Chalerm scolded for insulting Chart Pattana leader

webfact

Suwat is a typical old school Thai godfather type politician. He makes money of politics. For example, the highspeed railway to Hua Hin, that's a classic sort of payoff for his type (Suwat has property interests there including Intercon Hotel, a waterpark, a few property developments - but apparently the rail way can be justified for 'delivery of fresh fruit and vegetables'). If he doesn't want to work in politics, him being able to say that with a straight face would suggest a fine career in comedy is also there for the taking.

Suwat is widely known as a huge Thaksin supporter/yesman, he doesn't have the talent to do anything on his own, so what we are seeing is not a rift breaking away from Thaksin, rather each politician trying to manouvere themselves to be closest and with the most influence to the boss. He is almost entirely devoid of charm for Bangkokians, but people upcountry love his godfather swagger - I guess they cannot see what he is taking from them as easily.

The faction leaders do not like Chalerm, and each is trying to shift Chalerm out, to get their own position at the trough. Chalerm has always been a bit of an outsider in the TRT/PPP/PT heirachy, and many believe he gets there through knowledge and connections which he can hold over others, rather than outright control of a faction (Suwat, Yaowapa, Sanoh, Banharn, Sontaya, etc). He's only himself really (unless you count Mr Happy toilet), and he doesn't deliver 10-20 regional MPs. So why is he around?

He has been described more than once as the Thai J Edgar Hoover, based on his knowledge of various individuals and their past-times. You can see the power he wielded to get his son off a murder charge that was open and shut. Faction leaders would rather shift him sideways and replace him at the right hand man position they themselves see themselves as most suited for. And luckily for them, Chalerm has as much grace and charm as Jay, from Jay and Silent Bob strike back.

While most of Thaksin's allies, the regional godfather faction leaders have egos far greater than their proven performance records or recognised skills would deserve, they know that, as in a liferaft, if you must piss someone off, it is better to be sitting inside the raft pissing out, than be stuck outside the raft, trying to piss in.

Edited by steveromagnino
  • Like 2

" If Mr. Suwat wants to be a Prime Minister himself, no one has anything against that," Mr. Chalerm charged, "But since he is still in the coalition, he has to defend the government. "

So offering to mediate in talks between the administration and the protesters is considered openly working against the administration. But isn't this the administration that loves everyone and talks to everyone ? Thida must be in tears.

• Like 1

I'm sure every day Thaksin and Yingluck regret they ever linked up with this guy.

Old Mr. T owes Chalerm big time and old Chalerm has plenty of blackmailable stuff on his buddy.

Who do you think helped T make his first billion?

Yingluck never "linked up" with Chalerm. He was forced upon her by P'Thaksin.

Is it coincidental that people who often have stuff on Mr. T are conveniently eliminated by supposedly anti-red snipers? Think Seh Daeng and Kwanchai Prapaina?

I'm sure every day Thaksin and Yingluck regret they ever linked up with this guy.

Old Mr. T owes Chalerm big time and old Chalerm has plenty of blackmailable stuff on his buddy.

Who do you think helped T make his first billion?

Yingluck never "linked up" with Chalerm. He was forced upon her by P'Thaksin.

Is it coincidental that people who often have stuff on Mr. T are conveniently eliminated by supposedly anti-red snipers? Think Seh Daeng and Kwanchai Prapaina?

Seh Deang was offed by some other people in the Army he'd pissed off and threatened too many times.

Ok approx. figures here but you'll get the idea

what's the odds that of the 20m people that voted out of which 12m were "no votes" that the majority of remaining votes went tp Patana, perhaps they have go wind of the result and are feeling empowered

Also the face to face in Burma would lead me to believe that all is not well in the Thaksin camp apart from the stuff that we already know like court cases

I am not often wrong in my predictions but I can see a mass exit taking place in the not too distant future

Funny how the dems have thrown an olive branch into the mix recently - seems like a we've got you by the gonads would be an underestimation - just me reading between

"Mr. Chalerm′s words risk turning friends into enemies," Mr. Charupong said dryly, "At the moment, Pheu Thai prefers to have friends".

I love this guy's language. So what he's really saying is, "Yeah, but if we could just get a few more PTvotes/seat, we'd kick your sorry a** to the curb in a heartbeat." tongue.png

When will Chalerm replace his son in the function of minister of toilets ?

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't it Chalerm who helped Thaksin get a contract that started his rise in wealth?

Maybe this is the price he has to pay.

Karma?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

When will Chalerm replace his son in the function of minister of toilets ?

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't it Chalerm who helped Thaksin get a contract that started his rise in wealth?

Bingo!!

They govt will continue with or without these weak sisters. This is a crony of the former PM who called The Queen " Queen Elizabeth Taylor" during a state visit.

If that were true then they wouldn't have been in office last time!

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app