Fuel usage

namdocmai

16 km per lit two up and 17 km per lit alone but fast highway rides above 160 - 170 kph rides.

18 km per lit in the city, but very hard and fast commutes.

if i feel normal that day, 20 km per lit.

i ride honda cbr500r.

Edited by ll2

Wave 71, Phantom 42, NV400 21.

I ride like an old fart 60-80kph max and rarely use brakes, but am often two-up at 134kg.

As a poor apprentice I learnt to be frugal...guess it stuck. Need to improve the NV400, but love the acceleration around town.

Edited by AllanB

Wave 110i...64,

Spark 135i...54,

90% calmly around town on 91 octane gasohol...better on gasoline.

Interesting you say better on gasoline, many other say worse.....

My cbr and wifeys Mio both give better mileage using gasoline rather than gasohol but then gasohol is cheaper so probably works out the same bht wise.

• Like 1

Wave 110i...64,

Spark 135i...54,

Unlikely. Beside evidence, it's a scientific fact.

Heating value decreased by 2.1 %vol -> Vehicle consume more fuel.

and

Blending ethanol in gasoline causes worse driveability.

http://www.pecj.or.jp/japanese/overseas/asian/asia_symp_5th/pdf_5th/10-ThummaratThummadetsak.pdf

This presentation is specific to Thai gashol.

Edited by paz
  • Like 1

Wave 110i...64,

Spark 135i...54,

Unlikely. Beside evidence, it's a scientific fact.

Heating value decreased by 2.1 %vol -> Vehicle consume more fuel.

and

Blending ethanol in gasoline causes worse driveability.

http://www.pecj.or.jp/japanese/overseas/asian/asia_symp_5th/pdf_5th/10-ThummaratThummadetsak.pdf

This presentation is specific to Thai gashol.

Just asking the question, my old bike may be happier on gasoline/petrol/benzin and having to pay 25% extra, well, it would nice to know it may go a little further.

• Like 1

Wave 110i...64,

Spark 135i...54,

Wow that is very efficient. I will test my bike outside the city this week and just ride 80 as much as i can without braking all the time, i just want to know how efficient this new engine can be because it is all new technology.

I tried V-power allready but it didn't make a difference.

Just asking the question, my old bike may be happier on gasoline/petrol/benzin and having to pay 25% extra, well, it would nice to know it may go a little further.

One or two tanks try is not going to break the bank anwyay.

CB500F:

Worse: 23Km/L aggressive riding.

Best: 29Km/L with the lady passenger, controlling the speed cheesy.gif

Always using Gasoline 95.

just to clear confusion, gasoline = benzine.

Gasoline is the international name, benzine is just thai given name.

Gasohol is mixture of gasoline with alcohol, 10%, 20% 85%

Edited by brfsa2
  • Like 1

Wave 110i...64,

Spark 135i...54,

Wow that is very efficient. I will test my bike outside the city this week and just ride 80 as much as i can without braking all the time, i just want to know how efficient this new engine can be because it is all new technology.

My hat is off to the engineers/designers & workers at Honda, Yamaha, & Suzuki for bringing us these wonderful, beautiful, reliable, long-lasting, cheap machines. Fun and zippy to drive too.

I read that the 110i Wave is the best selling motor vehicle in Thailand and the world. For good reason, sure. ($1230 new.)

From the perspective of machine suitability, I'd have no qualms about riding a Wave from here to...Denmark or Portugal.

Wave 110i...64,

Spark 135i...54,

That's fast for a Wave, if you want 200mpg (71kpl) ride 50-60 it makes a big difference, aerodynamics I guess. That is what helps the PCX do 120mpg at 80+ despite the rubber band drive.

I tried V-power in the UK made absolutely no difference, I think it's a complete scam.

just to clear confusion, gasoline = benzine.

Gasoline is the international name, benzine is just thai given name.

"Benzine" is use in many other languages, e.g. Italian, Russian.

While "gasoline" is not used in Europe.

Other countries use "naphta", that in other languages indicates diesel fuel.

I've only recorded accurate fuel figures for my PCX150 and VTX1800. Always over 40km/L with the PCX150 but the real economy champ is the VTX at 17km/L. Of course I ride it steadily and keep my speed down to 90-100 out on the road.

The VTX engine is 12 times bigger than the PCX150 and the VTX weighs 2.5 times as much. Given they both do the same sort of work shouldn't the PCX150 be getting closer to 100km/L?

I've only recorded accurate fuel figures for my PCX150 and VTX1800. Always over 40km/L with the PCX150 but the real economy champ is the VTX at 17km/L. Of course I ride it steadily and keep my speed down to 90-100 out on the road.

The VTX engine is 12 times bigger than the PCX150 and the VTX weighs 2.5 times as much. Given they both do the same sort of work shouldn't the PCX150 be getting closer to 100km/L?

PCX 150. New in November. Average 2.05 l per 100 km since new. Now 3400 km.

Ride it like I stole it.

how do you measure consumption?

Keep track of mileage via odometer. Enter km traveled, liters used, price per liter in my smart Fone fuel mileage calculator app.

Keeps a running tab on ongoing mileage I have got since I filled it up for the first time.

Calculates cost per km to operate all my vehicles.

2.05 is the current average of all fill ups since I started from new on PCX.

I always thought that was an odd way of measuring fuel consumption, in litres per 100km and my conspiracy theory is it comes from France.

After we British invented "MPG" the French wanted to be different, so instead of a simple "KPL" they came up with this convoluted "LPHKM".cheesy.gif Like their orange headlights that didn't work.clap2.gif

Now before any of you Yanks claim you invented MPG, think about it..could you really be bothered in your big gas guzzlers all in single figures and the price of petrol at 1 cent a gallon over there and besides you don have a proper gallon to measure anyway. Where did that short measure come from? wink.png

• Like 1