Karon police car smashes into parked vehicles in Patong

webfact

Eakkapop Thongtub

1395468441_1.jpg

PHUKET: -- A Karon police officer was asleep when he smashed his squad car into three other vehicles and two motorbikes in front of a rice shop in the middle of a dead end road in Patong on Friday night (March 21).

Kathu Police responded to the scene shortly after 1:30 am and found the police vehicle had smashed the front-end of a silver Honda City, which was parked, and forced it to hit the red Toyota pick-up truck that was directly behind it.

Like a row of dominoes, the truck smashed into the back of a black Honda Wave motorbike, which hit a white Toyota Avanza car, which then hit a red Honda Wave motorbike.

The driver of the Karon police vehicle was identified as Pol. Lance Corp. Tanusorn Jaikaeng, who is an investigation assitant at Karon Police Station.

Kathu police learned that the driver fell asleep as he passed Patong Hospital, then drove across the road and hit the civilian vehicles.

All the damaged cars and motorbikes were taken to Kathu Police Station. Kathu Police said the officer who caused the crash will be subject to the legal process.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/karon-police-car-smashes-into-parked-vehicles-in-patong-45299.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2014-03-22

"Pol. Lance Corp. Tanusorn Jaikaeng, who is an investigation assitant at Karon Police Station." looks like he has a lot to answer for.

"All the damaged cars and motorbikes were taken to Kathu Police Station." - why Kathu, as Patong police station was just down the road. Wonder when the owners will see their cars again ?

• Like 2

"Pol. Lance Corp. Tanusorn Jaikaeng, who is an investigation assitant at Karon Police Station." looks like he has a lot to answer for.

"All the damaged cars and motorbikes were taken to Kathu Police Station." - why Kathu, as Patong police station was just down the road. Wonder when the owners will see their cars again ?

If they have first class insurance and let their insurance company sort it out, shouldn't take very long. But if no first class insurance and the motorbikes, would not surprise me if the answer were 'never'.

Because Tambol Patong is in Amphoe Kathu.

• Like 1

Because Tambol Patong is in Amphoe Kathu.

Question remains, why not to Patong policestation?

why Kathu, as Patong police station was just down the road.

Have a look at the police station in Patong, it is called "Kathu Police Station", quite a few years already...

Ok - I accept that response. Given that I have not been required to go to Patong police station for a very long number of years, I would not know that thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

wonder if the BiB's insurance covers the cost of replacement car rentals until repairs are done...

That is never covered, these expenses are always out of pocket.

I am wondering if they have insurance, in quite a few countries government cars are not insured.

Edited by stevenl
  • Like 1

wonder if the BiB's insurance covers the cost of replacement car rentals until repairs are done...

I am wondering if they have insurance, in quite a few countries government cars are not insured.

Yes, never heard of anyone being offered a replacement car by insurance.

Suspect that all Thai gov vehicle are self insured. Best of luck with any claims.

Yes, never heard of anyone being offered a replacement car by insurance.

Suspect that all Thai gov vehicle are self insured. Best of luck with any claims.

I must amend my own post, AXA has a 1st class cover whereby I think 2 days rental car is covered, but for the insured, not for the other involved party.

I must amend my own post, AXA has a 1st class cover whereby I think 2 days rental car is covered, but for the insured, not for the other involved party.

Really - I have AXA insurance. Must check my policy. That would be good to know.

//update - wow, correct, 2 days car rental (Max baht 1,500 baht/day) and lots of other goodies I never knew about.

• Like 1

Normaly when people fall asleep at the wheel it is when you are on a motorway driving.

Not when you a driving around town, that i have not heard of before.

Most likley he was pissed.

Edited by DLP