Thai court drops case of alleged police station sexual abuse

webfact

Court Drops Case Of Alleged Police Station Sexual Abuse
By Khaosod English

BANGKOK: -- The Supreme Court has dropped the case of a policeman who allegedly sexually harassed an underage rape victim, stating that the defendant and the victims have come to mutual agreement.

The lawsuit was brought by the parents of the victim against Pol.Maj. Sawai Lorblad, who was a police officer at Makkasan Police Station at the time of the alleged incident.

According to the complaint filed by the plaintiff, the victim went to the police station on 23 February 2005 to give her testimony over a separate incident, in which she was allegedly sexually assaulted by a neighbour.

During the interrogation, the plaintiff claimed, Pol.Maj. Sawai took the victim to a toilet at the police station with the pretext of looking for evidences of the rape on her body, and proceeded to molest her.

The officer had been charged with sexual abuse of a minor and abduction of a person younger than 18 but older than 15 with intent of sexual abuse.

Pol.Maj. Sawai contested the charges, and he was acquitted by both lower courts, which cited the victim's confusing and contradictory testimonies to the court.

Today the Supreme Court also announced its decision to drop the case, stating that the victim and the defendant have "come to mutual agreement" and decided not to pursue any further legal action against each other.

The plaintiff reportedly agreed with the court's decision, according to court documents.

Pol.Maj. Sawai is currently serving at Nang Loeng Police Station, and he has been recently promoted to the rank of Pol.LtCol. He was briefly suspended of his duties by a police committee, but the internal investigation later cleared the officer of his alleged charges, and reinstated him back to his post.

Source: http://en.khaosod.co.th/detail.php?newsid=1394544021&typecate=06&section=

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2014-03-12

• Like 2

It's easy to make a mutual agreement when money is involved.

money or threats or a combination of both .......it would be easy for a smart cop and lawyer to

pipck holes in the victims testimony as well .....sounds like they had her tripping over her own words

but then ,thats theyrye job ,isnt it ?

victim had no chance in this one

• Like 2

money or threats or a combination of both .......it would be easy for a smart cop and lawyer to

pipck holes in the victims testimony as well .....sounds like they had her tripping over her own words

I think it was the picking of holes that started all of this.

UMmmm, Since when is it correct for a police officer to tack an under aged possible rape victim to the toilet to inspect her for evidence of the said rape? would that not be the job of a trained medical professional? also were the cctv camera conveniently not working at the time?

9 years to get a ok well just come to an agreement, and he get's promoted, WYF??? and people here still say the courts are non bias and balancedcheesy.gif

Aside from the personal trauma of the poor girl in question, which I hope she has a loving family and friends network around her to help her deal with, this case will have further negative knock-on effects relating to other women who should feel safe in reporting sexual crimes to the police. It is very difficult to talk to a complete stranger about this type of crime, many victims feel ashamed, afraid and reluctant to report these incidents - and that can only become far worse if they feel the person they are reporting it to will not treat them with the utmost kindness and sympathy.

If it was my child, I would be investing in lead.

Me too.

I am a peaceful living person, and would never harm anyone, however, had this this policeman done that to MY daughter, he would not have lived another year. I would have personally seen to that.

Added to the fact that the article carries some confusing statements (rape victim which she was not, underage, minor but older than 15), I take in consideration that there is a possibility that the policeman did not take her to the toilet to "check her body for rape signs", she was not raped so obviously no signs of rape on her body. On top everybody knows that only a doctor can and has the right to investigate a victim of sexual abuse. I cannot imagine that a 16 year old girl goes to the toilet with a policeman to let her body investigated..... just too much to imagine.

She went to the police station alone? After being sexually assaulted by the neighbour she might have been heavily upset and would have taken one or both parents with her....

Someone mentioned CCTV in the police station. Obviously no evidence of alleged "abduction into the toilet". Also no other policemen present?

Then he was charged and the case was brought into TWO courts, and both courts acquitted him (he was acquitted by both lower courts, which cited the victim's confusing and contradictory testimonies to the court.)

What can a court do, if the testimonies are confusing and even contradictory? Why was it like that? Would be easy to testify that she was taken into the toilet, had her undressed and the guy sexually assaulted her. No confusion or contradictions needed and likely.

Let's not forget that there are plenty of false accusations of rape and sexual assault. I personnally know of a case (friend of mine back in Europe) of such false accusations. My friend was working as a waiter in a huge disco. One morning after a long night work the police knocked on his door and interrogated him about sexual assault of two girls (they stated he had grabbed their breasts). It was two girls against one guy, but thanks to a number of testimonies of colleagues, customers he was acquitted. When he told me the story he had tears in his eyes, being so humiliated by two girls who thought it to be fun to scare the waiter, as they later told.

Hence my hesitation to believe this girl's story. I think the courts did their job properly.

speedtripler, on 12 Mar 2014 - 07:13, said:
Mango Bob, on 12 Mar 2014 - 07:11, said:

Let's not forget, it is also 9 years AFTER to alleged incident, I'd be confused trying to remember exactly what happened.

If it was my child, I would be investing in lead.

Me too.

I am a peaceful living person, and would never harm anyone, however, had this this policeman done that to MY daughter, he would not have lived another year. I would have personally seen to that.

I know how you feel but after discussing the situation with my wife she basically said : " So you would kill the guy who did this and end up in prison at a time when your daughter needs your support more than ever in here life" Gave me something to think about.

Added to the fact that the article carries some confusing statements (rape victim which she was not, underage, minor but older than 15), I take in consideration that there is a possibility that the policeman did not take her to the toilet to "check her body for rape signs", she was not raped so obviously no signs of rape on her body. On top everybody knows that only a doctor can and has the right to investigate a victim of sexual abuse. I cannot imagine that a 16 year old girl goes to the toilet with a policeman to let her body investigated..... just too much to imagine.

She went to the police station alone? After being sexually assaulted by the neighbour she might have been heavily upset and would have taken one or both parents with her....

Someone mentioned CCTV in the police station. Obviously no evidence of alleged "abduction into the toilet". Also no other policemen present?

Then he was charged and the case was brought into TWO courts, and both courts acquitted him (he was acquitted by both lower courts, which cited the victim's confusing and contradictory testimonies to the court.)

What can a court do, if the testimonies are confusing and even contradictory? Why was it like that? Would be easy to testify that she was taken into the toilet, had her undressed and the guy sexually assaulted her. No confusion or contradictions needed and likely.

Let's not forget that there are plenty of false accusations of rape and sexual assault. I personnally know of a case (friend of mine back in Europe) of such false accusations. My friend was working as a waiter in a huge disco. One morning after a long night work the police knocked on his door and interrogated him about sexual assault of two girls (they stated he had grabbed their breasts). It was two girls against one guy, but thanks to a number of testimonies of colleagues, customers he was acquitted. When he told me the story he had tears in his eyes, being so humiliated by two girls who thought it to be fun to scare the waiter, as they later told.

Hence my hesitation to believe this girl's story. I think the courts did their job properly.

I personally think they failed to do their job and failed this victim of rape.

Sexuallly assaulted by the neighbour, then sexually assaulted by the police officer.?????

Did I just read a girl --a victim of a sexual assault-- was supposed to have a body examination by a male police in a toilet?

I cannot believe this!

Edited by Morakot

I think it was the picking of holes that started all of this.

hahahahaha i got it