Supreme Administrative Court rules in favour of Thawil

webfact

rubl, on 07 Mar 2014 - 20:11, said:
ManofReason, on 07 Mar 2014 - 18:51, said:

This place is insane. Surely the government can hire and fire these appointed positions as they see fit. Abhisit copped one of these ridiculous verdicts himself in the last few days. He was ordered to re-instate a police officer he fired years ago. How the hell can he do what is asked of him by the idiotic court - remember Abhisit is currently unemployed himself. Loopy indeed.

now, now, take a deep breath and relax, my dear unreason.

For one the government cannot just fire or appoint these high level bureaucrats like the National Security Chief. The people are selected, have the qualifications and good reasons have to be forthcoming for their possible move upwards to an inactive position or even dismissal.

At least in this case and as lots of posters here seem to 'know' we still have a PM, so the SAC can order the PM to re-instate the NSC. The order to Abhisit to reappoint the National Police Chief is still a puzzling one though.

"The order to Abhisit to reappoint the National Police Chief is still a puzzling one though."

Do you not remember my explanation of why abhisit was ordered to reappoint the National Police Chief in 2008, not as you insist on reading, as a contemporary order?

You must have a brain like a sieve, or do not like being told that you had read a badly written article wrongly. I suspect the latter, as you know you are right and keep on asking the same fascile question.

btw It's common knowledge that lots of posters here know we still have a caretaker PM. It's only those who believe in the false hope of article 7 as promoted tiresomely by scamper and, well, no one else really, apart from an old junta constitution drafting assembly member, that believe that there now exists a political vacuum.

Which is a ridiculous notion. For those of you still pinning your hope on article 7, dig back to April 2006 and see how well received it was then.

My dear fabs, read your previous posts and show me where you mentioned the "ordered to reappoint the National Police Chief in 2008.

Next explain to me how a re-appointment in 2008 is possible for someone who was dismissed in 2009?

"In October 2009, Abhisit, who was then prime minister, ordered the dismissal of Patcharawat, who was national police chief in October 2008 when police cracked down on protesters gathering near the Parliament."

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/707780-court-faults-abhisit-over-sacking-of-police-chief

Finally please refrain from insulting either our man of reason or myself. Totally uncalled for.

Edited by rubl
  • Like 1

oh yea? name another country where the national security chief speaks from demo stages? he is a PDRC member and chief of national security? some of you posters make me laugh cheesy.gif

May I ask what is wrong if he is a PDRC member? People can be members of opposition political parties and still perform their job.

Has he broken the law by speaking out, even against the current Government (in caretaker mode)?

This is how the rest of the world operates. It's called free speak and democracy...

The case of Abhisit took years to litigate but he was ordered to reinstate the person he wrongly demoted. What is so different here with Yingluck case!

Cheers

No difference ... what was your point in your post? trolling??

It's hardly surprising when a person in charge of a security agency is moved (basically to an inactive post) in order to allow Paradorn - another Shin clan member - to (indirectly) be appointed, is going to end up as an anti-Shin dynasty opponent.

What it does prove yet again that the country's agency heads should not be appointed at the whim of a government. Far too many incompetent lackeys have headed up the police, NSC, DSI and even the army. If PTP get their way they'll have the judges in their pockets too.

• Like 1

oh yea? name another country where the national security chief speaks from demo stages? he is a PDRC member and chief of national security? some of you posters make me laugh cheesy.gif

One of my colleagues in Australia would regularly demonstrate against government policy, he was head of security for a federal government department. Nobody hassled him for expressing his opinion, ethics being seen as an integral part of the job. Just to be clear, while he was quite conspicuous he wasn't waving his job around, he was exercising his rights as a private citizen. The head of the same department also sued the government for wrongful (politically motivated) dismissal and won.

One of my colleagues in Australia would regularly demonstrate against government policy, he was head of security for a federal government department. Nobody hassled him for expressing his opinion, ethics being seen as an integral part of the job. Just to be clear, while he was quite conspicuous he wasn't waving his job around, he was exercising his rights as a private citizen. The head of the same department also sued the government for wrongful (politically motivated) dismissal and won.

Gotta love those Aussie politicians. They're certainly not backward about coming forward and I do miss Julia in action in parliament. Reminded me so much of Yingluck .... rolleyes.gif

Good try, but another own goal for you.

While speaking on the rally stages, he was NOT head of NSC, can't you read????? The OP clearly states he was removed in Sept 2011.

He was move to 'adviser of PMs office' which as we all know, it means he was fired, his advice would not be sought by the PM on anything, it is merely a salaried position with nothing at all to do. It is a 'holding tank'. The same position AV used to get rid of his foe.

The NSC is actually an independant agency, and the government doesn't really have a lot of power to reshuffle these agencies in the same way they can reshuffle government positions.

Just another case of Thaksin, YL and the PTP thinking that they can do whatever they want.

I am looking forward to the new NACC case against YL.

But..but..but PTP won the election, they can do what they want!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app