What happen if I dont pay rent?

Easyliving

Hello,

what happen in Thailand if I dont pay rent?

What does the law say here?

What will be the problems I cause from the landlord?

My Real Estate Agency says "the contract will be automatically terminated".

Does it mean I will lose my deposit (2 month here in Bangkok)?

How do they throw someone out of the condominium?

Take care

Chris

You will lose the deposit.

Your stuff will be thrown on the street.

Best just break the contract , lose the deposit and leave in a civilised manner.

As a Real Estate Agent here I'm afraid I fully agree with this.

In the UK my Landlords would have to take you to Court and even the "accelerated " legal process could take 6 months to get you out, but over here what usually happens is that locks are changed and your belongings are put in bags (usually) and left outside the front door.

This advise is correct, just leave before it gets to this stage, Landlords do not play nice here. Your deposit is lost.

SDM

• Like 2

I've had several friends that were beaten, one by a gang of guys with clubs, oout of work for over a month.

In theory can put a stop order with immigration prevent your leaving the Kingdom.

Much easier to be honest with the landlord, most are decent people see what you can work out and you might be surprised as long as you're dealing in good faith yourself.

• Like 1

I've had several friends that were beaten, one by a gang of guys with clubs, oout of work for over a month.

In theory can put a stop order with immigration prevent your leaving the Kingdom.

Much easier to be honest with the landlord, most are decent people see what you can work out and you might be surprised as long as you're dealing in good faith yourself.

If my tenant doesn't pay,

One telephone call why no Money.

Second telephone call evicted.

Perfectly legal.

• Like 2

If you couldn't pay rent rent in one of my properties, I would let it go for 2 months,unless i could afford for you to live rent free,I would help you if I could without it being a burden, then I'd give you more time.

Not that I've got any properties, just saying.

Edited by Banzai99
  • Like 2

I would say there is more to this than you are stating, like the reason for not paying rent ?

As for the law, like most things in this country it entirely depends on who is enforcing it, who they know or are connected to and what money is involved.

Dont think for 1 second you have the support from the law or Police that you would have in the west, that would be a big mistake, even more so if you cannot speak fluent Thai.

Be careful, stay safe, good luck! Do the right thing !

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

some evil landlords out there who will extract the maximum revenge for non payment .

acid on your car for example

but you could expect a visit from the heavy's

There's also some evil farang tenants.

I tried the landlord thing here in Thailand and got burned many times by unscrupulous, tricky and lying tenants. Several times major damage to the building, the furniture / fittings, and the swimming pool.

Many times I tried to be considerate but just got taken advantage of.

Overall I made no profit, I gave up.

Edited by scorecard

If you do not pay the rent that quite rightly you will lose the deposit.

Unless you have a very, very understanding landlord you'll be required to leave when you miss a payment, and to sacrifice the deposit. If it comes to 'throwing you out' then most likely it is likely to go one of two ways, one involves thugs in uniform, and one involves thugs without uniform. Unless you are sure you can handle this, if I were you I wouldn't let things get to that stage.

Basically the deposit was security for the event that you could not fulfil your end of the contract, so yes if you don't keep to the terms you lose it, and you should move out of your own accord and accept that you signed a contract stipulating this.

Edited by rwdrwdrwd
  • Like 1

Depends on who you know.

I didn't pay the last two months of one contract as the landlord had told me he was going to use my deposit for repairs after floods. Two weeks into those two months, he threatened my wife with written notice of forced removal within three days if payment was not made.

I went around, had a quiet chat with him, explained I wasn't moving until I was ready to move. Law states landlord needs court permission to evict, takes over a year on average. I slipped in that I didn't feel that the local police would be on his side, and that if necessary I'd stay until he had the courts remove me, knowing a work colleague of mine is married to one of them. I said I was being fair as he had already told me my deposit was needed for repairs caused by flooding.

He didn't feel confident he could beat me, I stayed until the end of my contract. I was being fair, and knew I had someone to call if needed. Are you being fair? Do you have someone to call?

• Like 1

im about to move and my house is owned by a very stingy chinese thai "gentleman "

i have no illusions about him keeping my deposit as i kissed goodbye to that money when i gave it to him

all the laws are on his side , he can say anything is damaged and i did it (we did this deal off the books so its just between me and him )

if he wanted to ,he could probably shoot me ,tear up the contract and say i was a tresspasser on his land or even a burgler so i have given

up the idea of threats or anything because hes got the upper hand

not paying the rent in thailand is just hazardous to your health no matter what anyone says , i would just move out quietly and write it off as a lesson learned

Hello, what happen in Thailand if I dont pay rent?

You end up homeless is generally the natural conclusion.

How do they throw someone out of the condominium?

If you don't leave on your own free will, right out the window and off the balcony seems to be a preferred method here.

• Like 1

Will lose your deposit & if you really piss off the landlord, will be reported to the immigration police & deported.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Reported for what?? It is NOT an immigration breach not to pay rent and is not a criminal matter to report to police