Bangkok Traffic Police to reinforce strict rule from March 7

webfact

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some people seem to forget that the poor traffic police have been hit hard financially by the anti government protests. These have been difficult times for them what with having to keep a low profile instead of being out and about collecting fines.

did you forget they get a government salary as well ? all that tea money they collect is just a one of the "perks " of the job :)

unless they been living well outside their means im sure a few weeks protest hasnt put them in financially " difficult times "

and if it has then they deserve it

Some people seem to forget that the poor traffic police have been hit hard financially by the anti government protests. These have been difficult times for them what with having to keep a low profile instead of being out and about collecting fines.

did you forget they get a government salary as well ? all that tea money they collect is just a one of the "perks " of the job smile.png

unless they been living well outside their means im sure a few weeks protest hasnt put them in financially " difficult times "

and if it has then they deserve it

Gosh, that's my trouble I guess. I'm just too saintly and I only ever see the good in people..... even the police. wai2.gif

• Like 1

So to "paraphrase the article" if I may:

Traffic Police to reinforce strict rule from March 7
BANGKOK, 5 March 2014 (NNT) - The Traffic Police Division is set to reinforce road rules on March 7 after their previous clampdown on traffic violators was disrupted by a series of anti-government protests.

As of March 7th the Bangkok traffic police will be doing their job that the city pays them for. This is a warning to the public that you may actually see your BIB doing something that appears to be actual work.

• Like 1

sutheps thugs are armed and dangerous should they want to remove any of their trucks and cars

Out of 18 posts on this thread dealing with Bangkok police and planned enforcement of rules, you are the only numbass to bring up Suthep AND ta da ...... his thugees.clap2.gifwhistling.gif Well done.

Edited by ratcatcher
  • Like 1

If you get a ticket from a Red Light Camera don't pay it, law has not been passed through Parliament as yet. But some are paying without knowing.

Are there road rules in Thailand, I thought the cops made 'em up & changed them daily.

Edited by LindsayBKK

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Traffic Police & rules ?

They are the most corrupt team which I have seen but use to I work Africa also.

They have a new system now for recieve the BST tea money for mia noi.

Just take a look, sukhumvit 62., opposite side, there is a sport land. If some-one (of course almost every-one) has to pay to dirty pocket, has to go inside the sport land, behind the fence and hadge, and the "cassa" is there.

The police have to aviod the lot of camera (cars, phones from BTS station, bus station, bypassers).

Very very smart. clap2.gif They can respond to the new challenge. wub.png

But most drivers don't know what the rules are do they and many will not even stop at red light crossings, good luck to the cops.

Neither do the police.

How many have you seen:

Ride without helmets

Ride on footpaths

Ride on the wrong side of the road

Jump red lights

Talk on mobile while riding motorbike

also (not traffic related) throwing cigarette ends on the floor.?

Don't get me started! Daddy with baby on his lap while riding.The look of surprise and more than a little laughter that I observe when I position myself correctly with arm stretched out to take a right turn, not forgetting the 'life saver' before the turn on my....bicycle really gives me a sense of superiority over the buffoons I see on my daily travels.

And what about those who drive around in killing machines without a driving license???? Are they going to get a slap on the hand and a pety fine? Emm.... It seems to be perfectly ok for a 14 year old to drive a car with no problem what so ever. I wonder what kind of driving test he / she had? How do you say 'none in Thai again?

A good place to start will be with taxis, tuk tuks and motor cycles taxi that block

the mouth of almost every major soi in Bkk and park there with impunity as

they pay " rent" to local Pu yie... I want to see them dare enforce the rules on

those offenders...

But most drivers don't know what the rules are do they and many will not even stop at red light crossings, good luck to the cops.

Neither do the police.

How many have you seen:

Ride without helmets

Ride on footpaths

Ride on the wrong side of the road

Jump red lights

Talk on mobile while riding motorbike

also (not traffic related) throwing cigarette ends on the floor.?

Don't get me started! Daddy with baby on his lap while riding.The look of surprise and more than a little laughter that I observe when I position myself correctly with arm stretched out to take a right turn, not forgetting the 'life saver' before the turn on my....bicycle really gives me a sense of superiority over the buffoons I see on my daily travels.

Keep setting a good example

A good place to start will be with taxis, tuk tuks and motor cycles taxi that block

the mouth of almost every major soi in Bkk and park there with impunity as

they pay " rent" to local Pu yie... I want to see them dare enforce the rules on

those offenders...

Police wont bite the hand that feeds ,all those areas are rented and

every gang of mo cyc taxis has a headman who is basically the boss