Caretaker premier Yingluck says she's willing to die on the democratic battlefield

webfact

She would need a lawyer - and honest nonpolitical impartial judges of an independent judiciary. A constitution not written in 2007 by appointed agents of the military coup rulers who deposed her brother would be good too.

Thanks for asking.

Because there is nothing wrong with the rice scam, right? No corruption, and certainly no negligence by the PM who installed it.

Rice on the brain.

You can't succeed in trying to politicize corruption when everyone is corrupt.

When everyone is corrupt, the sides screaming the loudest are invariably the ones being excluded from their corrupt taking of the nation's wealth resources.

Presently, corruption is the pretext of the feudal oligarchs who can't win elections any more to mangle democracy, or to murder it, so they can get back into the money and power game. People who claim to be cleansing the system of corruption while trying to corrupt democracy are not to be trusted or believed, not for one moment.

Corruption in Thailand is no longer a game of musical chairs among the elites with the army occasionally but regularly taking its turn too. Now it's a winner take all game.

Lose-lose for Thailand.

So any attempt to curb corruption should be derided because everybody is doing it, or wants in on it? A government buys its way into power with populist policies and then wastes billions through stupidity and ineptitude, and its critics have "Rice on the brain." What I need to know is what is on the brain of the sycophants who defend every action of a government and its supporters, no how blatantly criminal these may be, simply because they were elected. Do you have sense of morality, of right and wrong?

I suggest you try a course, Ethics 101.

IMO the rice scheme was an honest attempt that would have worked at a less corrupted level but bear in mind this is Thailand we are talkig about and any attempt to implement such an idea will be hindered, if not at the top then definitely at tambon level.

While PT's grand ideas are obstructed by greed, juvenile retaliation from the Democrats and their own incompetence, no other party has tried hard enough to help the lower class. And while I agree that the populist schemes and policies are more for their own benefit can you name one party in the west which puts its interest soley for the benefit of the people?

Democracy was pretty bleak during Abhisit's rule as well (Didnt't Obama deny an invitation made by him). Censorship increased, suppressed any opinion made against the Democrats and refused to criticise or even allow criticism against the Army. He even said that he could pinpoint places where the UDD planned to place bombs and launch grenade attack to which the Army responded: "Really, interesting as we don't have such information."

Though did achieve a few things, he failed to solve the larger issues. Corruption and drug cartels claimed more terratory during his reign. The pension scheme was a bust though the Democrats claimed success.

Point is, lies and self interest are deeply rooted in Thai society but the common tools of every politician in this country. Most of them are the Thai version of Newt Gingrich.

Yet if some of these schmucks can manage to improve the standards of the poor, you will see they won't have any use neither Thaksin nor Abhisit.

So far despite her lack of politcal understanding and skills, Yingluck has managed to do something many PMs before her failed to do, keep her cool despite intense political pressure. In the eyes of the international media and investors, she is viewed as a stable force. Doesn't matter what you and I think, this is the confidence the investors need and this is what Thailand needs for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Edited by maxme
  • Like 2

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She would need a lawyer - and honest nonpolitical impartial judges of an independent judiciary. A constitution not written in 2007 by appointed agents of the military coup rulers who deposed her brother would be good too.

Thanks for asking.

Because there is nothing wrong with the rice scam, right? No corruption, and certainly no negligence by the PM who installed it.

Rice on the brain.

You can't succeed in trying to politicize corruption when everyone is corrupt.

When everyone is corrupt, the sides screaming the loudest are invariably the ones being excluded from their corrupt taking of the nation's wealth resources.

Presently, corruption is the pretext of the feudal oligarchs who can't win elections any more to mangle democracy, or to murder it, so they can get back into the money and power game. People who claim to be cleansing the system of corruption while trying to corrupt democracy are not to be trusted or believed, not for one moment.

Corruption in Thailand is no longer a game of musical chairs among the elites with the army occasionally but regularly taking its turn too. Now it's a winner take all game.

Lose-lose for Thailand.

So any attempt to curb corruption should be derided because everybody is doing it, or wants in on it? A government buys its way into power with populist policies and then wastes billions through stupidity and ineptitude, and its critics have "Rice on the brain." What I need to know is what is on the brain of the sycophants who defend every action of a government and its supporters, no how blatantly criminal these may be, simply because they were elected. Do you have sense of morality, of right and wrong?

I suggest you try a course, Ethics 101.

You are trying to indoctrinate people in Thai Ethics 1001, which is that two wrongs make a right, and that five wrongs make it even righter.

I absolutely oppose the fascist "People's Council" of Suthep supported by the DP because it is a wrong. And you?

I reject Suthep's violent campaign to prevent an election occurring - Suthep's campaign had predictable consequences which are now occurring. And you? What did you say about violently preventing the February 2nd election or of the consequences?

I oppose a coup d'état military mutiny against the legitimately established civilian authority. And you? I say the military absolutely needs to rule out any coup d'état military mutiny. And you?

I say the immediate need is to complete the election of February 2nd, establish a fully constituted government, then proceed with reforms and court cases. The absolute first thing needed now is to establish a legitimately elected government so stability and order can be restored, And you? What do you say to this?

I invite your replies to but some of the immediate issues only for the record, to save me trudging through all of your recent posts, not because I care or am impacted by the extreme statements you make or by the marginal schemes you present. I want to make clear that you are trapped in the Thai long term vicious cycle of two wrongs make a right and that five wrongs make it even more right.