Cooling mouth from chile shock!

Jingthing

Actually, I don't have this problem as I seem to be able to handle and enjoy any level of chile heat but this info seems useful.

Largely not surprising but a few of the ideas were surprising to me:

http://www.bonappetit.com/columns/guinea-pig/slideshow/cool-mouth-spicy-peppers/?slide=1?mbid=synd_digg

This Guy Tested 7 Ways of Cooling Down Chile Heat—and Lived to Tell the Tale

Is that the American spelling for chilli??

I thought you were talking about a South American country at first

Chile chili chilli are all correct.

Sent from my Lenovo S820_ROW using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Chile is not correct for the vegetable - only the Country!

Well, seeing that Chillies are seriously alkaline then any acid will calm them down! Vitamin C in any form will surffice, bite into an apple, have some orange juice, suck on a piece of pineapple, salty water rinse is good as well!

You could always lick your car battery terminals? thumbsup.giffacepalm.giftongue.png

• Like 1

Ive found Cucumber cools the fire in the mouth and tongue, but still does not help the burning in the stomach.I try so hard not to eat them ,but sometimes they just blend in and you dont see them.

The restaurant in Watanna mansion (soi 17 Ratchadapiesek) serves a green curry that is quite spicy hot. I like to order a pineapple plate to go with it. When things get to hot, I pop in a slice of pineapple and voila! I'm ready to go for more curry.

Edited by pineconehead
  • Like 1

Cheese, grated coconut, castor oil, milk etc. Hmmm... When you're under attack while eating som tam at the side of the road in Thailand you'll need a remedy that is close at hand. When the iced beans and cabbage are not working then ice itself is the only realistic way to deal with the problem.

Milk, yoghurt or castor oil. You choose.

Sorry, forgot to add, Castor oil works best.

As a kid I remember Castor Oil was given as a punishment by adults. Not only did it taste awful but it cleaned out the bowels and if chili had been consumed before the dose it acted like putting turps on a dog's bum. (kids are cruel) Burning burning burning, and a dash to the loo!

• Like 1

Greenhill, on 09 Mar 2014 - 23:25, said:
Jingthing, on 09 Mar 2014 - 21:55, said:
Burl Ives, on 09 Mar 2014 - 21:18, said:

Wrong, in fact the word comes from Spanish where it is spelt Chile, as search on google always helps... chile, chili and chilli are all correct.

• Like 1

You're wrong. Chile is one of multiple correct spellings. Can you handle it?

http://www.chilepepperinstitute.org/header_logo.jpg

Q. How come I see ‘chile’ spelled so many different ways?

A. The spelling of the word ‘chile’ has a long and varied history. Chile comes from the term chilli that comes from the Aztec, Nahuatl language. According to Jean Andrews the Spanish spelling was later changed to chile by Spanish-speaking Mexicans and chili in the United States. Here at the CPI we state that the term chile refers to the plant or fruit from the plant while the term chili refers to a culinary dish consisting of a meat, beans, tomatoes and chile powder.

clap2.gif Tip o' the hat for that one JT.

hot water... seriously, my brother told me and thought it was one of his pranks...but i tried it and it does work and have result to this ever since. i do eat extreme hot food, the pepper portion is nearly the same as the meat i use. by the time i'm done i can twist my headband out.. what u want to do is use as hot of water/coffee u can, hold it in your mouth , it will zing like hell at first but keep holding it till the burning goes (5 sec) then repeat till ya good to go... usually 2 rounds

Edited by Siamjim

The restaurant in Watanna mansion (soi 17 Ratchadapiesek) serves a green curry that is quite spicy hot. I like to order a pineapple plate to go with it. When things get to hot, I pop in a slice of pineapple and voila! I'm ready to go for more curry.

Pineconehead, I think the OP was looking for something he could eat to cure the chilli hit.