Shark killed off Phuket Beach raises online ire

webfact

"Nobody, no matter Thai or foreigner, is allowed to fish about 400 species, including sharks which belong to the family Carcharhinidae such as the black tip as listed in the appendix of the law of the Environmental Protected Area -designated covering Phuket governancing sea area"

- Niphon Phongsuwan, Inspector General, Department of Marine Coastal Resources.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nomad Joe

I am not sure my video was totally irrelevent, I accept that sharks have been and probably still are being overfished throughout Asia, I do however question the science behind some peoples estimates of populations because I believe the worlds oceans are very hard places to count numbers of migratory species.

I do not support spearing of sharks in general and especially the killing of sharks by any method in areas where they are protected.

I do however object to blane being pointed at spearfishermen in general and to foreigners in geneeral, if this particular guy happens to have been breaking the law and fishing illegally I am sure that is more a reflection on his personal character rather than soearfishermen or foriegners in general. My opinion is governments should prosecute the innocent and leave the innocent alone as much as possible