Extra Public Holidays In June?

jezchesters

I can't find this on any other websites listing Thai public holidays...

According to the British Embassy, there are two extra public holidays in June to commemorate 'The 60th Anniversary of the King’s accession to the throne' (http://www.britishembassy.gov.uk/servlet/Front?pagename=OpenMarket/Xcelerate/ShowPage&c=Page&cid=1068717432649)

Obviously, this URL gives information for Embassy Holidays, but does anyone know if these extra holidays apply to the rest of Thailand, or whether it is just another way for British civil servants to dodge work. It would be handy to know...

Believe banks and government offices are closed for these two days.

PRivate companies? Up2U

That's my understanding too Axel.

Our company is too kinneow to give the troops a break... :o

...does anyone know if these extra holidays apply to the rest of Thailand, or whether it is just another way for British civil servants to dodge work. It would be handy to know...

I'm starting to wonder if this is a Bangkok holiday only. According to the school director where I'm employed, the holidays don't necessarily apply outside of Bangkok. The few teachers I've also spoken with in the area (Rangsit) have also stated the same thing, "Open for business." Anyone else in other provinces finding this true as well?

The Administrative office of the building in which i work has sent out letters to all offices in the building to remain closed on 12th and 13th ..

Anyways Thais seem to love their holidays .. I just realized that since april there have been at least 3-4 'long weekends' .. dont know how much it affects the efficiency of the economy ..

...does anyone know if these extra holidays apply to the rest of Thailand, or whether it is just another way for British civil servants to dodge work. It would be handy to know...

I'm starting to wonder if this is a Bangkok holiday only. According to the school director where I'm employed, the holidays don't necessarily apply outside of Bangkok. The few teachers I've also spoken with in the area (Rangsit) have also stated the same thing, "Open for business." Anyone else in other provinces finding this true as well?

A lot of people have got the Friday off as well, the authorities fear traffic congestion in Bangkok which is why they always give public holidays to Bangkokians when foreign dignitaries and VIPs hit town, remember APEC, international Aids conference 2 years ago, King's jubilee 10 years ago?

I just love it. I've asked and where I work, the powers-that-be haven't decided. I am in Samut Prakarn, so I don't know if I'll get it or not. I'm sure I won't unless the management is pressured into giving it off.