Cops Detained, Beaten By Buddha Issara's Protesters

Lite Beer

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's no sign or indication from the article or the photo with it that these policemen were "tortured," or even what kind or extent of injuries they sustained.

And if they were "tortured," does it seem likely that the monk would be sitting there posing for a photo with them and having a crowd gathered round, including some with cameras?

Still, in looking at the OP photo, I can't tell, what are the two guard guys holding in their hands -- some kind of long metal stick looking type things. I can't tell what they're holding???

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

no uniforms = civilians

in uniform = criminal with a badge

So you are suggesting that it would be ok for street thugs to detain anyone, uniform or not, civilian or not...to be interrogated, beaten and then presented for some kink of judgement session with a monk. I wouldn't like to live in your system
Well that's the system that Suthep and his mad monk have in mind.

A lawless, street-thuggery society where people have no voice in the running of their lives.

How long before the disenfranchised are made to wear identifying symbols sewn into their clothing?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 1

no uniforms = civilians

So you are suggesting that it would be ok for street thugs to detain anyone, uniform or not, civilian or not...to be interrogated, beaten and then presented for some kink of judgement session with a monk. I wouldn't like to live in your system

A lawless, street-thuggery society where people have no voice in the running of their lives.

How long before the disenfranchised are made to wear identifying symbols sewn into their clothing?

Yes. Right .. stupid post!

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

no uniforms = civilians

Yes. Right .. stupid post!

This is the story you were denying existed 2 days ago. Suddenly you are not only right up to speed with all events, but you are judge jury and executioner once more on TV posts that disagree with your (Bluesky) views

Luckily the coup appears dead, and the Army now well boxed in after the outing of the hit squad. Prayuth meeting with Police chief so he must be taking it seriously... getting caught that is, not the initial hit one supposes

• Like 1

Tortured?

"A group of anti-government guards also allegedly assaulted the 2 policemen before they eventually handed the pair back to the police force in the evening."

To be beaten after capture to require hospitalization is what?

Lets see. Allegedly, key word.

If the "guards" did beat him they should be prosecuted for that. As should all violent offenders and murders involved in this mess. Violent behaviour is a crime. It is, however, not torture. Slinging around words like torture is just propaganda or lazy sensationalist journalism.

Edited by Bluespunk

no uniforms = civilians

What a load of crap, trying to compare the situation here to I am assuming you are alluding to the Jews in Nazi Germany. Kindly go and troll your crap elsewhere...As for streeet thuggery, the reds make anyone else look like amateurs and if Taksin got his dictatorship that he was trying so hard for then this country would become the next North Korea. Look I can write hyperbolic crap too !

• Like 1

"....the two policemen were legally conducting an intelligence-gathering mission."

AKA Spying. My condolences to the spies for their injuries. Go into the jungle, you may get bitten.

I know this is a very tricky concept for some but police are allowed to do this. It's getting worse too, yesterday I saw some clearly armed thugs in Suthep's crew getting pretty heavy with bystanders who hadn't moved back quickly enough for the self-annoited one as he (struggled - there was little being handed over with sparse crowds) tried to extract more money from the faithful.

And before someone mentions 2010, nobody is justifying anything that happened then, or supporting any violence anytime, just stating facts. Another tricky concept for the "man from Dubai" chanters who seem unable to work out that being appalled by this sort of thing does not make you "red".

why don't you tell us where you were when you saw this ....

whistling.gif

"....the two policemen were legally conducting an intelligence-gathering mission."

AKA Spying. My condolences to the spies for their injuries. Go into the jungle, you may get bitten.

I know this is a very tricky concept for some but police are allowed to do this. It's getting worse too, yesterday I saw some clearly armed thugs in Suthep's crew getting pretty heavy with bystanders who hadn't moved back quickly enough for the self-annoited one as he (struggled - there was little being handed over with sparse crowds) tried to extract more money from the faithful.

And before someone mentions 2010, nobody is justifying anything that happened then, or supporting any violence anytime, just stating facts. Another tricky concept for the "man from Dubai" chanters who seem unable to work out that being appalled by this sort of thing does not make you "red".

why don't you tell us where you were when you saw this ....

whistling.gif

This is the fella that he saw.

post-195835-139217718495_thumb.jpg

no uniforms = civilians

What a load of crap, trying to compare the situation here to I am assuming you are alluding to the Jews in Nazi Germany. Kindly go and troll your crap elsewhere...As for streeet thuggery, the reds make anyone else look like amateurs and if Taksin got his dictatorship that he was trying so hard for then this country would become the next North Korea. Look I can write hyperbolic crap too !

go tell it to the taxi driver dragged out of his car and beaten up. Go tell it to the innocent motorists who on taking a wrong turning are shot and wounded by Suthep's murderous guards. And go tell it to the old grandfather now paralysed because he wanted to vote. The people who were assaulted and intimidated as they went to the polling booths as is their democratic right.

That sir is not hyperbole but the facts of a Suthep organised street thuggery. A thuggery which if this thread is anything to go by you and your ilk seem to support.

• Like 2

"Rules of monastic restraint"

10. to persist,in spite of repeated admonitions, in trying to cause divisions in a community which lives in harmony, and in emphasizing those points which are calculated to cause division

11. To side with a monk who strives to split the community

(from Buddhist scriptures, Penguin Classics)

Could be argued that community wasn't living in harmony, but I think number 11 takes care of that issue.

time to go get a real job AND drop "Buddha" from your name.

go tell it to the taxi driver dragged out of his car and beaten up. Go tell it to the innocent motorists who on taking a wrong turning are shot and wounded by Suthep's murderous guards. And go tell it to the old grandfather now paralysed because he wanted to vote. The people who were assaulted and intimidated as they went to the polling booths as is their democratic right.

That sir is not hyperbole but the facts of a Suthep organised street thuggery.

What's missing is that millions of Jews throughout Europe were involved in your absurdly ridiculous hyberbolic comparison.

Edited by Davidhere

They don't look particularly 'beaten' in that picture and how about giving some details of their 'injuries' ? They were within their rights to ask why they were snooping around and detain them and see what they were doing especially given the grenade attacks etc. against protestors. As for whether the 'police' were hurt, evidence please ?

I know your post is almost a day old ... But these protesters have no "rights" to detain anyone.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Monk now supports torture as well as breaking most of his other monkpromises.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

In full agreement with your comment - Monks are only beggars praying on other people's ignorance - Nothing special or holy about them at all - I'm surprised that this monk didn't take photos on his iphone or ipad to circulate among his " followers. "

That sir is not hyperbole but the facts of a Suthep organised street thuggery. A thuggery which if this thread is anything to go by you and your ilk seem to support.

I don't support thuggery of any kind for your information which is partly why I despise the Taksin regime and those who support it. Go tell it to the soldiers the reds killed, the innocent bystanders caught in the crossfire, the thousands of people whose businesses were forced to close for 2 months, those who were bullied and intimidated and still are today by the red menace etc etc. ad infinitum. Now go and whine to someone who cares please...

They don't look particularly 'beaten' in that picture and how about giving some details of their 'injuries' ? They were within their rights to ask why they were snooping around and detain them and see what they were doing especially given the grenade attacks etc. against protestors. As for whether the 'police' were hurt, evidence please ?

Sorry Tingtong, I would disagree with your statement that they were within their rights to detain anybody. To ask what they were doing there, yes, and as soon as they were shown the police ID's, then back off.

When civilians have the 'right' to detain members of the police, or anyone working for any government for that matter, then there has been a complete breakdown in the policing of that country. Seems that's what has happened here.

To think that any person or organization has the 'right' to detain anyone is, IMHO, completely wrong.

• Like 2

Posts with messed up quotes have been removed.

Posts in which the quoted content had been altered by font changes have been removed:

30) Do not modify someone else's post in your quoted reply, either with font or color changes, added emoticons, or altered wording.

They don't look particularly 'beaten' in that picture

. To ask what they were doing there, yes, and as soon as they were shown the police ID's, then back off.

I think from reading it. That they were NOT carrying police ID. They only confessed when brought in front of Issara. I may be wrong!

So surreal. This cannot be happening in Thailand.

And why isn't the bhuddist (federation, corporation, cooperative, whatever) who control them, not disrobe this guy?

Thailand is about the only place I can imagine this happening.

You forget the monks' involvement in anti-Muslim rioting in Rakhine State, Myanmar?

Posts with messed up quotes have been removed.

Posts in which the quoted content had been altered by font changes have been removed:

30) Do not modify someone else's post in your quoted reply, either with font or color changes, added emoticons, or altered wording.

The use of ellipses is OK?

May be the people doing the beating may not be caught but their leader, Buddha Issara, was the interrogator and the leader and clearly should be arrested and prosecuted for his leadership of this act of violence against the policemen and interfering in their line of duty!

What 'violence' ? I see none in that picture. Yes they are blind folded but I see no obvious evidence of injuries. Please offer proof of this 'violence' or else turn your clearly biased vile rhetoric down a notch or two....

Duh! Did you by chance happen to read the title of the atrticle which ststes,"Cops detained, beaten, by buddha Issara protesters" , the article clearly states they were beaten while they were in the custody and contol of the followers of the Buddha, the picture documemts the monk had knowledge of their illegal "Kidnapping" and partisciipated in their interrrgation, when as the leader failed to protect them from harm, which is considered in legal cicles as aidding and abetting in the commisson of a felony crime "kippapping"!

You need to place your brain in motion prior to writing your, clueless responce!

Cheers

Edited by kikoman
  • Like 2

Tortured?

There you go again the act of legal nit picking

Beating To Strike repetely, to subject to repeated beatings, or physical abuse, batter to punish by hitting!

Torture-the act of inflicting excrciathing pain, as a pinishment, or revenge, as a means of getting an confession, or information, or for sheer Injoyment,A method of inflictimg!

So the protesters were guity of beatngs, Buddha 1Issara was guilty of torture!

Cheers

May be the people doing the beating may not be caught but their leader, Buddha Issara, was the interrogator and the leader and clearly should be arrested and prosecuted for his leadership of this act of violence against the policemen and interfering in their line of duty!

What 'violence' ? I see none in that picture. Yes they are blind folded but I see no obvious evidence of injuries. Please offer proof of this 'violence' or else turn your clearly biased vile rhetoric down a notch or two....

Duh! Did you by chance happen to read the title of the atrticle which ststes,"Cops detained, beaten, by buddha Issara protesters" , the article clearly states they were beaten while they were in the custody and contol of the followers of the Buddha, the picture documemts the monk had knowledge of their illegal "Kidnapping" and partisciipated in their interrrgation, when as the leader failed to protect them from harm, which is considered in legal cicles as aidding and abetting in the commisson of a felony crime "kippapping"!

You need to place your brain in motion prior to writing your, clueless responce!

Cheers

Well, actually the article says the two 'cops' were "captured by protest guards", "blindfolded and brought before Buddha Issara", "The monk interrogated the policemen until they admitted they were undercover cops", "A group of anti-government guards also allegedly assaulted the 2 policemen before they eventually handed the pair back to the police force in the evening."

Now that seems 'allegedly' so only. So, allegedly it were not the Buddha Issara protesters, allegedly roughed up a bit for being undercover and for having mobiles with "LINE messages discussing the M79 grenade attack near PCAD rally". Furthermore it's only the Khaosod which has authorities talking about 'torture', allegedly that is.

Stay cool, start reading and let it flow over you smile.png

• Like 2

They don't look particularly 'beaten' in that picture

. To ask what they were doing there, yes, and as soon as they were shown the police ID's, then back off.

I think from reading it. That they were NOT carrying police ID. They only confessed when brought in front of Issara. I may be wrong!

Yes, noted CB. It would then bring into question if they were on official police duty or not. That still hasn't been clarified to my knowledge.

Not knowing how the police work here it is hard to comment on, but the policy of plain clothes duty where I came from anyway, police & military, was that your warrant card had to be carried at all times.

This would generally stop you getting beat up and interrogated if their actions were questioned....................rolleyes.gif

So called 'deep cover' does happen but would definitely not be used for intelligence gathering at protests.

Tortured?

There you go again the act of legal nit picking

Beating To Strike repetely, to subject to repeated beatings, or physical abuse, batter to punish by hitting!

Torture-the act of inflicting excrciathing pain, as a pinishment, or revenge, as a means of getting an confession, or information, or for sheer Injoyment,A method of inflictimg!

So the protesters were guity of beatngs, Buddha 1Issara was guilty of torture!

Cheers

You might want to look up the word alleged.

No torture took place.

Criminal activity, well let the courts decide that shall we. They deal in evidence.

Edited by Bluespunk