Cops Detained, Beaten By Buddha Issara's Protesters

Lite Beer

Cops Detained, Beaten By Buddha Issara's Protesters
By Khaosod English

13921015821392101681l.jpg

Buddha Issara interrogating Pol.Lt. Somkid Koeykamol and Pol.Sen.Sgt. Sompong Unnuan, 10 February 2014

BANGKOK: -- A pair of undercover policemen have been hospitalised after they were tortured by anti-government protesters on Chaeng Wattana Road, authorities said.

The policemen, Pol.Lt. Somkid Koeykamol and Pol.Sen.Sgt. Sompong Unnuan, were reportedly captured by protest guards at around 14.00 yesterday as they were gathering intelligence among the anti-government protesters near the Ministry of Justice.

The pair was later blindfolded and brought before Buddha Issara, Buddhist monk and core leader of the People′s Committee for Absolute Democracy With the King As Head of State (PCAD).

The monk interrogated the policemen until they admitted they were undercover cops sent to monitor the protests. PCAD guards also searched the officer′s mobile phones and found their LINE messages discussing the M79 grenade attack near PCAD rally site on 8 February, which offended the guards, our correspondent said.

A group of anti-government guards also allegedly assaulted the 2 policemen before they eventually handed the pair back to the police force in the evening.

The Centre for Maintaining Peace and Order (CMPO) released a statement today that Pol.Lt. Somkid and Pol.Sen. Sompong are being treated at Police Hospital for their injuries suffered during their detention.

The CMPO also condemns the alleged actions of the PCAD protesters, insisting that the two policemen were legally conducting an intelligence-gathering mission.

Source: http://www.khaosod.co.th/en/view_newsonline.php?newsid=TVRNNU1qRXdNVFU0TWc9PQ==

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2014-02-11

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One need look only at the headline of the article to know that it is written by Khaosod. Again, we have one side of the story. No interviews on the other side. All journalistic principles abandoned. It is a given that Khaosod spoke to those detained. But why didn't they go to the site to conduct their own follow-up investigation ? If true, this would be a terrible occurrence. And yet, how do we know it is true if both sides are not represented in the article ? For many who have no need for balanced reporting, this article will fit the bill just fine. For others who do not spend their time with the National Enquirer and the diaries of Rush Limbaugh - it will not.

That would mean extra work and less sexy headlines.

• Like 1

And this guys supposedly a monk?!

....Shouldn't he padding round the streets barefoot begging for food or tucked inside a temple chanting ?

ooh a last thought (off topic) what's happened to Mr. private plane and i have stolen lots of money monk?

• Like 1

Monk now supports torture as well as breaking most of his other monkpromises.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

hope your knee jerk response doesnt pull a hamstring. Before you condemn, learn both sides.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

"....the two policemen were legally conducting an intelligence-gathering mission."

AKA Spying. My condolences to the spies for their injuries. Go into the jungle, you may get bitten.

They have good disguises though as I can't tell which one is Chalerm. His fake mustache must have fallen off.

Btw, another khao sod news crap. The definitive "beaten" in the headline with their inevitable "alleged" in the article.

• Like 2

"....the two policemen were legally conducting an intelligence-gathering mission."

AKA Spying. My condolences to the spies for their injuries. Go into the jungle, you may get bitten.

I know this is a very tricky concept for some but police are allowed to do this. It's getting worse too, yesterday I saw some clearly armed thugs in Suthep's crew getting pretty heavy with bystanders who hadn't moved back quickly enough for the self-annoited one as he (struggled - there was little being handed over with sparse crowds) tried to extract more money from the faithful.

And before someone mentions 2010, nobody is justifying anything that happened then, or supporting any violence anytime, just stating facts. Another tricky concept for the "man from Dubai" chanters who seem unable to work out that being appalled by this sort of thing does not make you "red".

I am sorry this is TV. How can you possible think it is acceptable to post facts here!

• Like 2

First:

BANGKOK: -- A pair of undercover policemen have been hospitalised after they were tortured by anti-government protesters on Chaeng Wattana Road, authorities said.

Then:

A group of anti-government guards also allegedly assaulted the 2 policemen before they eventually handed the pair back to the police force in the evening.

They where tortured right? Typical Khoasad Red propaganda.

• Like 2

More praise for violence, ratcatcher?

How many people are killed by the protestors since the protests started a few months ago?

• Like 2

I know this is a very tricky concept for some but police are allowed to do this. It's getting worse too, yesterday I saw some clearly armed thugs in Suthep's crew getting pretty heavy with bystanders who hadn't moved back quickly enough for the self-annoited one as he (struggled - there was little being handed over with sparse crowds) tried to extract more money from the faithful.

And before someone mentions 2010, nobody is justifying anything that happened then, or supporting any violence anytime, just stating facts. Another tricky concept for the "man from Dubai" chanters who seem unable to work out that being appalled by this sort of thing does not make you "red".

"facts" as in a single, uncorroborated, anecdotal story on an anonymous internet forum from a member with a biased posting history.

Edited by Davidhere
  • Like 1