Surapong: 'Neutral PM' not acceptable to international community

webfact

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's time for Australia to send in the troops and colonise the place.

You'd have to send in Michael Clarke, none of Australia's other leaders are up to the task wink.png

Isn't QEII your real leader? laugh.png

Surapong and Chalerm rhetoric.. They know they are on a hot seat .

International community know the rice scheme scandal, US are doubt about the thai government and they use of third party to attack protester and children

The declaration of the secretary of states a clear "all side must stop violence...."

'Surapong': 'Neutral PM' not acceptable to international community

PNPOL570306001000402_06032014_095652.jpg

BANGKOK, 6 Mar 2014, (NNT) According to the Deputy Prime Minister and Foreign Minister Surapong Tovichakchaikul, the international community does not accept the idea of having a Neutral Prime Minister administering the nation, adding that the Election Commission (EC) will have to be responsible for the 3.8 billion baht it spent on the February 2nd poll if it is voided by the court.

The comment was in reply to the recent rumors that the EC would petition the Charter Court to rule on the legality of last months polls, which could result in the nullification of the results.

Mr. Surapong said he could ask the Office of Auditor General and the Comptrollers General Department assistance in looking into the EC's spending whether it was transparent. He also reintroduced his idea of having the senatorial election and MP poll re-runs held on the same day.

The Deputy Prime Minister also demanded that the EC announce poll results in constituencies where the election went smoothly, claiming that the election panel might have to face legal action for failing to do so.

Regarding to Suthep Thuagsuban's attempt to unseat the caretaker Government with the help of independent agencies, Mr. Surapong said the U.S. had already expressed its grave concerns over the opposition using non-democratic means to oust the current administration. In addition, the concept of having a Neutral Prime Minister is not acceptable by an international standard, Surapong added.

nntlogo.jpg

-- NNT 2014-03-06 footer_n.gif

Exactly which country is it that will not accept a temporary neutral pm to push reform prior to a proper election?

Using the international community as an excuse is just pathetic, especially since I am quite sure he cannot mention even a single country as an example.

Edited by monkeycountry
  • Like 2

I think it's time for Australia to send in the troops and colonise the place.

You'd have to send in Michael Clarke, none of Australia's other leaders are up to the task wink.png

Isn't QEII your real leader? laugh.png

You are my leader toad, no one else, just you and your twin brother Vladimir.

• Like 2

All these statements by Thaksin's cousin, Surapong - who is now a private citizen as per Article 127 - are false. All that he claims the international community says, all he says the US says - are false. All the threats made against the EC, even demanding that they no longer appeal to the Constitutional Court, and then threaten them with legal action of their own, and then tell them how to conduct their office, and then try to lump the independent agencies with the PDRC - in itself casting aspersions on the judicial system - it is all just horribly criminal. It's out of control. Surapong needs to get away from a camera. He needs to address what the international community really thinks - namely, how could an administration be directed from skype ? If Surapong wants to address searching questions, how about starting with that one ?

• Like 1

I almost burst into laughter every time I see a photo of this guy. He reminds me of one of the dwarfs in Ciinderella and the 7 Dwarfs.

May I translate what he said for everyone here? ... "The international community of Dubai and Lanna do not wish to see Yingluck being replaced by someone who is not a Shinawatra."

Wasn't it one of his persona's or one of his uncles persona's that asked for U.N assistance in solving the current problems?

Seems yet again being a member of the Shinwatra's makes one a fully paid up member of the deceitful comedic politicians society.

media-untrustworthiness-deceit-duplicito

Edited by siampolee
  • Like 1

Does anyone in Pheu Thai actually think before opening their mouths?

If the "International Community" is against a "neutral PM", then please tell me who they are . . . you pro-Govt supporters always clamor for "facts", so now I want some too, otherwise you are just making stuff up (again).

And before asking for transparency in the EC's spending, how about giving us all a little transparency and honesty in all YOUR spending first of all? Oh, wait, that's why you rushed elections in the first place, so you could hide all the wrongdoing and push the amnesty through quietly.

Surapong probably spoke with one person in Dubai. He doesn't realize that asking that one person in Dubai doesn't represent the entire world, or even a statistically valid sample of it.

One would think that the international community are concerned with REAL problems.

Too concerned with problems like the Sunnis and Shias at it again in the middle east and Russia's aggressive stance in the Ukraine to be bothered with childish, Thai politicians squabbling over who gets the biggest slice of pie.wink.png

If the February 2nd poll is voided by the court, could the EC be charged with derelection of duty costing the Thai taxpayers 3.8 billion baht because the PDRC warned the election would be ruled voided? This use of after-the-fact "evidence" follows the same logic used for derelection of duty against Yingluck on the rice program. Then upon conviction the Senate can remove EC members who would then be banned from any government position for five years.

The comment was in reply to the recent rumors that the EC would petition the Charter Court to rule on the legality of last month’s polls, which could result in the nullification of the results.

This would be the C Court's decision, not the EC's... so they are going after the wrong man as usual.

Mr. Surapong said he could ask the Office of Auditor General and the Comptroller’s General Department assistance in looking into the EC's spending whether it was transparent. He also reintroduced his idea of having the senatorial election and MP poll re-runs held on the same day.

So make an official allegation of corruption then, and you will go to jail for defamation... With all this anti-corruption crap going on at the moment, you seriously believe that the EC are going to steal anything when they know that people like you are around waiting to pounce? I doubt that.... How about the AG order an inspection of your ministry's finances and see what they come up with.

The Deputy Prime Minister also demanded that the EC announce poll results in constituencies where the election went smoothly, claiming that the election panel might have to face legal action for failing to do so.

The EC has the right to not announce the results till completion of the election, only a few days ago you were openly threatening to sue the EC for 'leaking results'. At the same time you ignored the fact that Chalerm actually officially announced 'victory to the PTP'..... If that is not leaking a result, then I don't know what is.

Regarding to Suthep Thuagsuban's attempt to unseat the caretaker Government with the help of independent agencies, Mr. Surapong said the U.S. had already expressed its grave concerns over the opposition using non-democratic means to oust the current administration. In addition, the concept of having a Neutral Prime Minister is not acceptable by an international standard, Surapong added.

Those independent agencies will only unseat this government if they find glaringly incontrovertible evidence of wrongdoing, I don't think it is going to be difficult to come up with a glut of evidence to support them. Once the ruling is made on the back of such evidence, I think the international community including the US are going to fully support their removal.

• Like 2

I almost burst into laughter every time I see a photo of this guy. He reminds me of one of the dwarfs in Ciinderella and the 7 Dwarfs.

May I translate what he said for everyone here? ... "The international community of Dubai and Lanna do not wish to see Yingluck being replaced by someone who is not a Shinawatra."

That would be Snow (skin)White(ner) and the 7 dwarves

All these statements by Thaksin's cousin, Surapong - who is now a private citizen as per Article 127 - are false. All that he claims the international community says, all he says the US says - are false. All the threats made against the EC, even demanding that they no longer appeal to the Constitutional Court, and then threaten them with legal action of their own, and then tell them how to conduct their office, and then try to lump the independent agencies with the PDRC - in itself casting aspersions on the judicial system - it is all just horribly criminal. It's out of control. Surapong needs to get away from a camera. He needs to address what the international community really thinks - namely, how could an administration be directed from skype ? If Surapong wants to address searching questions, how about starting with that one ?

"private citizen"?

Surapong??

Who is the foreign minister of the Kingdom of Thailand at the moment?

Who is the prime minister?

When does a government cease to exist as a government?

Can you document when it was foreign leaders of governments or heads of state ceased recognizing Surapong as caretaker foreign minister, or YS as caretaker prime minister?

When was Surapong officially or formally discharged from his appointment as caretaker foreign minister?

Enquiring minds want to know.

• Like 1

It good to have a farang on the inside of the government to dispute.

• Like 1

And Surapong has, no doubt, ascertained the unacceptability of a neutral PM - as opposed to a biased one - to be the concerted opinion of the relevant members of the international community - whose views, safe to say, are generally sought when the Thai government's needs must.

And is Surapong, I wonder, even remotely aware of the US's view of the democratic process as far as Ukraine is concerned? Always assuming he knows what, and where, Ukraine is.

Neutral Prime Minister?....There is no such thing...An impossibility.

The unelectable Elitists dreaming in technicolor.

Can't blame the coup-mongers for trying though...To anti-democrats, the concept of a 'neutral prime Minister" is probably a valid notion.

But last time I checked, Thailand is an Electoral and Parliamentary Democracy, and there is no Prime Ministerial option outside of that.

Sort of a dumb thing to even contemplate IMHO.

• Like 1

"the U.S. had already expressed its grave concerns over the opposition using non-democratic means to oust the current administration."

...... unlike countries such as those affected by the "arab spring" .... because they were, you knw - like um, er ...... loook, that was a totally different case, nothing like Thailand at all.

NOW do you understand?

The comment was in reply to the recent rumors that the EC would petition the Charter Court to rule on the legality of last month’s polls, which could result in the nullification of the results.

This would be the C Court's decision, not the EC's... so they are going after the wrong man as usual.

Mr. Surapong said he could ask the Office of Auditor General and the Comptroller’s General Department assistance in looking into the EC's spending whether it was transparent. He also reintroduced his idea of having the senatorial election and MP poll re-runs held on the same day.

So make an official allegation of corruption then, and you will go to jail for defamation... With all this anti-corruption crap going on at the moment, you seriously believe that the EC are going to steal anything when they know that people like you are around waiting to pounce? I doubt that.... How about the AG order an inspection of your ministry's finances and see what they come up with.

The EC has the right to not announce the results till completion of the election, only a few days ago you were openly threatening to sue the EC for 'leaking results'. At the same time you ignored the fact that Chalerm actually officially announced 'victory to the PTP'..... If that is not leaking a result, then I don't know what is.

Those independent agencies will only unseat this government if they find glaringly incontrovertible evidence of wrongdoing, I don't think it is going to be difficult to come up with a glut of evidence to support them. Once the ruling is made on the back of such evidence, I think the international community including the US are going to fully support their removal.

It is odd that (if he was quoted correctly), a diplomat would say that a country like the US would have a problem with another country's checks and balances working. He probably was mis-quoted.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Since when does the "international community" get a say in who is the Thai PM?

duh, facepalm.gifthey support the electoral process which.... should have the say in who is Thai PM, no ?

There's a difference between supporting an electoral process, and supporting a political party. As many people have pointed out, democracy doesn't end at the ballot box.

• Like 1

Since when does the "international community" get a say in who is the Thai PM?

duh, facepalm.gif.pagespeed.ce.EuN79TyYk_.gifthey support the electoral process which.... should have the say in who is Thai PM, no ?

There's a difference between supporting an electoral process, and supporting a political party. As many people have pointed out, democracy doesn't end at the ballot box.

i'll take the Americans views over a self proclaimed anti-democract elitist thug any day thank you

I'm a member of the international community and I support the idea of a neutral PM.

I'd tell you who I'd like to see running the country too but this is Thailand and we are not allowed to speak freely in public here so... don't you just love Thai temples and don't you wish there were more of them?

• Like 1

i'll take the Americans views over a self proclaimed anti-democract elitist thug any day thank you

Yes, an American view: Lets go and invade a small middle eastern oil producing country and get rid of the dictator that we put into power a few years ago.

• Like 2