Canadian tourist plunges to death at Suvarnabhumi airport

webfact

Canadian's fatal plunge a suicide, say police
The Nation

30228182-01_big.jpg

BANGKOK: -- A Canadian man yesterday plunged from the fourth storey of Suvarnabhumi airport and died in what police say was a suicide.

Quoting eyewitnesses, police said Raymond Mark Campbell,64, got out of a taxi and pushed his cargo cart to the arrival lounge on the fourth and top floor. He climbed over the fence and jumped to the ground floor. He was later pronounced dead at a hospital from traumatic injuries.

Immigration information showed that Campbell entered Thailand on January 16 and booked his flight out on March 22.

He later changed his travel to yesterday and went to the airport. Police have theorised he intended to kill himself. They have notified the Canadian embassy and begun the process for relatives to claim his body.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-03-03

• Like 2

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am sure I read where the AOT were going to erect barriers at Swampy

to stop suicides ,as I understand there have been quiet a few ,I have never

been to that airport,is it that depressing?

regards Worgeordie

RIP. I hope his family have counselling and support at this difficult time.

Buddha: "how much you loved, how gently you lived, and how gracefully you let go of things not meant for you."

You have to walk the earth lightly and not take things too seriously, if you are to cope with the stress of life. Sometimes this is easily forgotten in the modern stressful world. Poor guy.

Buddha: "how much you loved, how gently you lived, and how gracefully you let go of things not meant for you."

Wow ! brilliant Yunlaclap2.gif

• Like 2

Surely that's not him in the picture, just before he jumped

I have been very low some times and managed to pull myself out of it but I believe that severe depression, if you get that low, no one can help u, u just want out. My thoughts only btw.

• Like 2

That is a nice set of golf clubs. One wonders why he packed all his stuff and went to the airport. Very sad and perplexing.

RIP completely perplexing - pack his clubs, why that location? and not "instant" very, very sad

What is going on with spate of suicides of late? I know clinical depression is a killer though it seems to be on a daily basis. So sad for the codger and his family. If you're feeling down anybody, let someone know. In fact all your friends or even on TV. Their is a severe lack of help in Thailand for the I'll. Please reach out you will be surprised how many out here care.

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE 8.2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

In fact all your friends or even on TV. Their is a severe lack of help in Thailand for the I'll. Please reach out you will be surprised how many out here care.

True on all points,,EXCEPT ''even on TV."..There are , no doubt a few well meaning members on here, but bloody hell if you came.

out asking for serious help here, all the other nutters, lowlives,dropouts and other bottomfeeders here would post crap that would break you and and give more reason to final-exit..no thanks

Clinical depression is a nasty infliction for sure and many, many people from all walks of life suffer and indeed do make the decision to take their own life.

Many also, to help make things ""easier"" for loved ones later do indeed get everything in order first.

I know, i've lived day to day with this bastard illness for 15 long years now and its often, to use an old expression "the straw that broke the camels back'' something that at the time appears trivial to others, that is the breaking point.

Good luck to all the other sufferers out there...

• Like 2

R.I.P old chap. I would wanna take a higher dive if it were me, wouldn't wanna leave it to chance from 4 floors.

4 floors at the airport are probably equal to at least double that of your average building maybe even treble - they are very tall floors

RIP

My condolences to the family.

However, whoever proofreads these stories needs to do a better job...

Arrivals lounge on the top floor?? The top floor is departures.

Given the accompanying picture, it doesn't even look like he entered the building.

This is like something out of a movie....spy or horror. I mean the guy takes a taxi all the easy to the airport with all his things packed and a nice set of golf clubs. Then all of a sudden decides I think I'll end it by jumping off the terrace at the airport!? Really!?

Strange.

R.I.P. old fella

• Like 1

What is going on with spate of suicides of late? I know clinical depression is a killer though it seems to be on a daily basis. So sad for the codger and his family. If you're feeling down anybody, let someone know. In fact all your friends or even on TV. Their is a severe lack of help in Thailand for the I'll. Please reach out you will be surprised how many out here care.

As bad as it seems here to some.

What's waiting back home for a 64 year old guy? Bingo?

Maybe Grandkids !! Such a tragedy for this if so!

This is like something out of a movie....spy or horror. I mean the guy takes a taxi all the easy to the airport with all his things packed and a nice set of golf clubs. Then all of a sudden decides I think I'll end it by jumping off the terrace at the airport!? Really!?

Strange.

R.I.P. old fella

R.I.P my friend.

That said, it doesn't make sense?

As bad as it seems here to some.

What's waiting back home for a 64 year old guy? Bingo?

Whew!! Shouldn't his "64 yr" comment be moved to the "<deleted> or <deleted> Losers Only" forum?