Jeremy Clarkson accused of 'racism' during Top Gear series finale in Thailand

webfact

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No wilcopops I am not justifying anything. I have already said that I had never heard of the word 'slope' in this context. I have never heard of the programme, nor Clarkson. I was just making an extra comment to........

I find it odd to talk about racism in a country where people are raised to be zenophobic.

<snip>.

Edited by soundman
Unnecessary observation.

Sadly not the first Indian non-entity to cynically abuse New Labour's so-called anti-racism laws for personal gain. Present legal conditions make White people easy pickings for them; which would explain why Indian hypocrites are at the forefront of exploiting race-law, in order to redistribute cash from Whites to themselves and their ultra-nepotistic brethren, in the UK.

David Cameron promised us a "Great Repeal Bill" which would help to undo some of New Labour's vile legacy. It was even in the Queen's speech. Divisive ethnic minorities, which are produced by race-legislation and which were entirely predicted by Enoch Powell, could have been a thing of the past. But, again, Cast Iron lied through his treacherous teeth. At least this woman got some free PR from it. Even if she is now despised by the UK indigenous population. I wonder how much the BBC will pay her to go away? Sickening.

I'm sure the Basques don't despise her very much really, especially since they focused their settlement around the Western Pyrenees some time ago. Or are you picking an arbitrary cut off point somewhere within the numerous batches of immigrants over the last few thousand years to mean 'indigenous'?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Edited by rwdrwdrwd

There are any number of derogatory terms used by Asians to refer to westerners, though I'm sure the Asians don't view them that way. Unless she and her conniving lawyers can prove the word that commonly means 'incline' was deliberately used in a derogatory way, I would suggest Guha makes do with her current income and assets rather than trying to screw the BBC for a million pounds she hasn't earned, doesn't merit, and is highly unlikely to see.

As for taking Top Gear off air, does she really think anyone else sees her as that relevant?

I watched Top gear last night, and i can not see what all the fuss is about .

As far as i am concerned this little old indian 2 bit so called actress that no one has ever heard of is just trying to get some attention.

The program was brilliant 10 out of 10 to Jeremy Clarkson & Top gear

Having lived and worked in Asia for 13 years, I now realise I have led a sheltered life.

I have never heard the "slope" expression used before and if some sensationalists hadn't written this drivel, I would still have been happily ignorant of it's meaning.

Never heard of it either! o.o

to rwdrwd etc

I don't know why, but I looked up Basque in the OED and...........name of an ancient race inhabiting both SLOPES of the Western Pyrenees, who speak a language non-Aryan.

I had a good laugh and I hope you do too. I swear the 'slope' is not my invention.

to rwdrwd etc

I don't know why, but I looked up Basque in the OED and...........name of an ancient race inhabiting both SLOPES of the Western Pyrenees, who speak a language non-Aryan.

I had a good laugh and I hope you do too. I swear the 'slope' is not my invention.

I looked up 'Basque' in the Thai University Students Encyclopedia and it just had a picture of Madonna on stage. facepalm.gif

I know the word slope from countless war movies. It is racist because it targets the racial characteristic of Asian eyes.

"Slope on a bridge" reminds me of the similar ugly joke about the Japanese Salariman rooftop-suicide phenomenon "there's a nip in the air tonight" which was a popular joke among some famous UK racist comedians, back when it was still seen as OK to be xenophobic and covertly racist in the guise of comedy. Some of my best friends are Japanese, and I always shudder when somebody made that joke on TV.

Nip and slope are both offensive terms, for different reasons. And Clarkson is a moron - another offensive term, although I feel one that is thoroughly appropriate.

Nip is an offensive term ?? Nippon being the Japanese name for...., well,.......Japan . !

I know the word slope from countless war movies. It is racist because it targets the racial characteristic of Asian eyes.

"Slope on a bridge" reminds me of the similar ugly joke about the Japanese Salariman rooftop-suicide phenomenon "there's a nip in the air tonight" which was a popular joke among some famous UK racist comedians, back when it was still seen as OK to be xenophobic and covertly racist in the guise of comedy. Some of my best friends are Japanese, and I always shudder when somebody made that joke on TV.

Nip and slope are both offensive terms, for different reasons. And Clarkson is a moron - another offensive term, although I feel one that is thoroughly appropriate.

Nip is an offensive term ??

Has been for a long time. There are quite a few other word shorteners or modified words that have taken on offensive meanings, but I won't present them here.

Will any one be watching this Top Gear episode which is on tomorrow at 21.00hr on U B C CHANNEL 18.

I for one will be watching just because of all the publicity surrounding this.

I'll be downloading it.

whistling.gif

You certainly seem to spend a lot of time being offended. But as Billy Connolly once said "I've always felt that certain people should be offended on a regular basis."

I had a Japanese GF back in the UK in my younger days who I used to refer to as 'my little chinky-winky' as the Japs and the Chinese are not the best of mates. Was she offended? No! She was an adult with a sense of humour. Her stock reply was "F'you Gaijin".

Though I used to get the odd playful karate kick in the ribs.

There're too many people spending too much time being offended. Get a life!

Suzuki GSX-R1000 L3 182 hp in-line 4 Superbike

Hey Jeremy ...

Fine British 'Education' ... Shut Up, Pay Up, and watch your Manners, FOOL.

I am Sick of the this type of casualness, punk-boy.

How's The Empire, you lowlife ... Oh Sorry ... You LOST it ... (Wonder WHY ... ?)

Good Luck Brits, This seems typical to me .... Rude, Period.

An Admirer (not even) .....

ohh my, ohh my dear,

I watch it, as I do enjoy seeing Top Gear, over here in Thailand

However the final punch in the face was..............????? Fan-&lt;deleted&gt;-tastic.

The wrong river (Not Buffalo), named KOK (cock) that they build it on and Not that river named Kwai (Buffalo),

Kwai ? btw where is that rivercoffee1.gif

So all in all "Me Hats" are off for Jeremy Clarkson thumbsup.gif

A bridge too far I think for him and BBC, as it would or could be "Mission Impossible" to build a bridge over a Thai Buffalo river.w00t.gif

There is no such River in Kanchanaburi named Kwai

It was and always has been the Khwae Noi and Yai after the two dams were build (Please prove me wrong) whistling.gif

Before that Meklong? I think?blink.png

Win w00t.gif

At the very least ... 35 years ... a good Career - Sat, Mixed gas Diving, Welding & Demolition and I never passed Arse Gas (rarified type - generally comes from decayed Arse-holes), through my mouth.

...until today I take it.

Sadly not the first Indian non-entity to cynically abuse New Labour's so-called anti-racism laws for personal gain. Present legal conditions make White people easy pickings for them; which would explain why Indian hypocrites are at the forefront of exploiting race-law, in order to redistribute cash from Whites to themselves and their ultra-nepotistic brethren, in the UK.

David Cameron promised us a "Great Repeal Bill" which would help to undo some of New Labour's vile legacy. It was even in the Queen's speech. Divisive ethnic minorities, which are produced by race-legislation and which were entirely predicted by Enoch Powell, could have been a thing of the past. But, again, Cast Iron lied through his treacherous teeth. At least this woman got some free PR from it. Even if she is now despised by the UK indigenous population. I wonder how much the BBC will pay her to go away? Sickening.

I'm sure the Basques don't despise her very much really, especially since they focused their settlement around the Western Pyrenees some time ago. Or are you picking an arbitrary cut off point somewhere within the numerous batches of immigrants over the last few thousand years to mean 'indigenous'?

Your conditions for recognising the existence of an ethnic identity being what? An arbitrary longevity? Genetic purity? You didn't say. They never do. Suffice it to say that, apart from artificial pseudo-identities that are socially-engineered by the State, ethnic identity is not predicated on a definition. Vice versa. An Indian is already Indian. Maybe he can 'sufficiently' define Indian-ness, maybe not, but, either way, it changes nothing. Same goes for the English, whose turf it is, and they, as an ethnic group, are the indigenous population. Nobody is conned by the unquenchable definitional requirements of the multicultural fraudsters any more. Let's move along now.

BBC faces £1MILLION racism lawsuit over Jeremy Clarkson's 'slope' quip on Top Gear Burma special

Somi Guha, 36, is suing BBC over alleged racist remark on Top Gear

Jeremy Clarkson caused outrage by using word 'slope' in Burma special

Term is a derogatory phrase for people of Asian descent

Actress Ms Guha's lawyers say action could cost the BBC £1million

They demand organisation apologises and takes show off the air

By LIZZIE EDMONDSEDMONDS

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/711700-jeremy-clarkson-accused-of-racism-during-top-gear-series-finale-in-thailand/page-30#entry7622217

So this Indian actress (?) is suing the BBC (which is funded by the British public) for a comment made on one it's TV shows.

Couldn't she just give us a song instead?

The BBC is owned by the government, they charge UK households 'tv licence' fee (the only channel which does this) even if they don't watch their channel.

I doubt the UK folks would be too bothered if the government had to pay for this - even if it would meaning losing to the most pathetic attempt for a claim.

I would be bothered as it would probably come out of my income tax, when instead it could go to a school or hospital so they can teach/heal immigrants who don't put into the pot..

ohh my, ohh my dear,

I watch it, as I do enjoy seeing Top Gear, over here in Thailand

However the final punch in the face was..............????? Fan-<deleted>-tastic.

The wrong river (Not Buffalo), named KOK (cock) that they build it on and Not that river named Kwai (Buffalo),

Kwai ? btw where is that rivercoffee1.gif

So all in all "Me Hats" are off for Jeremy Clarkson thumbsup.gif

A bridge too far I think for him and BBC, as it would or could be "Mission Impossible" to build a bridge over a Thai Buffalo river.w00t.gif

There is no such River in Kanchanaburi named Kwai

It was and always has been the Khwae Noi and Yai after the two dams were build (Please prove me wrong) whistling.gif

Before that Meklong? I think?blink.png

Win w00t.gif

That depends on which alphabet you choose to use to write Thai in Western script. What you appear to be doing is query the mis- pronunciation which was ​started by Henri Boiulle and his publishers.

The TG bridge was over a river near Chiang Rai called "Kok" (more peals of laughter from juvenile BBC presenters).

Again it may be "GoG' as their is no h after the k which is the JAPANESE way of writing Thai in western script.

The river in Kanchanaburi was re-named after the event in order to cash in on tourism

Why would someone from India be offended by the word Slope?

She should be laughed out of court and be made to cook a curry for Jeremy Clarkson on his show.

Who the **** is she to be demanding that this fantastic British show be taken off the air!

I can't stand people like this !!!!

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

She should be laughed out of court and be made to cook a curry for Jeremy Clarkson on his show.

Who the **** is she to be demanding that this fantastic British show be taken off the air!

I'm pretty sure he will make up some joke about her on one of the future episodes.

She's some failed actress desperate to make a name for herself and add the tags "Anti racism activist/campaigner" to her Wiki/Linkedin page if she even has one which I doubt as a couple of episodes of The Bill back in the 1980s don't usually go that far...

' Thank goodness no one has made the same suggestion to the actress of 'Indian origin' so often made to those of 'foreign origin' who display dissatisfaction people in their adopted country.

That's to say, "If you don't like it here, why don't you go home?"

Now that would be intolerant.

Edited by bigbamboo

The derogatory term "slope" has different meanings. It is an acronym for Silly Little Opium Peddling Easterner.

It can also refer to the curve of slant eyes. However, it is used in a non-racist sense, too. It can describe sagging breasts.

Nobody sued anybody for Clint Eastwood's line in Gran Torino: "Hey, what the hell do you think youre doing with my car you yellow gook slope?"

Actually one of the many points of Gran Torino was to demonstrate how a man who was portrayed as irrevocably set in his ways -- mean-spirited and a little racist -- could mature and broaden his perception of the people around him. Specifically in Gran Torino this was in reference to the community of Cambodian refugees in California.

At the end of the film he certainly wasn't referring to them as yellow gook slopes, but as his dearest friends.

Everyone is going off on tagents in reference to racism vs political correctness, but what Clarkson said was a dick move. He might be the second coming of whomever your Christ is... but it still wasn't a cool thing to say. And if there was a Thai show on TV where they intentionally degraded farang by using a loaded phrase with double-meaning to do it (eg, something along the lines of farang kii nok or similar), I'm sure half of the Clarkson fan boys would have their proverbial panties in a twizzle.

I don't know if he's racist. I don't even care. I do know it was a dick thing to say, if I was Asian I wouldn't think being called a slope was all such a laugh.

Top gear is successful, partially because they like to push the limits of acceptable behavior. How many times have we enjoyed them taking a step too far.

This was likely the most talked about episode ever. Jeremy is someone people love to hate and that keeps a TV show a hot topic. I am sure behind closed doors BBC is quietly pleased with the ratings spike. However I expect some version of a slap on the wrist for Jeremy will be upcoming. Just to keep up appearances. Although he has also likely ensured himself a pay raise and an extended contract too.

Your conditions for recognising the existence of an ethnic identity being what? An arbitrary longevity? Genetic purity? You didn't say. They never do. Suffice it to say that, apart from artificial pseudo-identities that are socially-engineered by the State, ethnic identity is not predicated on a definition. Vice versa. An Indian is already Indian. Maybe he can 'sufficiently' define Indian-ness, maybe not, but, either way, it changes nothing. Same goes for the English, whose turf it is, and they, as an ethnic group, are the indigenous population. Nobody is conned by the unquenchable definitional requirements of the multicultural fraudsters any more. Let's move along now.

Define English then. Do you include those of Celtic, Roman, Viking, Saxon, Norman, Huguenot or West Indian heritage? You already made clear you don't consider that those of Indian heritage could be English, so I wonder if you have a prejudice cut off point.

In answer to your question, I consider those born in England with British citizenship, or first generation children of the same born elsewhere to be English.

'Indigenous' on the other hand suggests racial purity me. Bearing in mind the history of England I doubt such a person exists. I've seen some close calls in Norfolk but they could neither confirm nor deny it.

Edited by rwdrwdrwd