Songkran 2014 Water Days for Bangkok and Pattaya?

grantbkk

I spent about a week there in Pattaya 3 years ago. It was miserable. After 2 days of fun it become a nuisance. There were younger Arab guys renting a water truck and going down the roads drenching people with huge volumes of water. There were people with long 2 inch PVC pipes filled with ice water shooting them at tourist. That is bad enough but when you are trying to navigate the traffic jams on a motor bike it is impossible. There is no telling how many motor bike accidents because of this. I recommend no more than 1-2 days there at the most. I will NEVER return to Pattaya during Songkran. annoyed.gif

• Like 1

wooohoooo...the best time of the year.

Fun fun fun....and, all the miserable gits usually get out of the country.....tis a win win solution for all.

All such trollish nonsense is addressed and responded to in the FAQ:

Q: It's harmless fun and a good laugh

A: No, vehicle accidents do happen because of the water, powder, and ice throwing. One TV member almost lost an eye to infection. Eye and ear infections are not uncommon as much of the water is quite filthy. Fights break out (see the threads here and here from last year).

Q: If you don't like Songkran, you're a stick-in-the-mud

A: Lots of, like, really cool people don't like the inconvenience of Pattaya Songkran for TEN days. We live here and just need to live our lives, shop, bank, work, see doctors, and take the kids out. TWO days at most would be fine.

As gmac said last year,

Try taking your wife/girlfriend to work on a motorbike during this wonderful enjoyable time and see how much you like it then. Not knocking Pattaya or the life in general just the morons who insist on soaking people who actually have to work for a living on their way to work

--http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/626297-2013-pattaya-songkran-faq/

• Like 2

Quite a while ago, I had a great family experience with Songkran. In the morning, my wife brought a

bowl of water to the local temple. While we were there, a monk chanted as he poured the water from one vessel into another, thus blessing the water. Upon returning home, my wife sat with her mother who chanted as my wife poured the blessed water over her hands.I believe this was a sign of respectfrom daughter to mother. For me, it was a pleasant cultural experience.

• Like 2

A: No, vehicle accidents do happen because of the water, powder, and ice throwing. One TV member almost lost an eye to infection. Eye and ear infections are not uncommon as much of the water is quite filthy. Fights break out (see the threads here and here from last year).

A: Lots of, like, really cool people don't like the inconvenience of Pattaya Songkran for TEN days. We live here and just need to live our lives, shop, bank, work, see doctors, and take the kids out. TWO days at most would be fine.

As gmac said last year,

Try taking your wife/girlfriend to work on a motorbike during this wonderful enjoyable time and see how much you like it then. Not knocking Pattaya or the life in general just the morons who insist on soaking people who actually have to work for a living on their way to work

chill out grandad.

• Like 1

As gmac said last year,

chill out grandad.

Do you see many ''just past their teens'' Thai folk out there getting wet ?................Eeeeeeeer, don't think so.......coffee1.gif

As gmac said last year,

chill out grandad.

As noted, the FAQ already addresses all the usual troll sneers, grunts, insults, and posturing.

• Like 1

I spent about a week there in Pattaya 3 years ago. It was miserable. After 2 days of fun it become a nuisance. There were younger Arab guys renting a water truck and going down the roads drenching people with huge volumes of water. There were people with long 2 inch PVC pipes filled with ice water shooting them at tourist. That is bad enough but when you are trying to navigate the traffic jams on a motor bike it is impossible. There is no telling how many motor bike accidents because of this. I recommend no more than 1-2 days there at the most. I will NEVER return to Pattaya during Songkran. annoyed.gif

Me too...Sonkran is not what is used to be...2-3 days of fun...now it's 8 days and growing every year...

As gmac said last year,

chill out grandad.

Do you see many ''just past their teens'' Thai folk out there getting wet ?................Eeeeeeeer, don't think so.......coffee1.gif

Oh my god...someone does not get out much hey..

As gmac said last year,

chill out grandad.

Oh my god...someone does not get out much hey..

Years ago I did the water thing, not any more. I do get out to do things l want to do, don't get wet playing snooker. thumbsup.gif