How many bike clubs are there in Thailand?

Scottythai

At a bike show I saw many guys wearing the "colours" of a bike club. (Cut off leather vest with a insignia on the back) I quickly realised that most of these guys were "wannabees" and just made them up for themselves, I never saw more than two people wearing the same colours. Some of the names were hilarious!

• Like 1

i am member of a club.

it is called 'Lone Rider' and open only for lone riders which everyone is his/her own president.

When i was at Burapa Bike Fest, i seen a lot of clubs there maybe more than hundred! Majority of them Harley only, some rare only Yamaha and again some rare open for any model and type of bikes.

And, i am not counting other clubs like pcx club, scoopy club, mio club, ninja300 club, kawasaki club, ducati owners, honda cb club etc.

How does a lone rider belong to a club with other people in it? How do you have meetings and rides? Do you send yourself emails of upcoming events? smile.png

I would never join a club that would have me as a member!!!

what a paradox dilligad!!!

I kind of like the idea of the "Wild Hogs" obviously with some decent bikes, but at least they get out and ride, with no proper organisation, no rules and most of all no one in charge.

Must get my bike 100% first...............

My own personal favorite is the 'Prospect' vest.

It does my head in when I see middle-aged westerners at bike meets wearing those. Hilarious!

yeah and you have to kiss many asses to level up from that state!

It does my head in when I see middle-aged westerners at bike meets wearing those. Hilarious!

That depends on the club LL2, Ulysses and few others aren't like that.

i respect them then bazmlb.

these kind of hierarchy, rules and regulations is contradicting with the freedom of biking and turning things to an ego trip from a bike trip. is this an army or a club?

Also, did not like the fact that most of these clubs are nationalist and discriminative - hope not the ones in Thailand. Still hearing like for some bike clubs in USA that they dont accept colored citizens?

sad really if that is still true as it is totally against the philosophy of biking and c'mon, this is 21st century!

They use the bikes as a tool of ego leverage!

Edited by ll2

How does a lone rider belong to a club with other people in it? How do you have meetings and rides? Do you send yourself emails of upcoming events? smile.png

Well, no other people in my club. only me!

think about it more, you will figure it out the rest.

When i do group rides with others, i attend as a lone rider and it does not change the fact that i am a lone rider. Like clubs do group rides together sometime.

Hate hierarchy, presidents, VPs and all that kind of stuff so cannot be a part of a conventional rider club and kiss ass of others there for more presence, i am sorry.

I could never show up on time for the rides so they kicked me out, hehehehehe

and turning things to an ego trip from a bike trip.

Just about sums it up. Happy to join a group of like minded riders for a day or few days ride, but a club?bah.gif

EDIT: 3 people with smart phones and a Facebook account could probably be considered a club!

Edited by VocalNeal
  • Like 1

and turning things to an ego trip from a bike trip.

Just about sums it up. Happy to join a group of like minded riders for a day or few days ride, but a club?bah.gif

EDIT: 3 people with smart phones and a Facebook account could probably be considered a club!

post-103189-0-82981600-1393299881_thumb.

i respect them then bazmlb.

these kind of hierarchy, rules and regulations is contradicting with the freedom of biking and turning things to an ego trip from a bike trip. is this an army or a club?

Also, did not like the fact that most of these clubs are nationalist and discriminative - hope not the ones in Thailand. Still hearing like for some bike clubs in USA that they dont accept colored citizens?

sad really if that is still true as it is totally against the philosophy of biking and c'mon, this is 21st century!

They use the bikes as a tool of ego leverage!

Wow I have not seen a club in Thailand that does not accept Thai's. Unless you are saying there are Thai clubs that do not accept the white folk.

I once thought about starting a bike club. For riders over 100kg on bikes over 100 hp. It was going to be called 'Big Fat 100'.

Until I noticed I was the only one who qualified.

Suzuki GSX-R1000 L3 182 hp in-line 4 Superbike

Could easily count me in :)

Sadest thing I see is farang in their late 40s / 50s with prospect on their jackets smile.png

I think its great that they are out doing what they want to do, most probably never had time in their working life till then, nothing says you have to be 18 to be a prospect. The Ulysses MC starts are 40 for most members