It's time to learn now, before we destroy our society

webfact

"It's time to learn now, before we destroy our society"

Another article despairing about political armageddon in Thailand....Exactly an impression anti-democrats want to create.

Trying to place an intellectual facade of anarchy over Thai Politics favoring the Elitists, their coup-mongering friends and user-friendly agencies/judicary agenda's doesn't go any further than their own kind.

Just adhere and succumb to electoral and Parliamentary Democracy baby. Just solve Thailand's problems in a representational Parliament baby.

To be serious however, I understand why they want to avoid Parliament, by seeking to nullify elections, and exercising their Oppositional role via their user-friendly agencies/judiciary.

They are frustrated by their minority role in parliament....my point is...Fix it....It is to everyone's advantage to have some balance of power in Parliament and to have competitive elections nation wide.

Fixate yourself on engaging in competitive elections.......and the rest will follow.

If you are non-plussed about this, just ask me......There is every way till Sunday, to develop a winning electoral strategy...even for the PAD-Dem's.

So get after it, and quit playing the "Poor us, bad voters, destroying society," idiocy.

Anti-Democrats .... check

Elitists ... check

coup-mongering ... check

electoral majority ... ch ... oops ... FAIL

Just speaking the truth to power baby.

• Like 1

Yeah, only a mere 60 years of the same reoccurring problems again and again; nice it dawned on the author to now think outside the box on ways to not destroy society, and instead unite it. Quick thinker there.

Edited by gemini81

Another article despairing about political armageddon in Thailand....Exactly an impression anti-democrats want to create.

Trying to place an intellectual facade of anarchy over Thai Politics favoring the Elitists, their coup-mongering friends and user-friendly agencies/judicary agenda's doesn't go any further than their own kind.

Just adhere and succumb to electoral and Parliamentary Democracy baby. Just solve Thailand's problems in a representational Parliament baby.

To be serious however, I understand why they want to avoid Parliament, by seeking to nullify elections, and exercising their Oppositional role via their user-friendly agencies/judiciary.

They are frustrated by their minority role in parliament....my point is...Fix it....It is to everyone's advantage to have some balance of power in Parliament and to have competitive elections nation wide.

Fixate yourself on engaging in competitive elections.......and the rest will follow.

If they are non-plussed about this, just ask me......There is every way till Sunday, to develop a winning electoral strategy...even for the PAD-Dem's.

So they should get after it, and quit playing the "Poor us, bad voters, destroying society," idiocy.

In the meantime, they need to get off this holier-than-thou and self-righteous indignation about the need for reform, and trying to ram through solutions via non-parliamentary means....What makes them think an electoral majority will accept changes in Governance suggested by small, elitist BKK rooted groups....That is why there is a Parliament, representing all of the electorate....only via that imperfect venue can reform - whatever that means - be actualized.

Wow, Thaksin's PR team (Fryslan boppe and others) are really getting good at this pseudo-intellectual writing and working overtime at spinning everything.

You babble on however about "Democracy" and I have just one sentence to show it's complete and utter crap, something everyone else can see but the "reds" seem to be completely blind to:

The ruling Pheu Thai Party said Tuesday it would defy the Constitutional Court's ruling on the election, even before it knows what its decision is.

clap2.gif

• Like 1

If you are non-plussed about this, just ask me......There is every way till Sunday, to develop a winning electoral strategy...even for the PAD-Dem's.

So get after it, and quit playing the "Poor us, bad voters, destroying society," idiocy.

Anti-Democrats .... check

Elitists ... check

coup-mongering ... check

electoral majority ... ch ... oops ... FAIL

Just speaking the truth to power baby.

Right on baby! Is "baby" the new red catchphrase or is it the same person writing? lol

Thailand should adopt the Belgian solution -- no functioning government means no expensive and stupid ideas, less corruption and silly point-scoring.

Let the Army protect the borders, the rangers protect the forests, the police run the massage parlours and traffic shakedowns, and leave business to get on with its job without interference.

With Yingluck operating the country from a wheelchair in a Chiang Mai classroom, Thailand has almost achieved this, and the result is a still-expanding economy which would be even better if tourists weren't put off by all the whistles, traffic blockades and M-79s in Bangkok.

It's time to learn now, before we destroy our society

If you haven't figured it out by now and I know that you haven't... then you deserve what's coming to ya. You can call me a pessimist and worse but I don't see a lot in Thai society that's really worth saving. The gorilla was and has been sitting wherever he liked long before you were born Khun Pravit. Let it all go to hell and start over is my best advice.

Edited by Local Drunk

Yes, and there's none so blind as those who will not see.

Another meaningless editorial stating the obvious which does not concern those who could effect change but have no intention of doing so as it doesn't suit their agenda.

Sadly, you are right.

And now there is another naive group laying down ultimatums. As soon as they did that, they set themselves up to fail. Their original intentions might have been good, but their obvious lack of diplomatic skills would have undone them in any case.

• Like 1

It is really very simple. What do you want? A dictatroship or democracy?

suthep = dicatorship

yingluck = democracy

Where are you going to find anyone to run this country? The thai people have to stand up to what they believe in. Living 40 years ago or go to the future. It is very simple.

Thailand should adopt the Belgian solution -- no functioning government means no expensive and stupid ideas, less corruption and silly point-scoring.

Let the Army protect the borders, the rangers protect the forests, the police run the massage parlours and traffic shakedowns, and leave business to get on with its job without interference.

With Yingluck operating the country from a wheelchair in a Chiang Mai classroom, Thailand has almost achieved this, and the result is a still-expanding economy which would be even better if tourists weren't put off by all the whistles, traffic blockades and M-79s in Bangkok.

Isn't that what is going on now? Or ayleast most of what you say

Have to say the majority of Thai's i have met so far (six and a half years ) are childish,selfish and immature in many respects. There are many reasons for this, not least the family set up here. It's all very well saying that close family ties where several generations live together is a wonderful thing but very few ever learn to become strong minded and independent. Many of the 'Men' are spoiled, selfish and unreliable, and whilst many of the Girls and Women work hard they can be very immature up until their early 40's. The average Thai Woman of 25-30 seems to act the way 14-17 year old's do in the West..

No i think you are wrong on most of this.

Without being alarmist I think quiet a lot of the true old Thai society has gone , the basic function and hope disappeared long ago after 1992, when the agenda was high-jacked by the wealthy, going from Junta control to elitist control, long term expats would have seen some of the soul missing from Thai society for sometime and unfortunately never to return , however the people will revolt before anyone destroys their society, at least one hopes so.

Edited by chainarong

The bottom line in this enstranged country is that if the printed media got of their fat butts and did a hell of a lot more investigative reporting and printed not just the facts but the true facts, a lot of the bulldshite corruption and illegalities would subside. The very least you primma donna editors could do is start uncovering and exposing those politicians who have amassed massive wealth in such short time. Where is your duty of care to your reader? Why make it so blatant obvious that you must be in the trough with the other swine because you are happy to protect them.

suthep = dicatorship

yingluck = democracy

Where are you going to find anyone to run this country? The thai people have to stand up to what they believe in. Living 40 years ago or go to the future. It is very simple.

Only a simpleton would consider this a simple problem. When your government disregards the laws of the country, what can the average person do. I would suggest that the choices are A: protest, B: refuse to pay taxes, which support the government. When your country is run by a fugitive from justice via various proxies, and those people, who pay far less than the average amount of taxes,gain the most from those who do pay, have nothing to lose, are the backbone of the "democracy", there is a problem. I'm sure we have all heard of taxation without representation, here there is representation without taxation, and the people that are paying are p-ssed off.

suthep = dicatorship

yingluck = democracy

Only a simpleton would consider this a simple problem. When your government disregards the laws of the country, what can the average person do. I would suggest that the choices are A: protest, B: refuse to pay taxes, which support the government. When your country is run by a fugitive from justice via various proxies, and those people, who pay far less than the average amount of taxes,gain the most from those who do pay, have nothing to lose, are the backbone of the "democracy", there is a problem. I'm sure we have all heard of taxation without representation, here there is representation without taxation, and the people that are paying are p-ssed off.

Only those without a leg to stand on need to complicate the simple.

suthep = dicatorship

yingluck = democracy

It really is that simple.

"Let us blame ourselves for having allowed Thailand to be dragged down by them and ourselves for so long."

Hear! Hear! Hear what this wise and eloquent speaker has to say!

Edited by metisdead
Oversize font reset to normal.

suthep = dicatorship

yingluck = democracy

In such a case, the proper democratic solution is to publicise the corruption, and then push for an election so that the people can vote out the government (if they feel it to be dishonest). This happens all the time in the West.

The answer is not to boycott elections and use force to disrupt elections and push for an unelected People's Council on the grounds that "most Thai people are too stupid to vote for the right people" (when in fact they know which side their bread is buttered on and are voting for what they see as the lesser of two evils).

The yellow "cure" of dictatorship is worse than the disease.

Sent from my IS11T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by ThailandNoob