air.

I had to do a 400km trip in it too :(

I thought they'd re-charge the gas when they do the services, is this not the case?

It'd had 3 dealership services already.

Thanks!

Should never need the gas topping up unless it's leaking.

More likely the compressor or its clutch has failed, ours died after about 4 years, new compressor wasn't cheap sadly (can't remember how not cheap it was mind).

Check your fuses and the drive belts, just in case its a simple fix.

Check the fuses. There's two fuse boxes, big one under the bonnet and smaller one behind the key-caddy/junk box somewhere beside the drivers right knee. I have found the really (physically) small fuses they use these days get zapped by transients and spikes real quick.

Took it in, and they checked the fuses, not those.

They've got the truck now, and will let me know.

Don't forget this should all be covered under warranty unless rat's or something has chewed some cable's. Don't walk out paying any money.

They called at 5.

They said they think the compressor has gone, still not sure.

They're gonna take it apart tomorrow.

Lucky I don't need it this week!

.... and, it should be covered by your warranty - no money out of your pocket! thumbsup.gif

Fuse wouldn't blow when the truck is not used. I'm going with sticky relay but would check the fuses anyway.

Yes, but fuses can blow when hit with the first volts (like my aux power fuse did), especially if the a/c is on when the ignition switch is turned after a long layup. You would never know as the fuse blows immediately.

Anyway, the OP has a more serious issue. In my experience it is unusual for compressors to go out, especially new ones. Would have thought the clutch assembly would be the most likely candidate but maybe the newer compressors have integral clutches which would be an expensive bugger out of warranty.

Fuse wouldn't blow when the truck is not used. I'm going with sticky relay but would check the fuses anyway.

Yes, but fuses can blow when hit with the first volts (like my aux power fuse did), especially if the a/c is on when the ignition switch is turned after a long layup. You would never know as the fuse blows immediately.

Anyway, the OP has a more serious issue. In my experience it is unusual for compressors to go out, especially new ones. Would have thought the clutch assembly would be the most likely candidate but maybe the newer compressors have integral clutches which would be an expensive bugger out of warranty.

When a fuse blows at the start up of a motor, it indicates that the motor pulls more current than expected. e.g. something is wrong

It was a new compressor.

Installed and picked the truck up this morning.

All under warranty.

I think I might extend the warranty after this.......

Good and correct result it just show's Ford are doing the right thing. Now where are all the Ford knocker's.

It was a new compressor.

All under warranty.

Good and correct result it just show's Ford are doing the right thing. Now where are all the Ford knocker's.

Shame they do not do the right thing all the time.

Edited by Spoonman

It was a new compressor.

All under warranty.

I've read a few posts of you the past few days John.

Is it that you work for Ford or do you simply live in denial, because Ford Thailand clearly doesn't do the right thing.

Keep reading and you might learn something.

I don't work so mean's I don't work for Ford. I own a Toyota Fortuner a Mitsu Strada and a Suzuki Caribian have had small problems with all and fixed as Ford has done for the man and his compressor. 1 person on here has a problem with his Ranger engine he know's the correct story you do not.

It was a new compressor.

All under warranty.

Is it that you work for Ford or do you simply live in denial, because Ford Thailand clearly doesn't do the right thing.

I don't work so mean's I don't work for Ford. I own a Toyota Fortuner a Mitsu Strada and a Suzuki Caribian have had small problems with all and fixed as Ford has done for the man and his compressor. 1 person on here has a problem with his Ranger engine he know's the correct story you do not.

I saw in the thread of that one man many TV members airing their unpleasant experiences with Ford Thailand.

• Like 1

It was a new compressor.

All under warranty.

Yes, keep reading and you'll soon learn that of all major brands Ford has by far the most complaints.

Yes, keep reading and you'll soon learn that of all major brands Ford has by far the most complaints.

I have no problem reading is there a link for your report also is it Thai related or for every where.

True Fortuna Man arrogance,yet again, Ford has a stinking reputation here. No argument.One Swallow doesn't make a Summer as the English say. 1 Compressor..Brilliant. Dont mention the Auto Boxes.

I suppose if I had a Honda that would give me some brownie point's.