Protesters may visit Thai Lottery Bureau to determine if prizes were fixed

webfact

Protesters may visit Lottery Bureau to determine if prizes were fixed

149341_699230206764776_1703118421_n-wpcf

BANGKOK: -- Anti-government protesters from the Network of Students and People for Thailand’s Reform will visit the Lottery Bureau Monday to find out if the first prize lottery and two-digit prize results for the March 16 draw were pre-fixed or not.

NSPRT advisor Nitithorn Lumlua said Sunday that it was possible that the protesters would move to the Lottery Bureau to chek the lottery drawing process in order to clear the suspicion that the first prize and two-digit prize results might be fixed.

The first prize lottery result is 531404 and the two-digit prize result is 79. Lottery punters the first prize numbers are similar to license plate of a van, numbers 5404, used by caretaker Prime Minister to travel to an old noodle shop in Chiang Mai. The prime minister tripped and fell on the ground when she stepped out of the van.

The two-digit prize numbers, 79, match the last two-digit of the license plate of another van, numbers 7879, used by the prime minister when she travelled to Fang district of Chiang Mai on Friday for an inspection tour.

Nitithorn said he personally didn’t find it surprising if the government ordered the Lottery Bureau to fix the lottery results because the government had done something more outrageous before.

And this was not the first time that first prize lottery and two-digit lottery results were suspected to have been fixed, said Nitithorn.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/protesters-may-visit-lottery-bureau-determine-prizes-fixed/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-03-17

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The students really need to get back to their studies and have their mind and outlook broadened.

Imagine believing that the outcome of something in Thailand might be fixed ! Just where do these ideas come from ?

History Books

• Like 2

The lottery draw used to be done live on TV but was suspended after the coup and never reinstated. The problem with the lottery is the disbursement of the profits to charities. One of the earliest accusations levelled at Thaksin was that it had become a slush fund for financing someone's mistress habit, though that can't be corroborated due to slander laws.

The students really need to get back to their studies and have their mind and outlook broadened.

Imagine believing that the outcome of something in Thailand might be fixed ! Just where do these ideas come from ?

History Books

Thais only read Kom-icks

Looks like some one is on the ball , even if it leads to now where, which it probably will , it will put the lottery Bureau on notice that they are being watched, I have never trusted lotto in any Asian country, I have a low, distrustful opinion with any-think to do with money in Asia, period.

• Like 2

Perhaps the protesters should take this as an omen.................rolleyes.gif

I don't care, they started the nonsense by calling it a fix......................wink.png

post-76988-0-42591400-1395017339_thumb.j

post-76988-0-36799800-1395017358_thumb.j

Edited by chrisinth
  • Like 1

I still remember the spoof posters that were on some walls briefly in the 1990s UK, with The National Lottery famous "giant glowing hand" pointing at a person and the "It could be you!" phrase. Which had been airbrushed on the spoof posters and replaced with "dream on you w**ker!" which always made me burst out laughing when I passed them.

It could be you, but honestly it probably won't be, and then saying the system is corrupt because you haven't won, is fairly pitiful. I do agree with other posters though, that the live TV screening of the lottery balls spinning and popping out in sequence, is the only way to hold these type of events fairly.

Well several times in the past it has found to be fixed,so I don't

think anything would be different today,anything with money

involved,you will also find corrupt practices,I mean,just for a

start the tickets never sell for the printed price,what is the

price 40 bht, but selling for more than 50 bht.or more if they

are deemed "lucky numbers" !!!.

regards Worgeordie

• Like 2

The lottery draw used to be done live on TV but was suspended after the coup and never reinstated. The problem with the lottery is the disbursement of the profits to charities. One of the earliest accusations levelled at Thaksin was that it had become a slush fund for financing someone's mistress habit, though that can't be corroborated due to slander laws.

My missus was watching it live on TV a couple of weeks ago. You are most likely right about no transparency in disbursement of funds & I am sure the money has been used as a slush fund on many occasions & not only for mia nois. Back in 1992 portesters burnt down the GLO because of the corruption & the number fixing.

• Like 2

The lottery should be a live TV program screened for each draw - the method for selecting the numbers should be the same as they do in the west - why should it be any different, oh wait !!! could it possibly be that near enough everything in Thailand must have a way to corrupt it and control it especially when it involves large sums of money - go figure

Well lit used to be like that... but they found it difficult to decide who was going to win.

Edited by jacko45k

It is rigged just like everything.

My wife has reeled off in the past how many times it was rigged and certain tickets were not obtainable because they went to certain people in advance.

One I remember was when some big monk died a couple of years back and his age 98 was impossible to get the tickets for.. guess what won?

Happens all the time apparently which is why a lot of Thais (including the wife and family) only play the underground lottery.

• Like 1

A post in violation of this forum rule has been removed as well as a reply:

11) Do not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

It is still live and many Thais sit glued to the screen despite it being one of the most boring spectacles I have ever witnessed. It really is dreadful.

It is still live and many Thais sit glued to the screen despite it being one of the most boring spectacles I have ever witnessed. It really is dreadful.

On what channel would that be?

The lottery should be a live TV program screened for each draw - the method for selecting the numbers should be the same as they do in the west - why should it be any different, oh wait !!! could it possibly be that near enough everything in Thailand must have a way to corrupt it and control it especially when it involves large sums of money - go figure

It is live on TV. Don't watch the broadcast myself as it goes on and on for ages, but I do buy my tickets twice a month. I'm no mathematician but what are the odds of finding a ticket seller even having a ticket with the 4 numbers mentioned. Then finding every combination with the second two numbers included would be all but impossible. Maybe the student protesters should go back to class and do the calcs.

http://lottery.kapook.com/