Yingluck blames anti-government protests for rice-pledging problems

webfact

The payments were due in October. The protests started in November and Parliament was dissolved on 9 December. They didn't prepare the funding for the farmers on time and intended to default on them from the beginning. Then dissolved Parliament without bothering to approve the necessary cabinet resolutions for government guaranteed borrowings.

Something doesn't stack here. The woman is not playing with a full deck.

Hmmm ...not supporting Yingluck but can you honestly say any Thai appears to have a full deck ????

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

News Flash

The National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC) has just read their verdict and found Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra guilty of corruption in the rice-pledging scheme.

http://thainews.prd.go.th/centerweb/newsen/NewsDetail?NT01_NewsID=WNPOL5702180010010

Its about time.

I do hope someone has the good sense to take her passport off her...

The NACC needs to publish the relevant evidence ASAP, before the spinsters start up the "judicial coup" campaign to rouse people and intensify the current conflict. Facts, like, right now.

• Like 1

The payments were due in October. The protests started in November and Parliament was dissolved on 9 December. They didn't prepare the funding for the farmers on time and intended to default on them from the beginning. Then dissolved Parliament without bothering to approve the necessary cabinet resolutions for government guaranteed borrowings.

Something doesn't stack here. The woman is not playing with a full deck.

Hmmm ...not supporting Yingluck but can you honestly say any Thai appears to have a full deck ????

That's pretty rude. You ARE a guest in their country

• Like 1

Yingluck is right about this. The same group that is using Suthep to try an act as a popular alternative to the government, without much success outside Bangkok, is also influencing the courts, banks and other bureaucrats to try to get rid of the democratically elected government. It is shameful, and the Prime Minister is spot on with her criticism.

Did Suthep and the nefarious elites force Yingluck not to attend one single meeting of the Rice Scheme Committee she was chairperson of?

That's some powerful influence mojo they must have.

Anyway, doesn't the underlined fact sound like, how can we call it?, dereliction of duty to you?

• Like 1

News Flash

The National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC) has just read their verdict and found Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra guilty of corruption in the rice-pledging scheme.

http://thainews.prd.go.th/centerweb/newsen/NewsDetail?NT01_NewsID=WNPOL5702180010010

Its about time.

There is one suspicious part in that article.

Mr Vicha elaborated that Ms Yingluck had been warned in advance by the commission as well as the Office of the Auditor General about irregularities in the rice pledging scheme. She was also well aware of the problems after having listened to House debates over the matter but still pushed forward with the scheme.

When did she stick around the house long enough to hear any thing.

She spends more time in her own house trying to decide which outfit to wear.

News Flash

Its about time.

I do hope someone has the good sense to take her passport off her...

The NACC needs to publish the relevant evidence ASAP, before the spinsters start up the "judicial coup" campaign to rouse people and intensify the current conflict. Facts, like, right now.

Facts!!!?? this is a thai soap opera, there's no continuity manager, the script writer has nodded off, the VT editor is mixing up his tapes, there are no facts in this saga, and whoever wants to start quoting facts is very likely to get lost in the mire of Thai politics which has been contentious for a good 60 years.

I suppose Yingluck needs to say something. Being a paid for political whore is hard work, and sometimes she'll have to swallow some untruths.

Gone by the end of the month to Dubai.

I wish she'd swallow my untruths. wub.png

I suppose Yingluck needs to say something. Being a paid for political whore is hard work, and sometimes she'll have to swallow some untruths.

Gone by the end of the month to Dubai.

You say she's a politician ?

I always thought she was an athlete, since she always runs when someone has a question for her.

• Like 2

That right put the blame where it belongs. Farmers are not very smart they been duped by Suthep.

Please explain. How has this been done?

Not that I KNOW, but I'm guessing there's a thought that with the farmers so poor, where did they get the support and money to come to Bangkok and protest. Yes yes it's all a coincidence and there's not a sinister bone in the man's body. His only motive is for the good of Thailand.thumbsup.gifwai2.gif

That right put the blame where it belongs. Farmers are not very smart they been duped by Suthep.

Please explain. How has this been done?

Not that I KNOW, but I'm guessing there's a thought that with the farmers so poor, where did they get the support and money to come to Bangkok and protest. Yes yes it's all a coincidence and there's not a sinister bone in the man's body. His only motive is for the good of Thailand.thumbsup.gifwai2.gif

The poorest farmers were excluded from the scheme by lack of sufficient acreage anyway.

Are we to believe that those who did come waited until they withdrew their last baht from the bank, sold their buffaloes, and jingled their last satang before they decided to fuel up the outrage bus and come down to Bangkok?

I doubt that organizing whip-rounds and pooling vehicles is beyond their ken. They're farmers you know, not village idiots. facepalm.gif

In any case, when did they did arrive in Bangkok they were inundated with supplies from the protesters and sympathetic Bangkokians.

Edited by Trembly

Why can't she just admit that she was wrong and that this project has failed. Take your losses and time to move on

simple, she could not able to show how much benefits she got from the failed rice programme. perhaps, a number she won't able to know neither.

Simple, ask her brother, I am sure he knows...... cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

What I wonder is how she can put her son through all of this, how does she explain it to him ?

Presumably he is still going to school and the other kids must have heard their parents talking and will be having a go at him, taunting him possibly.

Kids can be real cruel like that especially if they can gang up on someone who may already be the target of jealousy.

Hay madam caretaker PM heres something else you forgot to do before you dissolved parliament :

Posted Today, 07:12

Bt1.4-bn student loan fund in limbo
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- It remains unclear whether the Cabinet, now in its caretaker status, will be able to approve an additional budget of Bt1.4 billion for the Student Loan Fund.

Caretaker Education Minister Chaturon Chaisang yesterday said without the approval, about 112,500 students would be affected.

He said relevant authorities would consult the Budget Bureau and the Secretariat of the Cabinet on the issue.

"If the caretaker Cabinet cannot approve the budget, we will be exploring measures to minimise impacts on students," he said.

xnationlogo.jpg.pagespeed.ic.k-Kc5cy-DD.
-- The Nation 2014-02-19

So its not only the rice farmers you forgot about but the students as well.

It's despicable that she can't take responsibility for her actions. She is a leader of a country for christ sake, how can the people allow her to represent them if she can't speak anything resembling the truth.

Just a poster/puppet show pony. When the party was selected (paid for by vote buying I mean) they selected her- maybe against her will. All she wants to do is shop & travel. Better if she shops till she drops & doesn't bother getting up any more.

Yingluck; She is so cute. Really attractive, with an open face. Id bar fine her, if I saw her in a bar. Heh! Heh! What chance did the Rice Farmers have with all that innocence radiating from her. You want to trust her, as she looks so perfect. She will never see the inside of any cell.

Wow!! there must be some genes in that Thaksin Family, that they need to be so crooked, when they already have so much.They have raped Thailand for decades and unfortunately Thailand seems to have enjoyed the ordeal. But now just once to-much, she, her brother and their followers are becoming exposed.

Suthep is also bankrupt as a leader. Maybe better the devil you know, than just another clown. At least she makes a good poster girl.

Just some opinions Don`t count for much. Unfortunately.

And a great bodyswerve