Phuket's Abandoned Villas

EBlair48

there is a huge mountain top villa at the end of that road that the Rawai tennis ans sports club is on. rumor is it was built by someone in the Singha family but been so high up, didn't have legal building permits so its been abandoned for years. that place is a real villa.

there is a huge mountain top villa at the end of that road that the Rawai tennis ans sports club is on. rumor is it was built by someone in the Singha family but been so high up, didn't have legal building permits so its been abandoned for years. that place is a real villa.

Supposedly not allowed to build above 80m.

Squatting [not on the loo] is obviously not in the Thai mindset....

All over LOS there are some great, abandoned buildings, where whole families/villages could live..a better than most of the ramshackle tin huts that some live in.

Often thought that it would be ideal for some, but never have seen evidence of it happening here.

They could be there for years and years without any eviction notice being issued even going to court etc..

Walking at Koh Lanta Noi, I got thirsty, saw a cat so expected soon a village would come, but nothing materialized. Then came a turnoff for a resort, so with a cool soft drink in mind I followed the sign. Car tracks all seemed old, so I already got a bit suspicious. Proved true when arriving at the resort. Beautifully laid out western themed type of place, called the Big Corral Resort or something along that line. Abandoned, but I couldn't have ordered a drink anyway, there was a sign saying: "restaurant only for resort guests".

So many dreams go bust.

Edited by keestha
  • Like 1

Think i know the villa.

On the way to promthep cape hundred meters or so before the turn up the hill.

I looked at around 7 years ago too !! :-)

As far as i remember is actually owned by a thai who works as a doctor in bangkok. ?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Think i know the villa.

As far as i remember is actually owned by a thai who works as a doctor in bangkok. ?

I know that one too, really lovely setting.

Think it is a different one from the OP though.

Abandoned houses, estates and resorts all over Phuket

Nai Yang beach has a large abondoned resort at the southern end, probably illegally built on govt land

I think a farang would have rocks for brains if they squatted on someone elses property even if abandoned

That's the Hyatt hotel, which catched fire long time ago.

http://oilinki.com/blog/abandoned-hyatt-regency-hotel-nai-yang-beach

There was a recent story on TPN about the abandoned projects on the island.

http://www.thephuketnews.com/financially-troubled-phuket-property-to-be-auctioned-off-44802.php

Abandoned houses, estates and resorts all over Phuket

Nai Yang beach has a large abondoned resort at the southern end, probably illegally built on govt land

I think a farang would have rocks for brains if they squatted on someone elses property even if abandoned

That's the Hyatt hotel, which catched fire long time ago.

http://oilinki.com/blog/abandoned-hyatt-regency-hotel-nai-yang-beach

There was a recent story on TPN about the abandoned projects on the island.

http://www.thephuketnews.com/financially-troubled-phuket-property-to-be-auctioned-off-44802.php

My understanding is the Hyatt has been re-sold and will soon be re-developed

• Like 1

Yeah the villa is near Cherng Telay. Can;t cal lthe Land Dept as it's closed to find out more but I know the name of the foreign owner from before, though it would be under a Thai company- presumably.

Those pics don't really do it justice, the dimensions are huge, the pool is very long-maybe 15 meters Went back yesterday and put up a few signs no trespassing. A local truck advertising itself as stanless work with a lot of junk on it, junk like would be stripped out of a villa went by as I was leaving and I could tell from the long and rather concerned looks , they'd probably been it it.

My lease is up in April , I want to leave Phuket anyway... why not, just live there for a while cheap ,and the worse thing that can happen is an eviction notice- I'll leave then- hell might even gain ownership after a year, if its Nor Sor Gor... mmmmm I"m liking this idea.

Might get someone to start sweeping out the pool before the rains start, if ever.. All it really needs in about 2 days of sweeping and 3 days of weed cutting.

I think most of the larceny has been recent , The staff housing roof is missing but no water damage so within the last months when there has been little rain. throw a tarp up on it...

I"m thinking some solar panels and wind to get the water from eh well Lots of screenin, I don;t use AC anyway, buy do needs fans. It does get a goodd breeze and is up on a hill.

Think i know the villa.

I know that one too, really lovely setting.

Think it is a different one from the OP though.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This sad case is near Pak Lak. About 4 years ago , it was brand new and filled with top notch fittings. Door was unlocked, too. Sat on a lot with about 6 other plots, already fenced.

post-179390-0-67069300-1394288897_thumb.

post-179390-0-16702300-1394288913_thumb. post-179390-0-11288000-1394288944_thumb.

Anyone care to translate, (Banksy he is not) post-179390-0-54423200-1394288990_thumb.

post-179390-0-87379800-1394289021_thumb. post-179390-0-33714300-1394289047_thumb.

This lucky guy is somewhere in the Thanyapura area, has been re claimed after 5 years, rejuvenated somewhat with fresh paint, and has a for sale sign on it - on about 6 rai. I tried hard to get ahold of an owner about 5 years ago- it too had a door left unlocked. It still had the fittings then- but they seem to now be in the process of being replaced.

post-179390-0-68724600-1394289619_thumb. post-179390-0-57056700-1394289639_thumb.

post-179390-0-57633600-1394289663_thumb. post-179390-0-93074000-1394289724_thumb.

post-179390-0-19360400-1394289767_thumb.

and the two beach side homes in Kalim>>> an the list goes on and on, i often take roads into the hills above Layan an plenty of abandoned resorts/.homes

...like that row of seven or eight pool homes on a 45 degree slope over 80 meters high, behind Pavilions. One wonders who gives out building permit for these blatant violations of the " building code"

Actually looking at a DSI map of the area anything north of Laguna is in Sirinart NAt'l Forest reserve

So, the permit office gets the money, and then the hapless owner is later told , "Sorry your house should not have been allowed.."

Thailand : CAVEAT EMPTOR !!

• Like 1