Mystery fire at Lopburi rice warehouse

webfact

If rice is unsaleable at inflated price ,it surely can be sold at world market price without dumping.The quality 0f last years stock may not even find bidders at half world price with plentiful CViet Vhimese and Indian harvests,falling prices and demand.

The loss will have to be realized at some point.The product is degrading regardless of mare plus storage cots.

Unbelievable

Fried Rice in Thailand ?

Incredible?

Loose talk suggesting these Buddhists subjects may cheat lie steal,commit arson,insurance fraud ,impossible.

We all know this is the best country in the world.

It is making the national economy appear like some Ali Baba tale orchestrated by a thief in Arabia.This is all being Amsterdamaged by thugs so brown they are likley Khmer black magicians on an exchange programme.

Oh Sinbad say it aint so.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"The fire at this rice warehouse also came just a few days after a former Democrat party MP and a rice expert Dr Warong Dejkijwikrom warned of possible arsons at rice warehouses to destroy evidence of rampant corruption in the rice pledging scheme."

Man this just gets better by the day !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am not really sure if Suthep is a good person or not, but I sure hope he gains power so the entire rice scam can be exposed. Pretty sure rice does not burn very well, so if the strategy is to cover up missing rice by burning warehouses, do not think that dog is going to hunt very well.

Looks like only a few bags were burned....

Edited by EyesWideOpen
  • Like 1

Use every dirty trick to save face,... those black lying cowards.... beatdeadhorse.gifbeatdeadhorse.gifbeatdeadhorse.gif

Maxlee , whilst you could be totally correct or totally wrong, don't you consider your comments to be libelous ? After being holidayed a number of times by moderators I wonder how they are able to let comments like this pass through the hoop.

"The fire at this rice warehouse also came just a few days after a former Democrat party MP and a rice expert Dr Warong Dejkijwikrom warned of possible arsons at rice warehouses to destroy evidence of rampant corruption in the rice pledging scheme."

Remember when the street violence happened?

Suthep said the violence was caused by Chalerm, because Chalerm had said days before that street violence may happen.

Based on that logic, doesn't that mean that it's the Democrats who burned down the rice warehouse?

Because they said it a few days before, just like Chalerm did with the street violence, no?

Rotting rice or other organic stuff will inflame spontaneous.

Of course since this is at least the 3rd government warehouse fire that has been reported since August, it may also be not so spontaneously.

Yes but that happens from the inside of the pile as heat builds up, the burn marks in the photo are on the outside of the bags.

• Like 2

Remember when the street violence happened?

Suthep said the violence was caused by Chalerm, because Chalerm had said days before that street violence may happen.

Based on that logic, doesn't that mean that it's the Democrats who burned down the rice warehouse?

Because they said it a few days before, just like Chalerm did with the street violence, no?

And what would the Dems have to gain from setting fire to the rice warehouse ?

They want the corruption exposed not covered up and they have shown this in the censure debate where they exposed the non existent G 2 G deal with China.

The only ones who have anything to gain are those who would attempt to destroy evidence, only need one guess as to who that could be.

• Like 2

In the original version (in Thai) of this report it is said that the rice smells VERY BAD and is rotten!

It is very clear that the Government is trying to destroy the evidences!

Is that your opinion or do you have proof?

Or are you just rumor mongering?

Is that your opinion or are you just trolling?

I asked for proof of his allegations. Lets see if we get any.

Well bear in mind the reaction of the PTP members when a DEM MP opened a sack of rotting rice in parliament. The PTP members were so outraged they accused him of trespass. It was posted as a news item on TVF.

Edited by Mosha

Ahhh Errrm..........

It is now 2014 and that Rice was pleged and stored in 2012.

I'm no mathmatician, but ?????????????????????????

I would not want to eat that rice

The answer that you are looking for (2014 - 2012) is 2.

What makes you think that the rice you buy in the shops is any fresher?

" The former MP predicted there would be more fires at the warehouses where pledged rice is stockpiled, to destroy evidence of corruption after farmers had vowed to inspect and examine the quality of rice. He also said that when water was sprayed into the gutted warehouse, all rice kept would be destroyed and could be hardly proved whether they were spoilt or rotten before the fire or not. This is a fact which all rice traders know very well that it is a mean to destroy evidence. "

And there you have it. Rice Scandal Part II - the destruction of evidence in the silos that points to massive corruption in the scheme. If the allegation is true, the Yingluck administration is going to be very busy. A realistic scenario would expect a continuation of these practices in a desperate attempt to erase the presence of spoilt or missing rice. Watergate is appearing more and more to be quite a small event compared to what this could potentially emerge into.

• Like 2

What could catch fire in a rice warehouse ? unless combustible stuff was

brought in to deliberately destroy the evidence,of lots and lots of missing,

or phantom rice that was never even there in the first place.

They better get all those decaying fire engines off the docks in Bangkok

recondition them and put them into service,as without doubt this fire will

be the first of many.

regards Worgeordie

Not the first of many.

The list is starting to pile up:

Aug 8, 2012 -- Hat Yai

Nov 25, 2012 -- Mahasarakham

Nov 27, 2012 -- Srisaket

Jan 5, 2013 -- Petchabun

Mar 2, 2013 -- Pitsanulok

Mar 22, 2013 -- Saraburi

Today -- Lopburi

More proof for the NACC of course.

• Like 1

A realistic scenario would expect a continuation of these practices in a desperate attempt to erase the presence of spoilt or missing rice.

Your right. It is a very realistic scenario that it would continue. The rice fires began in 2012.

Aug 8, 2012 -- Hat Yai

Nov 27, 2012 -- Srisaket

Jan 5, 2013 -- Petchabun

Mar 22, 2013 -- Saraburi

Today -- Lopburi

Who would have thought that Thai rice could be so combustable.

• Like 1

A realistic scenario would expect a continuation of these practices in a desperate attempt to erase the presence of spoilt or missing rice.

Your right. It is a very realistic scenario that it would continue. The rice fires began in 2012.

Aug 8, 2012 -- Hat Yai

Nov 27, 2012 -- Srisaket

Jan 5, 2013 -- Petchabun

Mar 22, 2013 -- Saraburi

Today -- Lopburi

Quite, who needs oil & gas or alternative energy sources, just build a power station near a rice warehouse and seeing as it appears Thai rice spontaneously combusts use that in the boilers to supply power

I believe Thai rice has solved the worlds need for alternative energy sources....finally a hub they can be proud of....

"Thai Rice....Fueling the world"

• Like 1

Man this just gets better by the day !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am not really sure if Suthep is a good person or not, but I sure hope he gains power so the entire rice scam can be exposed. Pretty sure rice does not burn very well, so if the strategy is to cover up missing rice by burning warehouses, do not think that dog is going to hunt very well.

Looks like only a few bags were burned....

They do not try to burn all the rice...

But you should know that to extinguish the fire, the fireman have to use water!

ALL wet rice go bad very quickly!!! And so, it is impossible to know if the rice was rotten previously or not!

That his how they can claim that the rice have gone bad because of the water to extinguish the fire...

• Like 1

Aug 8, 2012 -- Hat Yai

Nov 27, 2012 -- Srisaket

Jan 5, 2013 -- Petchabun

Mar 22, 2013 -- Saraburi

Today -- Lopburi

There was another lopburi rice warehouse fire 2 weeks ago

Posted 2014-01-29 15:18:15

xstar_big.png.pagespeed.ic.zb7cgAQhuy.pn

POPULAR

RT @tulsathit: This may sum rice scheme up. RT @PatricLand: Govt rice warehouse in Lopburi https://t.co/bhZOhVZmj0 http://t.co/YYMXCSNbHS

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/700266-thailand-live-wednesday-29-jan-2014/?p=7364001

Burning down the warehouse might be a good way to conceal how much is missing.

PTP Talking Heads:

Hold tight wait till the partys over

Hold tight were in for nasty weather

There has got to be a way

Burning down the warehouse!

be the first of many.

regards Worgeordie

Not the first of many.

Aug 8, 2012 -- Hat Yai

Nov 27, 2012 -- Srisaket

Jan 5, 2013 -- Petchabun

Mar 22, 2013 -- Saraburi

Today -- Lopburi

So you're saying the claims that Puea Thai is setting fire to rice warehouses (which I think is ridiculous, I might add), is ...well, ridiculous?

Because why would they be setting fires in August 2012?

be the first of many.

regards Worgeordie

Not the first of many.

Aug 8, 2012 -- Hat Yai

Nov 27, 2012 -- Srisaket

Jan 5, 2013 -- Petchabun

Mar 22, 2013 -- Saraburi

Today -- Lopburi

So you're saying the claims that Puea Thai is setting fire to rice warehouses (which I think is ridiculous, I might add), is ...well, ridiculous?

Of course it is ridiculous to you? To the PTP it is ridiculous that the rice scheme has even failed. It is fact though. There were fires at all these rice warehouses. I'm only stating facts.

Luckily it is not you that needs convincing that the only rice on the planet that instantaneously combusts is Thai rice. It is the NACC that need convincing.

It might be pertinent to state a Hitler quote here for my friend Shannon. With an emphases on "power of forgetting"

“The receptivity of the masses is very limited, their intelligence is small, but their power of forgetting is enormous. In consequence of these facts, all effective propaganda must be limited to a very few points and must harp on these in slogans until the last member of the public understands what you want him to understand by your slogan.”

A lot of people have forgotten about these fires, but rest assured the NACC have not forgotten.

If yingluck and the PTP are innocent I sincerely hope you have a strong argument to present to the NACC on the PTP's behalf lest they be found guilty and Prompong Nopparit denial that Yaowapa Wongsawat is being prepared as a stand in should PM Yingluck Shinawatra meet with a political accident become reality. You ask why they would set fire to a warehouse in August 2012? Beside the fact the rice scheme started in 2011, Nopparit had a Freudian slip. The PTP knew there would be a mine field of corruption IF found out. The PTP orchestrated the rice scam so they knew in 2011 or more importantly in August 2012 what needed to be done to keep any corruption quite.

Seems the PTP are so corrupt they have back up Shinawatra's in the cartridge ready to fire up when the last Shinawatra went down due to corruption.

What would you have us believe? It was the DEM's setting fire to rice stocks to hide PTP corruption? Unfortunately for you that excuse does not wash in this case.

I will embrace the NACC verdict. Wheather innocent or guilty. I look forward to it.

Edited by djjamie

So now it cannot even be sold on the cheap.

A double loss when you add it all up.

The collapse in Greece, Spain, etc will be nothing compared to what will happen here.

Pity the poor who voted for the rich coniving thieves.

They will buy up what is left for nothing.

Maybe legal coups, ie. the law, is better than a financial dictatorship.

You ain't paid the rent on your land coz I ain't paid you?.Thanks and give your land to me.

Gotta be a dummy if you couldn't see this coming.

• Like 1

be the first of many.

regards Worgeordie

Not the first of many.

Aug 8, 2012 -- Hat Yai

Nov 27, 2012 -- Srisaket

Jan 5, 2013 -- Petchabun

Mar 22, 2013 -- Saraburi

Today -- Lopburi

Of course it is ridiculous to you? To the PTP it is ridiculous that the rice scheme has even failed. It is fact though. There were fires at all these rice warehouses. I'm only stating facts.

Luckily it is not you that needs convincing that the only rice on the planet that instantaneously combusts is Thai rice. It is the NACC that need convincing.

It might be pertinent to state a Hitler quote here for my friend Shannon. With an emphases on "power of forgetting"

“The receptivity of the masses is very limited, their intelligence is small, but their power of forgetting is enormous. In consequence of these facts, all effective propaganda must be limited to a very few points and must harp on these in slogans until the last member of the public understands what you want him to understand by your slogan.”

A lot of people have forgotten about these fires, but rest assured the NACC have not forgotten.

If yingluck and the PTP are innocent I sincerely hope you have a strong argument to present to the NACC on the PTP's behalf lest they be found guilty and Prompong Nopparit denial that Yaowapa Wongsawat is being prepared as a stand in should PM Yingluck Shinawatra meet with a political accident become reality. You ask why they would set fire to a warehouse in August 2012? Beside the fact the rice scheme started in 2011, Nopparit had a Freudian slip. The PTP knew there would be a mine field of corruption IF found out. The PTP orchestrated the rice scam so they knew in 2011 or more importantly in August 2012 what needed to be done to keep any corruption quite.

Seems the PTP are so corrupt they have back up Shinawatra's in the cartridge ready to fire up when the last Shinawatra went down due to corruption.

What would you have us believe? It was the DEM's setting fire to rice stocks to hide PTP corruption? Unfortunately for you that excuse does not wash in this case.

I will embrace the NACC verdict. Wheather innocent or guilty. I look forward to it.

Yaowapa Wongsawat has been extremely quite Shannon. That's not a Shinawatra trait (yingluck excluded cause she is the "slow" one, but pretty of course!!), lest there be some shenanigans going on.

She is so quite in fact I am willing to promise that if I am wrong I will let you behead me if Yaowapa is not PM before 2015.

You cannot state that this beheading comment is inappropriate because Chalerm, (deputy PM at the time) stated this regarding Thaksins return last year. If it is appropriate for a PTP deputy PM to refer to beheading's (post or pre 9/11) when making promises surely it is ok for me right?

If you disagree with me I will call you garbage. Again this is not inappropriate and you should have no problem with this because you defend a party who's other deputy PM stated that the opposition are garbage because they dared to disagree with the PTP.

Get my point yet? You defend what you detest. Unless of course you feel what I said above WAS appropriate?

PS - I am disgusted with what I said above. I hope you are too? AND if you are then why do you support the PTP?

Edited by djjamie
  • Like 2

In the original version (in Thai) of this report it is said that the rice smells VERY BAD and is rotten!

It is very clear that the Government is trying to destroy the evidences!

Looks like very little damage to me, a few hundred maybe. Plus id be surprised of it were insured by the gov the premiums of all that rice would be huge.

Stranger than fiction!

What an amazing event and just when the farmers were wanting to take their rice back. What a terrible accident to have happen, I'm positive it was of course an accident, who would want to go and burn that valuable rice that is just waiting to be snapped-up at premium prices?

As I said.... STRANGER THAN FICTION!!

Great, so we all agree that the Democrats burned down the rice warehouse to put yet another blame on Puea Thai.

I think we'd all agree that your posts are as desperate as PTP's claim to be able to pay the farmers! A sad attempt at trying to blame anyone but PTP, Pathetic!

• Like 1

Great, so we all agree that the Democrats burned down the rice warehouse to put yet another blame on Puea Thai.

Ummmmm burned down!,,, burned down!

There you go again making things up.. It didn't burn down, did it?

see post 25.

At this time like most reporting in Thailand we will probably NEVER know what happened.

Ummmmm burned down!,,, burned down!

There you go again making things up.. It didn't burn down, did it?

see post 25.

At this time like most reporting in Thailand we will probably NEVER know what happened.

Even worse then.

3 pages of discussion because a bag of rice caught fire.

Let's hope there won't be another bag of rice falling off the shelves somewhere in China, because then all hell will break loose!

Edited by ShannonT