I am 71yrs old have a wife from Roi Et area who wants to have house in her village.

Need to know if anybody in this area knows of a real estate company in the Roi Et City area. The wife's village is pass At Samat. Please want help , not alot of BS or telling me my wife is only after my money or free home . Thank you of any help

Bound to be a family member with a nice piece of land for sale cheap, for a special Johnny farang price! BTW you are too old for your wife and she is only with you for the free house LOL.

BS aside whatever you do with your money and whoever you decide to waste it on is your own business, you made it you enjoy flushing it down the crapper if it takes your fancy. Can't help with that area but the same is true in any area, buy land, get it built the way you want and save 20-30% on market value.

Good Luck old chap

• Like 2

Why buy/build a house? Why not rent until you know for sure you want to stay there. If you buy or build and you can't stay for any reason then you just got your wife a new house you can't live in. You can't own it so your wife reaps the benefits.

I went through something similar and my wife didn't start the problems but her family did. I had to move away. All the improvements I made to her house was extensive and lost to me but great for her.

• Like 1

Surprise ! She wants a house in her village !

The real question that should asked is -------------

Do YOU wish to live in the village and do YOU want to buy a house ?

Why's it a surprise. Even in the West people prefer to live near family. And with Thailand being more family-orientated than the West it's even less of a surprise.

Seems to me he asked a perfectly reasonable question and made a very justified comment as confirmed by the usual type of responses made by the usual type of posters.

He asked if anyone knows an estate agent in Roi Et, then gets responses such as "what do you want?" and words to the effect of "you'll have to provide more information"!

• Like 2

Why's it a surprise. Even in the West people prefer to live near family. And with Thailand being more family-orientated than the West it's even less of a surprise.

Have to disagree with you. Not all westerners have the desire to be close to family. I have friends that have moved to the other side of the world to get away from them!!!!!

• Like 2

Have to disagree with you. Not all westerners have the desire to be close to family. I have friends that have moved to the other side of the world to get away from them!!!!!

I didn't say that all Westerners wanted to live near their families. Most do. As Thailand is more family-orientated, why do you think it's such a surprise that this woman want to live near her family. I know many Thais that want to be near their family. Even ones that are in Thai relationships. No money making involved, They just want to be close to family. It's completely normal here. You should get out more and get to know the culture a bit better,

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Seems to me he asked a perfectly reasonable question and made a very justified comment as confirmed by the usual type of responses made by the usual type of posters.

He asked if anyone knows an estate agent in Roi Et, then gets responses such as "what do you want?" and words to the effect of "you'll have to provide more information"!

Absolutely right and here is his answer

http://www.ddproperty.com/en/roi-et

That took all of 10 seconds to obtain from Google !

I find it quite strange that there are so many people that can do things like sign up to and post on forums, facebook, etc, but aren't capable of doing a simple Google search. Many questions on TV could be answered in a few seconds by a Google search.

At his age, maybe safer than living in a high rise condominium.

I find it quite strange that there are so many people that can do things like sign up to and post on forums, facebook, etc, but aren't capable of doing a simple Google search. Many questions on TV could be answered in a few seconds by a Google search.

Well if you owned a website whose main cash flow was banner ads and real estate and want ads you'd want as much traffic as possible. You'd engage loads of people to ask loads of questions.

You'd THEN be able to pump your hit count which is something your sales people need when they are out pounding the pavement looking for advertisers.

What I'd LOVE to see is a Thai Visa AstroTurf count of what the granddaddy of all troll questions might be.

What astro turf post invariably draws the most posts in other words.

?

"Sometimes, 'fuggedabowdit' just means fuggedabowdit."

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

1 Decade out on computer knowledge I think.

Word of mouth is probably your best bet.

Warning: third party "helpers" often inflate the price and do their best to stay in the middle. Bypass them. Don't settle anything with anyone other than the seller. The seller then paays the introduction fee of 3% to the person who brought you in.

Good luck.

PS. I totally understand your comment about the BS suggestions. A lot of "smart ass know it all's" on here who love to read what they wrote.