Arrested PCAD core leader insists no wrongdoing

webfact

Arrested PCAD Leader Insists No Wrongdoing
By Khaosod English

13927812651392781290l.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The police have arrested a core leader of the anti-government protest movements on charge of besieging state agency and damaging public properties.

Mr. Tinnakorn Onprathum, a prominent member of the People′s Committee for Absolute Democracy With the King As Head of State (PCAD), was apprehended at a police checkpoint at around 00.45 last night on Phaholyothin Road.

Police said Mr. Tinnakorn was riding on a Toyota pick-up truck with two companions. According to the suspect, he was returning to a PCAD rally stage at Makkawan Bridge on Ratchadamnoen Avenue after venturing out to buy food and medicine for his throat condition.

Pol.Maj. Chayut Marayart said Mr. Tinnakorn is wanted on charges of besieging a governmental office and damaging public properties, after he led PCAD protesters to block entrance to Department of Forestry on 12 February in which some protesters allegedly caused damages to the building.

Mr. Tinnakorn′s relatives later arrived at the police station to apply for a bail release.

The activist claimed that he was not aware of any arrest warrant. Mr. Tinnakorn also admitted that he was the leader of PCAD demonstrators on 12 February, but denied any wrongdoing.

He insisted that he was merely campaigning for the public servants to abandon their works and join the anti-government protests, which Mr. Tinnakorn says is completely legal under the democratic regime.

Source: http://www.khaosod.co.th/en/view_newsonline.php?newsid=TVRNNU1qYzRNVEkyTlE9PQ==

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2014-02-19

"Pol.Maj. Chayut Marayart said Mr. Tinnakorn is wanted on charges of besieging a governmental office and damaging public properties, after he led PCAD protesters to block entrance to Department of Forestry on 12 February in which some protesters allegedly caused damages to the building."

You could pull those accusations and supporting statements apart more easily than two lego pieces....... (well maybe the Pol. Maj. couldn't clap2.gif)

I love the way the leaders go home to their cozy rich beds and don't slum it with the farmers in Asoke.

great way to pic them off and it keep them on their toes if nothing else.

Oh so he lives at Makkawan Bridge does he?

Pray tell where does it say he lives differently to other protesters?

You should stop making things up to suit your own agenda.

No, you're right, he's a veritable hero of the revolution and a martyr to his cause.

This will be the standard reaction from those who will be arrested. Criminal activities should be dealt with on the spot. There is no need to wait for an arrest warrant.

yeah I agree ... send a flying squad to chase Thaksin down where-ever he's hiding and deal with him on the spot.

This guy who has been in custody a few hours has already served more time that Thaksin the corrupt and Thaksin the extra-judiciary killer

• Like 1

This will be the standard reaction from those who will be arrested. Criminal activities should be dealt with on the spot. There is no need to wait for an arrest warrant.

yeah I agree ... send a flying squad to chase Thaksin down where-ever he's hiding and deal with him on the spot.

This guy who has been in custody a few hours has already served more time that Thaksin the corrupt and Thaksin the extra-judiciary killer

Please do. "send a flying squad to chase Thaksin down where-ever he's hiding and deal with him on the spot."

Why bother even trying to make a Arrest warrant. Shooting them on the spot might be a better option for you (icommunity). Zieg hail!!

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Why bother even trying to make a Arrest warrant. Shooting them on the spot might be a better option for you (icommunity). Zieg hail!!

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I assume this will be the standard greeting in Thailand once the brown, sorry, yellow shirt movement has "ousted" the (maybe not likable but nevertheless elected) government.

I love the way the leaders go home to their cozy rich beds and don't slum it with the farmers in Asoke.

great way to pic them off and it keep them on their toes if nothing else.

"go home to their cozy rich beds"

According to the OP, "Police said Mr. Tinnakorn was riding on a Toyota pick-up truck with two companions. According to the suspect, he was returning to a PCAD rally stage at Makkawan Bridge on Ratchadamnoen Avenue after venturing out to buy food and medicine for his throat condition.", but I see no mention of 'cozy rich beds' ? wink.png

Do you have a source for that claim ?