Missing Malaysia Airlines jet carrying 239 triggers Southeast Asia search

webfact

Strange goings on for sure, but at least it can be guaranteed that when it's finally found, all you aviation experts can go back to your day jobs asThai political experts and Yingluck bashing

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Let's hope so.

She is having a soft time at the moment.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I agree. You also have some type of Aborignal population that lives outside the normal life, if it crash in the jungle , no one would maybee report it or seen it.. same would apply if the plan in someway have past Malacca straight to the side of Andaman islands. The nicobar islands you have thusands of small islands where..aborginal population lives , They still attack any forigner comes near there islands. I saw it on youtube..Very intresting...

Only armies in these areas with some tech is Americans and Indian army...

@sirchai, I dont think Cambodia is so far out of the question, particularly with the search focussed in Vietnamese waters.

The Cardamom Mountains is a mountain range in the south west of Cambodia, jutting into southeastern Thailand. The highest elevation of the Cardamom Mountains is Phnom Aural at 1,813 metres (5,948 ft) high. This is also Cambodia's highest peak. This range of mountains formed one of the last strongholds of the Khmer Rouge, and many parts are largely inaccessible. The inaccessibility of the hills, however, helped to preserve the area.

Compared to Vietnam, Cambodia isnt a densely populated country - at least not in the rural areas - and its not a country blessed with technology. At that hour of the morning, how many Khmer farmers would have been looking up at the sky to see a plane flying overhead ?

Given maps of the current search area, authorities believe the plane went down somewhere close to where communications were lost. Having found nothing they are searching more westwards. it seems the plane has flown much further after communications were lost. Very strange. An no radars picked this up either?

I though I read a report yesterday that some debris was seen much further north (northern coast of Vietnam), but have seen no follow-up today. There's got to be lots of garbage off of these coastlines so i guess it could be anything. If there were any survivors after whatever happened, it's looking very grim now.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/world/a/21912992/search-targets-iranian-man-mr-ali/

Maybe most of you already saw that,but.......how its easy to get a passport

it is NOT easy to get a fake/stolen passport,

u need to know the right people an 99.99% of people don't.

This range of mountains formed one of the last strongholds of the Khmer Rouge, and many parts are largely inaccessible.

not true at all.

the KR were much further up north Palin, Battambang, Poi pet area and the last strongholds were up near the thai border in Preah Vihear provenience,

I live near the airport in Sri lanka, i heard fighter jets liften now and went to the east . Its first time i hear them start from here since the war ended.. Can it be so they now the investigators have told the countries around malaccan straits to to check the Indian ocean terretories?

There are no "blackboxes" on an airplane. They are fluorescent orange. It is a flight data recorder and it has a locator beacon that might function. I say might because testing and experience shows they do not activate 10% of the time. The searchers were unable to locate the beacon for the AF crash of Brazil, so there is nothing unusual about the inability to locate a beacon now, especially since the search is not for the beacon, but the debris. Once the debris is located, then a calculation will be made of the drift and then an effort will be made to find the beacon signal.

The people making claims on this thread about mysterious weapons or kidnappings etc, made similar claims when AF went down. It took several years to locate the airframe and bodies inside. and to establish that it was a simple blockage of the pitot tube that caused the erroneous airspeed data which was followed up with pilot error during the critical response period. It is amazing that so many people have the need to concoct conspiracy theories to explain what they cannot comprehend.

Yes the Iranians were using false travel documents. Well guess what? Every year, Iranians show up in the EU and Canada on bogus passports and claim refugee status. They also use the passports to facilitate illegal drug trafficking. One would think that the Iranians transiting in the EU would have been stopped before they made it Canada, but in the last year, 19 of them did just that.

In respect to the 20 sales and technical staff Freescale Semiconductor Ltd who were on the airplane, they werereportedly from the automobile chip control division. The claim that they were secret electronic warfare experts is not supported by the information from the company, nor what the company does. Freescale operates a quality assurance facility in Asia that packages and tests chips produced in the region. It is quite unlikely that a U.S. based company would manufacture top secret electronic warfare products in Asia using Chinese and Malaysian workers. I mean, seriously, how silly can people be?

@sirchai, I dont think Cambodia is so far out of the question, particularly with the search focussed in Vietnamese waters.

The Cardamom Mountains is a mountain range in the south west of Cambodia, jutting into southeastern Thailand. The highest elevation of the Cardamom Mountains is Phnom Aural at 1,813 metres (5,948 ft) high. This is also Cambodia's highest peak. This range of mountains formed one of the last strongholds of the Khmer Rouge, and many parts are largely inaccessible. The inaccessibility of the hills, however, helped to preserve the area.

Compared to Vietnam, Cambodia isnt a densely populated country - at least not in the rural areas - and its not a country blessed with technology. At that hour of the morning, how many Khmer farmers would have been looking up at the sky to see a plane flying overhead ?

If they did see anything, what would be the chances they would say anything. A plume of smoke gets no attention in the part of Thailand I live in, nothing to do with me, and all that.

Still, no transponders that is tricky bit.

I think any place the aircraft could go with the amount of fuel on board - whether damaged or not - whether the pilots were fully conscious or not, would seem to be needed to be kept in the realm of possibilities. I say this despite the assurances that radar would always pick them up. Obviously radar lost track ... so I agree the dark recesses of a place like Cambodia should be checked out perhaps by the Chinese and American satellites. One only has to remember the aircraft that crashed into South American mountains - then not found for a very long time ... the survivors turned to cannibalism to survive.

I live near the airport in Sri lanka, i heard fighter jets liften now and went to the east . Its first time i hear them start from here since the war ended.. Can it be so they now the investigators have told the countries around malaccan straits to to check the Indian ocean terretories?

LOL. Fighter jets are not what is used. One needs a slower moving airplane that allows observers to observe. Have you considered that it just might be normal activity at an airport?

Perhaps it may have already been stated as I haven't been able to keep up with all the messages in the thread, but I've been wondering if this could be similar to a situation that happened with a former pro golfer Payne Stewart in 1999. His Learjet experienced a decompression killing all on board, although the plane continued to fly thousands of KM off course on autopilot. It was followed by Air Force jets until it went down in a safe area.

If a similar situation happened with MH370, I could imagine the plane veering off course somewhere over the gulf of Thailand, which seems to be the last known location. If the route took it over land, I expect that shortly after entering a country's airspace, they would be asked to identify themselves, and a no-reply would immediately raise red flags a hijacking or other serious problem. If it headed west, it would pass quickly over southern Thailand - possibly unchecked - continue cruising and then go down somewhere in the Andaman or Indian Ocean. If it headed eastbound it could have gone down somewhere in the South China Sea.

In any case, it will be found -- considering the vast area of sea that needs to be search, it may not be quick.

All seems to point to a very cleverly planned hijack with at least one government responsible or in the know

Right. What could possibly be gained by a government hijacking a Malaysian civilian airliner? Malaysia is a muslim nation, so not likely to be Islamic affiliated hijackers. The Chinese don't do things like this. They never have. Malaysia is looked on favourably in the middle east and region, so it is doubtful any of those nations would have done this. Even the North Koreans would not target a Malaysian airplane. Nothing whatsoever points to a hijacking. Nothing,

Some real BS printed...

The plane has 4 transponders (transmitter Responded)???

AFAIK it has one that sends out an Indent that includes the set Squawk code when the plane is hit by a radar beam, this only works while the plane is in the air.

The other device that may be refereed to at a transponder but is not is the ADS-B beacon that transmits the planes location at least once a second.

The plane has Probably 9 ELT's (Electronic Location Transmitters), 8 are located with the Slide Rafts fitted into each door and the two over wing escapes, and another in the cabin, these have a 48 hour battery life and are activated on contact with water or manually.

Mobile phones still ringing out, if they were the could trace them to the nearest cell.

My guess is the plane has crash in some jungle somewhere, probably rapid decompression that also damaged a lot of the electrics, pilot set auto pilot to rapid descend, 10,000ft, turned for home and blacked out...

The passengers and stewardess who missed their flight, it happens all the time, their lucky day...

The two with stolen passports, just unlucky ii's, their bad day...

The Swedish biggest newspaper just now breaks a story that a realitve to an iranian man , who he said was going to fly to Malmo Sweden to get assylum was flying under the stolen italian passport . So it was most probl two passangers to be smuggled in to europe.

And reason why they go trough malaysia would be that Iranians dont need visum to malaysia cos they are islamic i guess.

So if this story is true, then we can sertanly scrap the terrorist theory, Cos the Americans have clearly said that there spy sattelites images does not show any sign of a explosion in the air.

http://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/article18515576.ab

Edited by Don Johan Negombo

Many news comming out of realtives can connect to the passangers phones. That most indicate that the plane mostly likely has crashed on land

Really? That's hard to believe. If they can connect to the phones, they can track the location of the phones, correct? So why do they still have no idea where the wreckage is?

Can someone pls link me to a rock-solid source for the argument that the plane DID turn back toward the Malaysian coast ? My understanding of the 'may have turned back' theory is that it's in the same category as 'may have disintegrated in mid-air' : complete speculation. One of the aviation gurus interviewed on Oz TV on Sunday morning claimed that the Americans reviewed their own radar records and do not believe the plane turned back - I'd like to see a definitive source that can prove it did.

To date, the speculation that holds the most water for me is the hypoxia theory - it would explain why no-one was able to make any contact with the outside world.

The hypoxia theory is supported by the following: early on in one of these threads it was reported ... One earlier report related that the last radio contact from Vietnam air traffic controllers relayed by a pilot of an airliner in the area saying that there was a response but there was a lot of static and mumbling. The relaying pilot said he felt he was talking to the Co-Pilot but could not be positive. The relaying pilot also said that the transmission was suddenly cut of along with other signaling. Anyway - this mumbling could indicate a loss of consciousness or a state of semi-consciousness - which in turn could have lead to a drastic course direction change ... why no radar on this ... who knows?

Some years back a pilot of an American A-10 combat aircraft lost consciousness (probably due to hypoxia) and flew a long way across the U.S. before crashing. And the same thing happened to an American corporate jet in the past 20 years or less.

Many news comming out of realtives can connect to the passangers phones. That most indicate that the plane mostly likely has crashed on land

Bizarre: missing Malaysia Airlines passengers' phones ring, but no one answers

Beijing - The mystery surrounding the disappearance of Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 has thickened somewhat as family members of passengers have reported mobile phones ringing, but nobody answering.

International Business Times reports that 19 families have signed a joint statement saying that passengers' cell phones connected after the flight had been reported missing. In each case, the phone would ring, but the call would be hung up.

The sister of one of the Chinese passengers among the 239 people on board the missing flight rang his phone live on TV twice at 11:40 on Sunday morning and heard it ringing. She called again later that afternoon and heard it ring once more.

The Mirror reports that she expressed her hope that if the call went through, police could locate the position.

A man from Beijing also called his missing brother, and reported to the airline that the phone connected three times and rang before appearing to hang up.

More here - News24

All seems to point to a very cleverly planned hijack with at least one government responsible or in the know

Right. What could possibly be gained by a government hijacking a Malaysian civilian airliner? Malaysia is a muslim nation, so not likely to be Islamic affiliated hijackers. The Chinese don't do things like this. They never have. Malaysia is looked on favourably in the middle east and region, so it is doubtful any of those nations would have done this. Even the North Koreans would not target a Malaysian airplane. Nothing whatsoever points to a hijacking. Nothing,

I have to disagree that there is nothing pointing to a hijacking. China has plenty of enemies within its own nation some of which, only 7 days before this event, have staged a rather spectacular and gruesome attack in Kunming. This plane may have flown from Malaysia but it certainly was/is full of Chinese nationals heading to Beijing. With security raised following the railway station attack they may have specifically chosen KL due to, now quite obviously, slack security over a hijacking out of Beijing.

Except that certain persons would have believed it was a Chinese aircraft with a China Southern flight number.

I haven't ruled out hijacking - with or without crew collusion.

Edited by laobali

Except that certain persons would have believed it was a Chinese aircraft with a China Southern flight number.

GK in the absence of wreckage or debris EVERYTHING points to a hijacking IMO

I haven't ruled out hijacking - with or without crew collusion.

GK in the absence of wreckage or debris EVERYTHING points to a hijacking IMO

And if/when wreckage or debris is found, a hijack gone wrong.

Edited by laobali

Debris field spotted off Vietnam cost.

http://avherald.com/img/malaysia_b772_9m-mro_gulf_of_thailand_140308_map.jpg

http://www.avherald.com/h?article=4710c69b&opt=0

This is on the correct flight path, all the flight paths you see on pics show a straight line of flight from KL to PEK, if you look at radar24.com they actual fly around Vietnams coast.

If it had flown this far why are there no records of it from ground radar?

If the transponder had failed there would still be records from ground radar of unidentified aircraft.

Theres still a lack of info on last radar contacts, was it transponder records or ground based? The aircraft was about to hand over control to Vietnam, thus leaving Supang ground radar range when contact was lost.

Also, are there radar black spots that without a transponder the aircraft would infact be invisible?

If it had flown out of Supang radar range when it turned back and then the transponder failed it would explain the sudden dissapearce from radar.

I still believe my earlier theory is feasible:

Majar electronic failure causing engine and comms failure.

Pilots turn aircraft to return.

Transponder failure.

Last muffled contact on emergengy VHF to another aircraft.

Pilot ditches in sea with aircraft intact,

Unable to open the doors.

Aircraft sinks.

The Malaysian haven't got a clue what they are doing. The US or Australians should take over control of the search and start a sub-surface search with P3's and MH-60 hydrophones to listen for the blackbox pingers.

Edited by mcfester

Bizarre: missing Malaysia Airlines passengers' phones ring, but no one answers

Beijing - The mystery surrounding the disappearance of Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 has thickened somewhat as family members of passengers have reported mobile phones ringing, but nobody answering.

International Business Times reports that 19 families have signed a joint statement saying that passengers' cell phones connected after the flight had been reported missing. In each case, the phone would ring, but the call would be hung up.

The sister of one of the Chinese passengers among the 239 people on board the missing flight rang his phone live on TV twice at 11:40 on Sunday morning and heard it ringing. She called again later that afternoon and heard it ring once more.

The Mirror reports that she expressed her hope that if the call went through, police could locate the position.

A man from Beijing also called his missing brother, and reported to the airline that the phone connected three times and rang before appearing to hang up.

More here - News24

Phones ring to the exchange...not the phone. If hte phone has not specifically deregistered from a tower and been passed to another it probably considers it is still online.

Edited by harrry

Conspiracy theories, whether terrestrial or extraterrestrial, proliferate in the absence of transparent information.

We now have Digital Globe, US satellites, Chinese Satellites, P3s, US 7th fleet and the largest Chinese rescue flotilla in history at work, plus a lot of others. The Malaysian authorities have been far from transparent and the Chinesehave got angry. Not encouraging. A clear account of the assumptions that are being made by the Malaysians, or anyone else, the reasons for their actions, some truth about what they know and don't know, regardless of 'loss of face' or whatever and some authoritative accounts of what is possibly the case from the Aviation industry would be a start