Advocates of separatism warned by army chief

Lite Beer

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Prayuth is right to have spoken up. The secession movement in the UDD is profoundly unconstitutional.

What a load of nonsense.

The kind of talk that is what`s responsible for the blood bath that is the South of Thailand.

Good to see your long winded rants arn`t just confined to admiration of Suthep, sad to see they are equally as ridiculous.

• Like 2

Is says inciting people to support an illegal breakaway republic is illegal. Go and try that in other countries and see what happens to you.

You mean like Scotland?

It countries like the UK you dont get arrested for such views, you get to vote on them. It doesnt surprise me the anti democracy brigade on here want to limit freedom of speech to match their aspirations for unelected juntas to run the country.

• Like 2

Could someone please tell me the difference between clear acts of sedition by the PDRC and acts advocating secession by some of the UDD? Aren't they both equally treasonous and unconstitutional? Except, of course, when seen through the glasses of the self-righteous!

No, they are not. The PDRC stance does not impede upon the sovereignty of the nation, whereas advocating secession absolutely does. Dealing with the latter is very much the remit of the army, who's purpose is to protect sovereignty.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Edited by rwdrwdrwd
  • Like 1

Thinking differently is illegal now is it?

Well, what the red shirts are promoting is pretty much sedition, which IS illegal.

Yesterday, I asked if they really had any clue as to what they were saying, especially by calling for the formation of a Republic. Well, I guess we just got the answer.

This will set the red shirts back somewhat.

The army is a big part of why Thailand is in this mess in the first place. The reason this movement exists in the first place is because people in the North / NE are desperate to be able to elect governments without having them removed by coups (like the one Prayuth participated in in 2006, or the impending one that he has repeatedly "refused to rule out").

And now Prayuth continues to drag the country towards civil war by refusing to support negotiations with the "separatists" (who made it clear in their speeches that they are only asking for autonomy as opposed to full independence). If he cracks down on the Red Shirts, then many moderates who would have only wanted decentralisation will instead think "in for a penny, in for a pound" and start supporting full-blown secession.

Because of Prayuth's blindness in his drive to support yellow groups to bring dictatorship to the country, Thailand is missing what may well be its last chance to avoid following a Syria-like path.

To be honest, irrespective or Red or Yellow, I don't think Prayuth can be criticized. So far he has been pretty diplomatic, he is in a very delicate position, dammed if he does, dammed if he doesn't. If anyone comes out of this whole mess with any credibility , it is him, IMO.

The politicians Red, Yellow and whatever have a lot of growing up to do,

I can see more reason to criticise Prayuth than any politician. With his multiple refusals "to rule out a coup" he has blatantly stuck his beak into the world of politics (where he doesn't belong).

Acting to overthrowing an elected government is tolerable but we certainly can't have any talk of secession can we?

Acting to overthrow a corrupt government is not just a nice idea, it's democracy !.

• Like 1

Well, what the red shirts are promoting is pretty much sedition, which IS illegal.

Yesterday, I asked if they really had any clue as to what they were saying, especially by calling for the formation of a Republic. Well, I guess we just got the answer.

The reds have been shouting of the roofs that Suthep is trying to create a situation that warrants a military coup.

Guess who has actually succeeded in creating that situation.

• Like 2

And I would argue their right to promote the idea of secession despite disagreeing with it.

Until they try to force secession of the north I personally see nothing illegal with discussion or desire.

ok by your logic, a group gets together and starts talking about how they are going to blow up certain buildings and kill as many people as possible, going by you the police etc should do absolutely nothing until it happens, now that is really showing a lack of intelligence and why planning a secession is illegal, suggest you check the law, this is not your country and you have no idea what the laws are obviously but lets just go with your gut feelingblink.png

Talking about a legitimate route or a desire to secede is far removed from the planning of terrorism.

• Like 1

The reds have been shouting of the roofs that Suthep is trying to create a situation that warrants a military coup.

Reds burn city, reds shooting opposant ,

PT government try to keep power by all means but rice scandal is to more important for say court try only topple an "elected government". They just uphold justice for farmers whose have been spoiled by this government.

what you wand more

Acting to overthrowing an elected government is tolerable but we certainly can't have any talk of secession can we?

Acting to overthrow a corrupt government is not just a nice idea, it's democracy !.

When you put the alternative up for democratic vote sure it is.

• Like 1

Yingluck where are you?

She better speak out soon. She is running out of time.

Probably in Dubai by now.

And if Suthep would crawl back into his hole, everybody would be happy.

I think you're being a bit optimistic.

• Like 1

From the Constitution of the Kingdom of Thailand, 2007:

"Part 7 Liberties in Expression of Persons and Mass Media
Section 45. A person shall enjoy the liberty to express his or her opinion, make speeches, write, print, publicise, and make expression by other means. The restriction on the liberty under paragraph one shall not be imposed except by virtue of the provisions of the law specifically enacted for the purpose of maintaining the security of the State, safeguarding the rights, liberties, dignity, reputation, family or privacy rights of other persons, maintaining public order or good morals or preventing the deterioration of the mind or health of the public."
I suspect that talk of sedition and secession are covered by a specific law enacted to "maintain the security of the State."
  • Like 1

Thaksin started it years ago and is now using it to get back to Thailand. By now he understands it will be not the whole of Thailand he is returning to, so the North is just fine. Next week Yingluck will be in the East. No accidents there but a well layed out plan by her brother. Suthep did his job in not letting Thaksin back in control of the whole of Thailand. The rest and final outcome is in others hands.

0lanna-text-2.jpg

"The government did not want people to know about their ethnicity, they wanted a unified, centralised, Thailand; it's the policy of the government to teach one country, one flag. We used to see signs saying 'This area is free from local dialect.' We were supposed to speak Central Thai only. Not many people in the north were even aware of their cultural background, they didn't know that they were Tai Daeng, Tai Dam, Tai Laos or Tai Lue."

from The Lanna Deception (http://www.chiangmainews.com/ecmn/viewfa.php?id=2727)

The Suthepistas have opened a very old and very sore wound - well done, now reap the consequences.

Zapp:
"Legal action against North separatists"
"Gen Prayuth has ordered Lt Gen Preecha Chan-ocha, the 3rd Army commander, to take legal action against the group," Col Winthai said.

Lt Gen Preecha said as director of the 3rd Region of the Internal Security Operations Command (Isoc), he had called a meeting of the governors of the 17 northern provinces and asked them to monitor and investigate any action which can be construed as affecting national security.
The governors agreed to cooperate.
Edited by tomacht8

Zapp:

"Legal action against North separatists"

"Gen Prayuth has ordered Lt Gen Preecha Chan-ocha, the 3rd Army commander, to take legal action against the group," Col Winthai said.

Lt Gen Preecha said as director of the 3rd Region of the Internal Security Operations Command (Isoc), he had called a meeting of the governors of the 17 northern provinces and asked them to monitor and investigate any action which can be construed as affecting national security.
The governors agreed to cooperate.

He gave responsibility to his younger brother. Good.

From the Constitution of the Kingdom of Thailand, 2007:

"Part 7 Liberties in Expression of Persons and Mass Media
Section 45. A person shall enjoy the liberty to express his or her opinion, make speeches, write, print, publicise, and make expression by other means. The restriction on the liberty under paragraph one shall not be imposed except by virtue of the provisions of the law specifically enacted for the purpose of maintaining the security of the State, safeguarding the rights, liberties, dignity, reputation, family or privacy rights of other persons, maintaining public order or good morals or preventing the deterioration of the mind or health of the public."
I suspect that talk of sedition and secession are covered by a specific law enacted to "maintain the security of the State."

Section 113 deals with .......... separate the land or take over the administration of it. A violator is liable to life imprisonment or death

• Like 1

Since when is this government fairly elected???

by vote buying and promising the farmers a TIT for TaT deal, which came out as a corrupt R(ice) scandal???

So Suthep startet what the DSI should have done 2 years ago "Clear politics from Criminal insects"

Advocating secession is illegal, your thoughts, and everyone else's are safe, don't panic.

Yingluck should disown this groups ASAP, her silence (and the caretaker government's) is extremely troubling; specially in view of at least one of her cabinet memebers being part of this movement.

Being silent is all she can do.

She doesn't have room in her mouth for another foot.

I understand having her speech written for her but what I can't understand is how she can read them with a straight face. Or does she actually believe it. Have they drained the treasury so bad they can not hire decent speech writers?

Why should she say any thing!

Everyone in the country knows what is happening in Bangkok, my understanding there would be no separation, separation would only come into play if the Courts, NACC, staged a judicial Coup, over a charge of "negligence" and have the ammart appointed Senate vote her out of office. Only then a separation would be considered.

Strange all of the sudden protesters supporters start yelling unconstitutional, when Suthep's idiots violated all the acts deemed as terrorist activities, Re: attempts to overthrow the elected government, disrupting the election process, taking over state property among other illegal acts!

If the power that be are unable to make an unbiased decisions based on legal documented Rule of Law, not we saw you cooking on a cooking show on TV last night so you are impeached!

Cheers

That depends on whether the government in question is acting within the bounds of the law and constitution, PTP were not

In any western country such a government would have stepped down in shame and faced the courts without any demonstrations by the people to remove them, which is exactly what is wrong here, PTP have blarged on regardless through a cloud of more lies denial and deceit, I think all will be exposed soon though

They also have the red organisation who's leaders are paid huge sums of money to brainwash those that are easily lead and convinced they have purpose - it's amazing how many times this type of deception is enacted throughout the world - Thailand is a bad one were the government is also involved with funding scams and populous policies to fool those easily fooled with very little

• Like 1

Could someone please tell me the difference between clear acts of sedition by the PDRC and acts advocating secession by some of the UDD? Aren't they both equally treasonous and unconstitutional? Except, of course, when seen through the glasses of the self-righteous!

Sedition: conduct or speech inciting people to rebel against the authority of a state or monarch.

Can someone please tell me how Suthep's supposed sedition is different from that in 2010 ? Easy to make a question seem like things are identical - in my case they are, both people's are/were actively seeking the over throwing/removal of a legally sitting government - and hence, by definition, sedition. Both actually fall under the definition of treason too - the crime of betraying one's country, esp. by attempting to kill the sovereign or overthrow the government. Both were attempting to overthrow the sitting Government without using the proper political process.

Making call for secession, and especially for a republic, is likewise treasonous - however, it is somewhat more dangerous than a load of nutters in Bangkok (both now and in 2010) that will eventually subside. It is permanent and very damaging - it is also a direct insult to certain parties that we can not speak of here, a thing not taken lightly here as you know.

Edited by wolf5370
  • Like 1

Advocating secession is illegal, your thoughts, and everyone else's are safe, don't panic.

Yingluck should disown this groups ASAP, her silence (and the caretaker government's) is extremely troubling; specially in view of at least one of her cabinet memebers being part of this movement.

Being silent is all she can do.

She doesn't have room in her mouth for another foot.

I understand having her speech written for her but what I can't understand is how she can read them with a straight face. Or does she actually believe it. Have they drained the treasury so bad they can not hire decent speech writers?

Why should she say any thing!

Everyone in the country knows what is happening in Bangkok, my understanding there would be no separation, separation would only come into play if the Courts, NACC, staged a judicial Coup, over a charge of "negligence" and have the ammart appointed Senate vote her out of office. Only then a separation would be considered.

Strange all of the sudden protesters supporters start yelling unconstitutional, when Suthep's idiots violated all the acts deemed as terrorist activities, Re: attempts to overthrow the elected government, disrupting the election process, taking over state property among other illegal acts!

If the power that be are unable to make an unbiased decisions based on legal documented Rule of Law, not we saw you cooking on a cooking show on TV last night so you are impeached!

Cheers

Nice comment Mr Amsterdam sorry my wrong, Kikoman .

Yingluck where are you?

Please note the relevant section of the law

Organic Law on the Election of Members of the House of Representatives and Senators, B.E.2541 [1998]

Section 48. No person shall make an election campaign by any means, whether it may be favorable or disfavorable to any candidate or political party, from 6:00 pm of the day before the election day to the end of the election day.

I expect that you would probably be quick to post on a thread calling her a criminal if she broke that law.

• Like 1

Reds burn city, reds shooting opposant ,

PT government try to keep power by all means but rice scandal is to more important for say court try only topple an "elected government". They just uphold justice for farmers whose have been spoiled by this government.

what you wand more

Are you sure they burned the city? Because the guy burning Central has the black scarf and insignia of the same people we've seen guarding the PDRC recently!

Yingluck where are you?

Organic Law on the Election of Members of the House of Representatives and Senators, B.E.2541 [1998]

Section 48. No person shall make an election campaign by any means, whether it may be favorable or disfavorable to any candidate or political party, from 6:00 pm of the day before the election day to the end of the election day.

I expect that you would probably be quick to post on a thread calling her a criminal if she broke that law.

Easy job as she doesn't have anything reasonable to say the other 364 days of the year anyway.

• Like 1

Yingluck where are you?

Don't for gods sake use reason, ratiional, facts and logic on him.

T