Chonburi hardcore redshirt leader's home bombed

webfact

Chonburi hardcore redshirt leader's home bombed

dechathorn-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The home of a redshirt hardcore leader in Chonburi province was attacked with bomb early Thursday, causing damage to three vehicles parking inside.

The bomb attack at the home of Mr Dechathorn Thirapiraya, 46, was reported to Muang district police in Chonburi at 10.30 a.m. today.

The home is located on Soi Kaitok in Tambon Nongmaidaeng of Muang Chonburi.

Chonburi provincial police chief Pol Col Surapong Thaiprasert and a team of forensic police arrived at the scene after being alerted.

Three cars were damaged by the bomb explosion.

Found at the scene by the forensic police is a safety pin of unknown type of hand grenade.

The grenade landed at the car park area of the house.

According to son of the house owner Dechathorn, he was awaken from the bid at 2.00 a.m. when a loud explosion was heard from the car park area. He came ot to inspect and found three cars were damaged by the bomb attack.

He told the police that the attack at his home was politically motived because a few days earlier he addressed at a redshirt rally in Ayutthaya province and that this could prompt the opposite site to revenge.

Police said the bomb attack was intended merely to intimidate the house owner rather than on his life.

The house owner during the address to redshirt rally in Ayutthaya strongly attacked the army chief and even defied him that they could no longer live on the same land. He even insulted the army chief and threatened him that the redshirts would never let him live in peace after he retires from the Army in September.

He also strongly attacked the army chief’s younger brother who is the Second Army Region commander for filing petition with the court to take legal action against redshirts who placed banners advocating to the separation of the country.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/chonburi-hardcore-redshirt-leaders-home-bombed/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-03-14

What a strange way to intimidate people in Thailand these days

Where are the days of hiring a mob of bodybuilders or motorcycle hangouts riding intimidating rounds (of noise) around the house?

bombs, it seems there are plenty of them around.

scary.

Obviously because no one was hurt this is a clear indication it was done by a red shirt that was trying to garner sympathy and provide propaganda for the upcoming UDD "war drum" meeting.

Let us go on a trip down memory lane by rehashing the wise and logical stylings of the UDD forum members;

Could be anyone. Pretty much the whole of Thailand is against this nutcase. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/709897-sutheps-bangkok-home-attacked-with-m79-grenades/?p=7544843

Whats with all these attacks misfiring their targets. Either the attackers are seriously incompetent (possible) ... they are just trying to "scare" or "warn" their targets (more possible),.... or they are attempts at gaining sympathy (most likely). http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/709897-sutheps-bangkok-home-attacked-with-m79-grenades/?p=7545138

Maybe he did and was trying to do an isurance job on it ?? wink.png.pagespeed.ce.HJgPQ3U3SA.pnghttp://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/709897-sutheps-bangkok-home-attacked-with-m79-grenades/p=7545184

Just a hysterical vocal minority. who in their right mind would support this mad man. truth is, most people are indifferent or hate Dechathorn Thirapiraya. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/709897-sutheps-bangkok-home-attacked-with-m79-grenades/?p=7545423

And I will leave it with the following.

Hypocrites.

Another one.

Explosives thrown at Politically affiliated red shirts, in this case calling themselves the UDD.

And again, no-one injured.

I abhor and condemn these things when there are injuries or worse.

But also recognize the phoney attempt to both create havoc, and by virtue of who this is directed at, endeavour to create accusations against the all principle of democracy forces.

Cheapy attempts at mayhem with no consequence, yet seeking to point the finger. The repetition and intent must be obvious to all.

Yes it is Fryslan Boppe. Yes it certainly is.

What an idiotic post. Most of us are against any bombings, including the one at Sutheps place. You are right... It could be anyone, but"they did to to themselves" is overplayed at every possible opportunity. There are plenty of people that like violence for the sake of violence, and are completely unconcerned about red, yellow, black or blue

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

True and the red shirt modus operando is very inviting to them.

He even insulted the army chief and threatened him that the redshirts would never let him live in peace after he retires from the Army in September.

I am deeply saddened to read these words.

Agree - he's a hothead radical - but that doesn't mean he deserved a grenade in the night.

The chief has been trying to keep the army out of politics desperately, he's more a contemporary of Sonthi than Anupong, and Sonthi admits that his actions in 2008 didn't help and a better way needed to be found.

• Like 2

He even insulted the army chief and threatened him that the redshirts would never let him live in peace after he retires from the Army in September.

Agree - he's a hothead radical - but that doesn't mean he deserved a grenade in the night.

The chief has been trying to keep the army out of politics desperately, he's more a contemporary of Sonthi than Anupong, and Sonthi admits that his actions in 2008 didn't help and a better way needed to be found.

Given the threat perhaps the chief was getting his retaliation in first.

Typical hothead indeed and with remarks on secession he might anger even non-political Thai. Still no reason to drop grenades though.

PS minor typo, it should be "September 19th, 2006 didn't help"

• Like 1

Typical hothead indeed and with remarks on secession he might anger even non-political Thai. Still no reason to drop grenades though.

Sorry - thanks for correction, I didn't notice I typed 8 instead of 6.

When it's a yellow shirt victim they don't explode it seems but when it's a red shirt they do.

The police are right it sure intimidated him.

I have no idea who threw the grenades, don't approve of it, or condone it. I have been waiting for something like this to happen ever since I read about the grenades that didn't explode at Sutheps house. I'm not saying it was him, or any of his associates, what I am saying is he would be one of the last people in Thailand that I would want on my case.

When it's a yellow shirt victim they don't explode it seems but when it's a red shirt they do.

The police are right it sure intimidated him.

and with innocent children shopping with their parents they just kill.

• Like 1

All violence is to be condemned. So is this :

" The house owner during the address to redshirt rally in Ayutthaya strongly attacked the army chief and even defied him that they could no longer live on the same land. He even insulted the army chief and threatened him that the redshirts would never let him live in peace after he retires from the Army in September. He also strongly attacked the army chief’s younger brother who is the Second Army Region commander for filing petition with the court to take legal action against redshirts who placed banners advocating to the separation of the country. "

All violence is to be condemned. So is this :

" The house owner during the address to redshirt rally in Ayutthaya strongly attacked the army chief and even defied him that they could no longer live on the same land. He even insulted the army chief and threatened him that the redshirts would never let him live in peace after he retires from the Army in September. He also strongly attacked the army chief’s younger brother who is the Second Army Region commander for filing petition with the court to take legal action against redshirts who placed banners advocating to the separation of the country. "

Tit for Tat

Now is this going to escalate?

Obviously because no one was hurt this is a clear indication it was done by a red shirt that was trying to garner sympathy and provide propaganda for the upcoming UDD "war drum" meeting.

Let us go on a trip down memory lane by rehashing the wise and logical stylings of the UDD forum members;

Could be anyone. Pretty much the whole of Thailand is against this nutcase. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/709897-sutheps-bangkok-home-attacked-with-m79-grenades/?p=7544843

Whats with all these attacks misfiring their targets. Either the attackers are seriously incompetent (possible) ... they are just trying to "scare" or "warn" their targets (more possible),.... or they are attempts at gaining sympathy (most likely). http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/709897-sutheps-bangkok-home-attacked-with-m79-grenades/?p=7545138

Maybe he did and was trying to do an isurance job on it ?? wink.png.pagespeed.ce.HJgPQ3U3SA.pnghttp://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/709897-sutheps-bangkok-home-attacked-with-m79-grenades/p=7545184

Just a hysterical vocal minority. who in their right mind would support this mad man. truth is, most people are indifferent or hate Dechathorn Thirapiraya. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/709897-sutheps-bangkok-home-attacked-with-m79-grenades/?p=7545423

And I will leave it with the following.

Hypocrites.

Another one.

Explosives thrown at Politically affiliated red shirts, in this case calling themselves the UDD.

And again, no-one injured.

I abhor and condemn these things when there are injuries or worse.

But also recognize the phoney attempt to both create havoc, and by virtue of who this is directed at, endeavour to create accusations against the all principle of democracy forces.

Cheapy attempts at mayhem with no consequence, yet seeking to point the finger. The repetition and intent must be obvious to all.

Yes it is Fryslan Boppe. Yes it certainly is.

What an idiotic post. Most of us are against any bombings, including the one at Sutheps place. You are right... It could be anyone, but"they did to to themselves" is overplayed at every possible opportunity. There are plenty of people that like violence for the sake of violence, and are completely unconcerned about red, yellow, black or blue

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Most are against it because some believe the PDRC blow themselves up and blow the UDD up and blow innocent civilians up. Once it has been proven it was a UDD attack, bombing, intimidation. They is no denouncing the attack then. It then becomes a defense of the attack. When the res shirts attacked PDRC protestors for instance one such statement suggested it was the PDRC's fault for being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

In my opinion I feel that yingluck has a debilitating mental illness (emotional dysregulation) so one could suggest a correlation with this mental illness and the UDD supporters illogical and irrational thought processes when blaming the PDRC for every attack in Thailand irrespective of who the attack was aimed at.

Some people do need help mate. Serious help.

As I corrected my post after you replied. I am glad no one was injured and unless proven otherwise I have no doubt at all this was the workings of the PDRC. Now you try to get a UDD supporter to say that when a PDRC protester is bombed. Well, one without the mental illness highlighted above anyway.

Edited by djjamie
  • Like 1

As I corrected my post after you replied. I am glad no one was injured and unless proven otherwise I have no doubt at all this was the workings of the PDRC. Now you try to get a UDD supporter to say that when a PDRC protester is bombed.

Well said. It was probably the PDRC behind this.

When Suthep's house was attacked with grenades, several red posters decided that it was a conspiracy, and that Suthep had attacked his own house to get sympathy.

It appears that non-reds don't believe in those kind of conspiracy theories and fairy tales.

As I corrected my post after you replied. I am glad no one was injured and unless proven otherwise I have no doubt at all this was the workings of the PDRC. Now you try to get a UDD supporter to say that when a PDRC protester is bombed.

Well said. It was probably the PDRC behind this.

When Suthep's house was attacked with grenades, several red posters decided that it was a conspiracy, and that Suthep had attacked his own house to get sympathy.

It appears that non-reds don't believe in those kind of conspiracy theories and fairy tales.

Speaking of conspiracy theories.

According to a study published in Science (hard reading), the UDD supporters fall prey to what the scientists call “illusory pattern perception”: they see “a coherent and meaningful interrelationship among a set of random or unrelated stimuli.” In other words they see things that are not there and they fall victim to conspiracy theories. Why? Because the PTP tell them what to believe and they "roll" with it.

Some of the wonderful stories I have heard over the years should be captured and intertwined into kids fantasy books.

To think the rice scheme is NOT corrupt!!! tongue.png

• Like 1

So the bomb went off at 2am. They checked the damaged cars. Then reported the incident to police at 10am.

Distinct smell of fish with this one.

The location the grenade pin was found might shed some light on who was responsible. False flag attacks on both sides are as equally possible as one side attacking another but i would say it is more liely to be the case on the red side especially when they are the ones wanting to recruit an army.

"Police said the bomb attack was intended merely to intimidate the house owner rather than on his life." - Well at least the police are consistent this time, as this is what they have been saying all this while re bomb attacks. Speaking of which, what about the bomb attack that killed those children? Also meant to intimidate?

I don't condone the use of violence or any tactics with even a hint of violence. But this is Thailand and while it is bad enough to insult the Armed Forces (and in this case the army chief, no less), it's even more daft to issue threats! I mean, one must really be tired of living, and is desperate for a recourse.