Thinking of moving back to Thailand for good? Could use some opinions.

Skeetjones

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whatever problems you have in the states you will have here.

College at 30? The women will be all over you.

No they won't. The typical female undergrad will be 18-21. She will have nothing in common with a 30 year old farang freshman living off his mum. If he was a dashing doctoral or post doc fellow and was financially independent, then yes, there might be interest. Desirable Thai university girls can have their pick of a large pool of handsome, financially secure Thai university students.

I am speaking from personal experience. Not in Thailand, true, but it's a wonder I managed to get through the three years that I was there (age 26). And I was poverty stricken.

• Like 1

I've lived in Thailand for 3 years so I need no paragraphs about the 'rules' and life style.

It's been on my mind, just asking for some opinions. I don't need to hear how someone will beat me to death or I'm headed for jail.

Well then, forget everything I posted.

Come on over. You'll fit right in.

• Like 1

If your physically abusive then you will not last 5 minutes anyone who knocks a female about has zero respect as far as I am concerned you need to go to anger management and sort yourself out before even considering moving back to Thailand

• Like 1

It is a lot better to go into college with a mature mind that not knowing what is the best for you, and 30 may be the right age to do it. Go for it!

Come to Thailand and be close to your mother and leave a relationship that is doing nothing good for you. In Thailand, make the effort to get into practice of meditation and self healing, changing you way of thinking on a proper environment. Ask advice with a herbalist about your behavior problems, and get into kind of discipline. Meditation and exercise may do it well. And get out of trouble, means women, for a while...Good luck to you.

• Like 2

All I know is whatever issues you're facing in the US are going to be changed / amplified here.

Or it depends I guess. Do you look Thai, and speak / read / write fluent Thai? If so, then it might be alright for you. However, if you look more like a white guy, and speak only minimal Thai, then as I said, your problems will probably only be amplified. Get your house in order first, then come out.

In other words, where's "home" for you? Does Thailand feel like home? If so, then come on down! Otherwise, probably best to get your affairs sorted out first before coming over. Being in a bad position in a place you consider "home" is one thing, but being in a bad position in a foreign country on the other side of the world is a totally different thing.

Edited by Nautilus05

You have a real problem with abuse. I would guess you come from an abusive family and you need to seek help for this problem. You will never get any help here in Thailand so I would suggest you go to an anger management group that is a good idea or see a therapist . I understand what you are saying but you will not truly be free until you deal with this problem. and it is a Real problem

Good luck and you can find solutions to this problem. This is also holding you back from getting better jobs as well

You have a real problem with abuse. I would guess you come from an abusive family and you need to seek help for this problem. You will never get any help here in Thailand so I would suggest you go to an anger management group that is a good idea or see a therapist . I understand what you are saying but you will not truly be free until you deal with this problem. and it is a Real problem

Good luck and you can find solutions to this problem. This is also holding you back from getting better jobs as well

• Like 1

No issue with going back to school in Thailand. Why not? You will find there are plenty of older folks attending college..if you wanna say 30 yrs old in old?? haha..I'm 45. School/work and get your shit together. Why not.

• Like 1

Where ever you go, there you are.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Exactly........I too once believed that there was such thing as a "Geographical Cure".......where new circumstances would make a "New Me" and life would be rosy........however where ever I went my head always came too.

• Like 1

Lol...most posters are telling the OP to stay in US.

I agree though OP. No use in running away from your problems....they will follow you.

Either mentally or physically, i.e. your mental abusive girlfriend will follow you here.

What is your job over there OP? Probably not something you can do in Thailand.

Which means you will not find a satisfying job here, or not find a job at all.

You will then resort to teaching here, like many, which is just a means to remain here in Thailand, not really to LIVE here.

Unless your mother is rich, which she is not, otherwise you would not be scraping by with a "dead-end" job now.

OP if you want to settle here, first finish things with your girlfriend there.

Then, like others have posted, get a degree in US, something that you can use here to get a good job.

Then come over here.

• Like 1

Forget Thailand...for the moment...get counseling for a any number of problems you have related in you post...once you get your head on straight...you will know what to do with your life...good luck!

College at 30? The women will be all over you.

And still no regular income. Why would anyone of average intelligence still be in college at the age of thirty.

At what age are you planning to secure regular employment?

This is a joke right? The last time I looked at the calendar it said 2014, not 1950. People go back to school later in life for a ton of reasons. Who says that you have to graduate college at 22 and start work.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Make a plan and stick with it. Thailand experience will never be the same as before. Look at your life and the things that bring you happiness. If you leave your lady be sure to leave without hurting her if possible. I personally don't think you have yet found your place. I think you should work toward being good to yourself instead of beating yourself and others down. Maybe you have issues being without a father, I don't know for sure... If it's money that you desire, Thailand is a difficult place to increase your financial worth. If there is a take away from this in all that I'm saying it would be to say, you cannot run away from your problems. They will at some point catch up with you. Work to make yourself a better person because if you stay in Thailand you will only survive if you have discipline and the inner strength to follow the straight path. Someday you may want to go back and live in America and it's possible you will not fit so well in that society. Anyway, think like a man with a bright future and not a young boy running to a place where you can hide without facing yourself. Best of luck to you.

• Like 2

OP, reading your post, makes me sad that my mother has gone and I will not see her again, get an advice, enjoy a little cuddle.

I'm also happy to hear that there are still people around, like you, that love and respect their mothers.

Don't ever miss that love and affection, it is irreplaceable.

Go with her, enjoy her and let her enjoy you, life is short.

Whatever you have in the USA, you will have here also.

You are not a foreigner, you are half Thai, you speak the language and you are not a lazy bugger.

You will succeed wherever you go.

But you will always remember, in your future life, the moments you had in your mothers arms.

Wish you the Best of Luck, whatever your decision will be.

• Like 1

There are 4 manipulative strategies to control people, and rob them of their energy.

The Intimidator.

The Interrogator Critical

The Aloof.

The Victim

These are acquired, a legacy from our parents or whoever raised us..,

Thailand has enough of these types of manipulators...

Stay home.

ever stop to think that if she is manipulative and mentally abussive that is why you are worried about ending it(what she has made you think like) and that your anger issues are due to what she is doing to you mentally. I had a similar relationship many years ago and walked out on her, best decision I ever made as I returned to being myself again, she really had me under a spell till I realized what was happening. Mate, do a runner but leave all the physical sh*t there, its not wrth coming here if you are going to do a number on the local girls as you will probably end up in a boxw00t.gif

• Like 1

I think you should stay in the US. You're obviously mentally and emotionally unstable. We've got more than enough here already.

Out of curiosity who is "We" ?.....unless your a Thai citizen, as it appears the OP might be, one suspects he has more right to be "here" than you have..whistling.gif

There are 4 manipulative strategies to control people, and rob them of their energy.

The Intimidator.

The Interrogator Critical

The Aloof.

The Victim

These are acquired, a legacy from our parents or whoever raised us..,

Thailand has enough of these types of manipulators...

Stay home.

Thank you Sigmund Freud

Sorry to break the spell - but to a varying degrees all women (Yes including mummy!)
are mentally abusive and manipluative at least 1 week a month!

And if you always listen to your mummy - you will always be a (mummies little) boy.

Man up - but use your brain not your brawn.

Enjoy life - dont let Anyone take that away

Hope you find the right match - mine was 3rd attempt (Mainly cos I was ready)

I'm in a relationship I'm scared to end and feel it will not go anywhere. It's pretty abusive (being honest), I am physically abusive while she is mentally/manipulative abusive.

You're a match made in heaven.

• Like 1

hey there hi i am jason i dont have much time to talk right now but i would really like to talk to you about htis i am in the same boat but my thai wife blowed up most of my boat and im holding all of the little parts together with gum and chewing so fast to keep them rich while i sink and i am going to go down like the titanic no way out while they are now rich but i loved thailand hope to talk soon i wanted to add i have no momma deal but it is hard to keep coming back t the usa after feeling free in thailand just have to stay away from all the best barbie dolls there lol

Edited by imsoscrewedbythaiwife

OP, If you have or can get Thai citizenship and are fluent in Thai, the world is your oyster.

Get a college degree in business In The USA and then move to Thailand. You won't need a work permit and you'll be very valuable being bi-lingual. You'll get a job with an international corporation.

You're still young enough to have a heck of a good time with the rest of your life. You just have to stop sitting on your butt.

Oh, and dump that gal and learn how to treat a woman right after you learn how to make better choices.

• Like 2