honda forza 300i stolen

parked at phayoyothin rd,central bkk outside overnight

is there any point in reporting it to the cops ? or would it be chopped into spare parts already ?

already took a look at the local police station carpark and it isnt there but i didnt make a formal report yet

because the last time it happened they just laughed and said no gps ,cannot find .........lol

Believe you already know the answer.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

unfortunately so ...... looks like il just have to dig out the green book and report it anyway

in case its used in some crime in the future etc ......i dont want to get the blame

• Like 1

unfortunately so ...... looks like il just have to dig out the green book and report it anyway

in case its used in some crime in the future etc ......i dont want to get the blame

I would report it anyway, for the insurance but also maybe the police took it away for some reason.

One day my helmet was stolen of the bike, right in front of the guards at the mall. I went to the reception but had to tell them 5 times what a helmet was and they still didn't understand me, but yes they could speak english sir clap2.gif I got even more frustrated by that so i left it by that and bought a new one. When i came back at the bike many more motorbikedrivers were searching for their helmets, they were all stolen, 5 metres away from the security and right next to a handicapped man in a wheelchair selling lottery tickets.

I would report it anyway, for the insurance but also maybe the police took it away for some reason.

unfortunately it wasnt insured ...........:(

unfortunately it wasnt insured ...........sad.png

Well at least you have learnt one lesson then !

• Like 1

The thing is people only like to talk about how bad the police are. I guess its more interesting ten all the times they do their job. About two weeks ago me and the wife were on the nuovo going down soi siam cc and two thai on a motorbike tried to snatch her chain. Within seconds a cop on a motorbike with a gun was chasing these aholes down.

If they're caught in the act then the police will do something. The main problem with all of them is that they're so lazy when it comes to investigations. Like if your house was robbed, they'll say "we'll send forensics in the morning to dust for fingerprints". Once they leave you'll never hear from them again. If you phone or go to the station it will be to no avail with exception of getting a report. They love writing reports.

Very often when you report a crime in the UK the police won't come out to investigate, they'll just give you a crime report number and leave it at that. They did this when our house was burgled, citing that a heavy workload prevented them from responding to every call!

Of course you should have reported already i amazed anyone would even ask that question.

ive would have reported it immediately but been really busy lately lately away from bkk and i assume its pointless anyway

in terms of the police actually finding it and giving it back ........

more likely theyde sell it themselves to a chopshop for spare parts imo :D

it is thailand after all ......

Of course you should have reported already i amazed anyone would even ask that question.

ive would have reported it immediately but been really busy lately lately away from bkk and i assume its pointless anyway

in terms of the police actually finding it and giving it back ........

more likely theyde sell it themselves to a chopshop for spare parts imo biggrin.png

it is thailand after all ......

well, you never try you never know.

no try you lose automatically.

and it is crazy to do a favor to the thieves. Maybe there is a cctv camera around there and police can identify the thieves at least!

• Like 1

As someone has mentioned. You must report it and check if anything has to be done with the DLT too.

Otherwise your negligence can cause you trouble, eg the bike is used for crime and traced to you.

Short lesson, Thailand or anywhere else, uninsured vehicles of value cannot be parked outside. I know something about it.

Edited by paz
  • Like 2

I know nobody really cares about reporting stolen motorcycles, if it was not properly insured, but the thing is if your motorcycle is used tomorrow for a bank rubbery or something even worse you are in deep shit....

In Victoria, Australia if the theft is under $600 the police do not come out.

That is so funny - I wonder if the Victorian thieves try to limit their plunder to fly under the radar.

That limit will be $1000 before you know it.

Off-topic and I'm assuming that you're an Aussie, I've heard that Vic and Nsw have dropped their 'physical' registration stickers and now use number plate scanning for everything from checking rego expiry to nabbing people with outstanding warrants - cheeky bloody coppers, soon they'll be reduced to call centre operators.

I hate bike thieves.

Those that steal bikes need this doing to them.

post-8817-0-87567100-1394237154_thumb.pn

I have two bikes stolen over the years, a GSXR750J and a GSXR1100G - both in the UK.

Not had anything stolen since I left the UK about 20 years ago.

Sorry to hear of your loss - I do know how it feels.

• Like 1

i will probably report it soon ,off the to of my head i dont even rememeber the registration

so il need to find the green book and bring that as well

the whole thing stinks of police involvment ,ive sen them on that same road before lifting bikes into pickups

and when you go to the station to ask about "found " bikes theres never any unclaimed bikes bar a few old waves

that have been out in the rain for about 10 years and are completely fcuked

never any big bikes or even modern scooters from the last say 5 years end up amongst the unclaimed bikes so they

are obviously being sold off or whatever

thats half the reason i havent reported it proprerly yet

• Like 1

Well said!

It's best not to look at the Thai Police as an actual police force as we know it to be in the west.

Just regard them as an organized crime syndicate in uniform.

Suzuki GSX-R1000 L3 182 hp in-line 4 Superbike

correct.

deniability.

Ask fondles...

I hate bike thieves.

Those that steal bikes need this doing to them.

attachicon.gifuntitled.png

I have two bikes stolen over the years, a GSXR750J and a GSXR1100G - both in the UK.

Not had anything stolen since I left the UK about 20 years ago.

Sorry to hear of your loss - I do know how it feels.

Ninth Gate.

I know nobody really cares about reporting stolen motorcycles, if it was not properly insured, but the thing is if your motorcycle is used tomorrow for a bank rubbery or something even worse you are in deep shit....

What has being not insured for theft and reporting a stolen bike to police have to do with each other ?

You don't need to be insured to make a police report isn't it.

Even if there is a big chance that the police don't do their job, it only takes a limited time to report it

• 2 weeks later...

What has being not insured for theft and reporting a stolen bike to police have to do with each other ?

You don't need to be insured to make a police report isn't it.

Even if there is a big chance that the police don't do their job, it only takes a limited time to report it

recently moved house,everything still in boxes ,very busy with work travel (mainly abroad ) and cant remember the full registration number is why it hasnt been reported yet ........combined with lack of insurance so no financial incentive as well

i wouldnt be surprised if its at another police station now with a brown plate on it and its a "police bike now " with POLICE stickers on the sides :D

it is thailand after all........

In Victoria, Australia if the theft is under $600 the police do not come out.

That is so funny - I wonder if the Victorian thieves try to limit their plunder to fly under the radar.

That limit will be $1000 before you know it.

Off-topic and I'm assuming that you're an Aussie, I've heard that Vic and Nsw have dropped their 'physical' registration stickers and now use number plate scanning for everything from checking rego expiry to nabbing people with outstanding warrants - cheeky bloody coppers, soon they'll be reduced to call centre operators.

You may laugh, but in Spain thieves do value what they take becasue the crime is only classed as "theft" if the value of goods / cash taken is over 300 Euros, below that and it is not legally theft, so the penalty is much lower.

As someone has mentioned. You must report it and check if anything has to be done with the DLT too.

Otherwise your negligence can cause you trouble, eg the bike is used for crime and traced to you.

Short lesson, Thailand or anywhere else, uninsured vehicles of value cannot be parked outside. I know something about it.

OP sorry for your loss.

You must report the bike as stolen. Otherwise, as paz states, if the thief uses the bike to commit a crime, the registration could be traced back to you and you could be held accountable for a crime you did not do...

• Like 1

Sucks it was stolen, but really, you need to report it, you could be held accountable for anything they do. I report anything that could land me in shit, yes they dont want to help and want you out the door, but im always gonna cover my own ass