Abhisit and Suthep face another murder charge from Wat Prathum case

webfact

Am I the only one who sees this as an opportunity for Abhisit to throw Suthep under the bus?

It would be a convenient way of removing his major rival for control of the Democrat party and if Abhisit emerges "clean" and a "victim" due to Suthep's decision to instruct the use of live fire, then he could have a shot, albeit a long one, at redemption.

Suthep will be a millstone around the Democrat Party unless he can be pushed off to the sidelines.

Yes, you might be the only one who has the assumption "Suthep major rival to Abhisit for control of the Dems party".

Please also note that one of the funny aspects of the Democrats party is that no one seems to really 'control' it. Probably just their mis-interpretation of 'democracy' rolleyes.gif

Please also note that one of the funny aspects of the Democrats party is that no one seems to really 'control' it. Probably just their mis-interpretation of 'democracy'

You actually believe that , don't you?

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The charges are nothing but political propaganda spewed by a failed government desperately seeking to stay in power and avoid the chopping block of their past actions while in power.

The power of the government should not be used to suppress it's political opponents, but that's all we've seen from them for the last several months. Murder charges... where was Tarit two and a half years ago with these charges?

It's a comical reality of this government. "Lie, hide and always deny"

Ah! where have you been? suthep order the army to open fire. He was in acharge, so he should be held resposible just like you yellows say about Yingluck that she should be held responsible.

I'm not a Yellow and I'm deeply offended by you saying so, and that notwithstanding; please tell me and the rest of the TV forum why I'm wrong in anything I posted above?

The problem is he lives like many others with blinkers on

and anything out side their tunnel vision they must look to their supreme enlightener to tell them what to do and say

It common knowledge the charges where put before the courts to force dems to agree to the Get out of Jail Free Card for Thaskin

all comments made about Yingluck are to show a level playing field only

It all cam crashing down when the PM from that time went to face the charges

this was never believed could happen by the PTP

Tleast abhisit will go and face the charges, but EVERYON'S BELOVED SUTHEP does not have time. He is too busy taking photos and ruining the country.

That is more than YOUR BELOVED THAKSIN who is a fugitive criminal from Thai justice. HE isn't even IN the country to answer the charges against him.

• Like 1

The charges are nothing but political propaganda spewed by a failed government desperately seeking to stay in power and avoid the chopping block of their past actions while in power.

The power of the government should not be used to suppress it's political opponents, but that's all we've seen from them for the last several months. Murder charges... where was Tarit two and a half years ago with these charges?

It's a comical reality of this government. "Lie, hide and always deny"

Ah! where have you been? suthep order the army to open fire. He was in acharge, so he should be held resposible just like you yellows say about Yingluck that she should be held responsible.

I can understand if this question is to difficult to answer for you, but do YOU have ANY evidence at all that Suthep ordered the Army to open fire? Other than Thaksins little red book of who to blame about what.

• Like 1

Am I the only one who sees this as an opportunity for Abhisit to throw Suthep under the bus?

It would be a convenient way of removing his major rival for control of the Democrat party and if Abhisit emerges "clean" and a "victim" due to Suthep's decision to instruct the use of live fire, then he could have a shot, albeit a long one, at redemption.

Suthep will be a millstone around the Democrat Party unless he can be pushed off to the sidelines.

Yes, you might be the only one who has the assumption "Suthep major rival to Abhisit for control of the Dems party".

Please also note that one of the funny aspects of the Democrats party is that no one seems to really 'control' it. Probably just their mis-interpretation of 'democracy' rolleyes.gif

Please also note that one of the funny aspects of the Democrats party is that no one seems to really 'control' it. Probably just their mis-interpretation of 'democracy'

You actually believe that , don't you?

Does it matter in this particular topic what I believe or not?

Let's just say that the thought of Abhisit or Suthep being in control of the Democrats party is just as hilarious as Ms. Yingluck stating in a censure debate "I'm in charge"

DSI Director-General Tharit Pengdit said the murder charge against Mr Abhisit and Mr Suthep was the result of the court’s ruling that the six people at Wat Prathum were shot dead by authorities on 19 May 2010 when the then government dispersed the “red-shirt” protesters.

If I remember well, the court found that the victims were shot with bullets from a type of rifle like the ones used by the army. That's all. The court did not rule who actually fires the rifle.

Is that the result of an independent and unbiased investigation by DSI? Well, I guess now we know how "neutral" they are.

Let's see if the Office of the Attorney General with actually file the charges. Last time they did, Yingluck rewarded them with hefty salary increases.

Your memory is faulty. Aren't you embarrassed by defending the army in this case?

Maybe some of the witness accounts may jog your memory, or at the very least, your compassion http://prachatai.com/english/node/3462 . I have provided a link for the full transcript of inquest results elsewhere on this forum.

In an unprecedented move, the court went further than stating that the 6 civilians were killed by the soldier; its inquest also disputed the soldiers′ explanation of their action as a necessary "self-defence" against the shadowy armed militants who, according to the soldiers, were blending in with the crowd around the temple and shooting at the military personnel. http://www.khaosod.co.th/en/view_newsonline.php?newsid=TVRNM05UYzRORFF6TWc9PQ==&

Are we talking about the same inquest result here? The one with

"Based on an autopsy report, the court said the six victims were killed by .223 high velocity bullets from the direction of government forces on a BTS skytrain station in front of Wat Pathum Wanaram on Rama I Road – a restricted area under the order of the now-defunct Centre for the Resolution of the Emergency Situation."

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/658898-state-forces-blamed-for-murder-of-six-at-temple-site-in-2010-protest/

So whats next murder charge's against Yingluck because the airforce waited to long before reporting to Malaysia about the missing plane

These charges of Murder would be thrown out of court in the first hearing in any western country

But Thailand loves to play games and holds court hearing like my daughter has tea parties

Guess it proves they have a reason for being

Really? And you're a fully qualified lawyer that can back this up then? Or are you offering a mere opinion based on your humungous amount of experience with such cases across the Western Hemisphere?? rolleyes.gif

In order to be found guilty of murder, the prosecution would have to prove premeditation. That means, they have to prove exactly what Abhisit ordered and that he knew that the orders he gave would have the specific effect of killing these people in the Wat and that is exactly what he wanted.

And that has to be beyond any reasonable doubt.

I have no doubt that any Western court would acquit Abhisit or probably send the files straight back to the AG without even setting a trial. (and I happen to be a lawyer).

• Like 1

And since we all like to rehash the March to May 2010 fun:

"No "men in black" or armed assailants were present, no arms were found at the scene of the killings and no traces of gunpowder were found on the fingers of the victims, the court said.

Payao, the mother of Kamolket, said she had full confidence in the court's findings in this case because of the details pointing out who shot the six people. "In an amnesty bill, we must go into detail that state officials who over-reacted must not be pardoned," she said."

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/658898-state-forces-blamed-for-murder-of-six-at-temple-site-in-2010-protest/page-2#entry6691641

Of course we did have an army which got grenades lobbed on them, a group of journalists and reporters scared shitless when a firecracker was dropped in their midst just before vanderGrift got a real grenade, fights which even lasted through the night, but obviously [sic] the army was in control.

Nothing will be found against them , simply because the courts are sympathetic with the Ammart ( Hi-so class)

It's not about being one of the 'ammart', whoever they are, but having power and influence.....as in the case of Duangchalerm for example.

Then you literally can get away with murder,

" The Department of Special Investigation (DSI) has closed the case of the shooting of six people at Wat Prathum Wanaram temple. A murder charge has been pressed against former Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva and his deputy Suthep Thaugsuban."

This is a genuine question. Is the DSI supposed to be completely unbiased?

Nothing will be found against them , simply because the courts are sympathetic with the Ammart ( Hi-so class)

They may have evidence we haven't seen but from what we have the killings appear to be due to the army acting outside their ROE so it can't be blamed on the ROE given to them by Abhisit and Suthep. Still if it keeps you happy coming out with the biased courts stuff, fine.

On the subject of bias why aren't the army being investigated?

The word of the month, the reds have learnt a new word and can't stop using it. Do you really think it is necessary to tell us what it means, it's not like it hasn't been used a trillion times in posts.

So whats next murder charge's against Yingluck because the airforce waited to long before reporting to Malaysia about the missing plane

These charges of Murder would be thrown out of court in the first hearing in any western country

But Thailand loves to play games and holds court hearing like my daughter has tea parties

Guess it proves they have a reason for being

Rubbish, they wouldn't throw the charges out of court. Either these soldiers were acting under orders or they weren't.

attachicon.gifsnipers-on-skytrain-2010.jpg

The footage is there, the witnesses are there, we know it was army snipers, and the court has ruled (back in June 2013) that Suthep and Abhisit gave the orders to shoot. So they face their charges.

They were under orders (ROE) and in the cases so far investigated it was shown that those shot weren't acting in a way that would have permitted the soldiers to shoot so by firing the shots they were acting outside their orders. They weren't given orders to shoot anyone thay wanted to which you would see if you read the translation of the ROE.

Tarit is an absolute disgrace

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

so suthep was justified to orederthe killing of people in the temple????????????

No if he'd done that he wouldn't be justified but since he didn't what's your point?

Interesting. So, Abhisit and Suthep are "Ammart(Hi-so class)" whereas Yingluck, granddaughter of Princess Jantip na Chiangmai, one of the world's richest women even though she never did a days work in her life, thrust into power solely because of her genes, is not a member of this so-called Ammart that you speak of????

It shows who has believed the Amsterdam/red shirt propaganda without thinking through the (lack of) logic.

If Thaksin and the Shins are 'Amart', why was he prosecuted and given jail time? That never happens to 'Amart'.

Excuse me

but the word is given not served

"Excuse me

but the word is given not served"

I wrote given, so what is your point?

" The Department of Special Investigation (DSI) has closed the case of the shooting of six people at Wat Prathum Wanaram temple. A murder charge has been pressed against former Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva and his deputy Suthep Thaugsuban."

how long have you been in Thailand 5 mins

The police are famous for charging people for criminal crimes that where no where near the scene

A you said then they can close the books and get on with making tea money

I can have you charged with any crime I want if I want spend some money in Thailand

that does not mean you are guilty

It just means you upset me or it in my interest to do so

• Like 1

It's really tedious continually accusing Abhisit and Suthep of murder. Both of them are innocent. There is no case. Waste of money, and waste of everyone's time. They acted within Thai law. All their actions were lawful and according to Thai law and Thai constitution. Whoever got killed on that particular day had plenty of time to lie down their weapons and go home. They were warned numerous times. For heaven's sake, Thai government at that time was dealing with the armed insurrection led by a renegade general. Get some perspective.

• Like 2

The first part of your comments is correct, but the reason is that they cannot be found guilty of murder if they did not have the "finger on the trigger"...!

If they wanted to try to make something stick, then perhaps they could bring charges of "conspiracy to murder", but then, they are not that clever are they...?!

Conspiracy to murder would only come into play if the actual murder did not take place. If the alleged homicide is a fact, then the guy who ordered it is guilty of murder, not merely conspiracy.

It doesn't matter to the people who are driving these charges, how far the charges ever get. They get their headline, "Abhisit and Suthep facing murder charge", and that is job done, because there are enough people who will simply read the headline, without knowing the back story, and forever connect these two people with murder. Fling enough mud and some of it will eventually stick. It's a bit like a man who gets accused of pedophilia. Even if he totally clears his name, there are plenty of people who will go on believing that person a pedophile, on the basis of no smoke without fire.

And what was the reason Tarit declared that Thaksin could not be connected with any of the demonstrations or found at all culpable for any of it? Seem to recall it was something along the lines of, well physically he wasn't here, so that means he can't be guilty. Have you ever heard of such a flimsy argument? I mean, if physically being absent is sufficient proof to show no involvement, that argument could just as validly be made by a person 500 metres away, as a person 5,000 kilometres away. Somebody is either there or they are not. What has how far got to do with anything? Just goes to show what a farce this has all sadly become.

Edited by rixalex
  • Like 2

"Based on an autopsy report, the court said the six victims were killed by .223 high velocity bullets from the direction of government forces on a BTS skytrain station in front of Wat Pathum Wanaram on Rama I Road – a restricted area under the order of the now-defunct Centre for the Resolution of the Emergency Situation."

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/658898-state-forces-blamed-for-murder-of-six-at-temple-site-in-2010-protest/

Yes we are.

The difference is you are quoting the MCT article and not the full transcript of the Inquest (subsequently translated into English and reported as Army killed 6 civilians in numerous local and foreign media).

I'm stunned that you and others are still in denial about this despicable act by the army and actually help to protect the myth that the army were not responsible for the killing of the 6 innocent civilians. Actually my feelings go deeper than that , I think it is sick - what do you have to gain by trying to maintain the armys supposed innocence in this? Anything but Thaksin , eh, no matter how low you have to go?

You prefer to believe the likes of this

Spokesman Colonel Sansern Kaewkamnerd said unidentified snipers were responsible for deaths at the temple. http://www.nationmultimedia.com/home/2010/05/31/national/Mysterious-death-at-Wat-Pathum-Wanaram-30130490.html

over this? (which is the missing preceding section of the inquest ruling quoted by MCT)

At 09.00, the South Bangkok Criminal Court read an order after completing the post mortem inquest of six deaths that occurred inside Wat Pathum Wanaram Ratcha Worawiharn as a result of the demonstrations on the Rama I Road.

At the request of the public prosecutors of the Office of Attorney General for an inquest on the death of six persons inside Wat Pathum Wanaram Ratcha Worawiharn as it was possible that the deaths have been caused by the act of competent officials who claimed to have performed their official duties. The Court was asked to investigate and rule on who the deceased were, where they died, when they died, causes and circumstances around their deaths as per Section 150 of the Criminal Procedure Code.
After reviewing evidence submitted by the petitioners and relatives of the six deceased including eye-witnesses and other experts, the Court was convinced that the first and the third to the sixth deceased were shot dead by high velocity .223 or 5.56 mm bullets which had been fired by competent officials who were military officials under the charge of Ranger Battalion, Special Force Group 2, Erawan Military Camp while the officials were stationed on the BTS rail tracks. The second deceased was shot dead by high velocity .223 or 5.56 mm bullets which had been fired by competent officials who were military officials under the charge of the 2nd Infantry Battalion, 31st Infantry Division the King’s Guard while the officials were stationed on the BTS rail tracks.

Deny that.

It's really tedious continually accusing Abhisit and Suthep of murder. Both of them are innocent. There is no case. Waste of money, and waste of everyone's time. They acted within Thai law. All their actions were lawful and according to Thai law and Thai constitution. Whoever got killed on that particular day had plenty of time to lie down their weapons and go home. They were warned numerous times. For heaven's sake, Thai government at that time was dealing with the armed insurrection led by a renegade general. Get some perspective.

We're talking about the deaths at the temple here. Innocent people shot by soldiers. What does your ridiculous theory that innocent people "had plenty of time to lie down their weapons and go home" have to do with the killings in the temple

Save that rhetoric for one of the other threads, not this one - irrelevant and in bad taste.

• Like 1

"No "men in black" or armed assailants were present, no arms were found at the scene of the killings and no traces of gunpowder were found on the fingers of the victims, the court said.

Payao, the mother of Kamolket, said she had full confidence in the court's findings in this case because of the details pointing out who shot the six people. "In an amnesty bill, we must go into detail that state officials who over-reacted must not be pardoned," she said."

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/658898-state-forces-blamed-for-murder-of-six-at-temple-site-in-2010-protest/page-2#entry6691641

Of course we did have an army which got grenades lobbed on them, a group of journalists and reporters scared shitless when a firecracker was dropped in their midst just before vanderGrift got a real grenade, fights which even lasted through the night, but obviously [sic] the army was in control.

And just how relevant is that to the killings in the temple on May 19th? I'll save you the bother, not at all.

So it was Abhisit and Prayith that refused to investigate the Army, not Tarit? I was of the understanding that it was a Tarit/DSI decision, and considering that the Police/DSI are your lackeys one would have to question why.

Sounds to me like your last sentence is a tad like the kettle calling the pot black considering PT's track record lol

Did I say abhisit and prayuth refused to investigate the army? No, I didn't.

What were you "suggesting" then in that case? You quoted both Abhisit and Prayuth, so what was the point you were making Dr. Bruce?

• Like 1

Yes we are.

The difference is you are quoting the MCT article and not the full transcript of the Inquest (subsequently translated into English and reported as Army killed 6 civilians in numerous local and foreign media).

I'm stunned that you and others are still in denial about this despicable act by the army and actually help to protect the myth that the army were not responsible for the killing of the 6 innocent civilians. Actually my feelings go deeper than that , I think it is sick - what do you have to gain by trying to maintain the armys supposed innocence in this? Anything but Thaksin , eh, no matter how low you have to go?

Spokesman Colonel Sansern Kaewkamnerd said unidentified snipers were responsible for deaths at the temple. http://www.nationmultimedia.com/home/2010/05/31/national/Mysterious-death-at-Wat-Pathum-Wanaram-30130490.html

over this? (which is the missing preceding section of the inquest ruling quoted by MCT)

At 09.00, the South Bangkok Criminal Court read an order after completing the post mortem inquest of six deaths that occurred inside Wat Pathum Wanaram Ratcha Worawiharn as a result of the demonstrations on the Rama I Road.

At the request of the public prosecutors of the Office of Attorney General for an inquest on the death of six persons inside Wat Pathum Wanaram Ratcha Worawiharn as it was possible that the deaths have been caused by the act of competent officials who claimed to have performed their official duties. The Court was asked to investigate and rule on who the deceased were, where they died, when they died, causes and circumstances around their deaths as per Section 150 of the Criminal Procedure Code.
After reviewing evidence submitted by the petitioners and relatives of the six deceased including eye-witnesses and other experts, the Court was convinced that the first and the third to the sixth deceased were shot dead by high velocity .223 or 5.56 mm bullets which had been fired by competent officials who were military officials under the charge of Ranger Battalion, Special Force Group 2, Erawan Military Camp while the officials were stationed on the BTS rail tracks. The second deceased was shot dead by high velocity .223 or 5.56 mm bullets which had been fired by competent officials who were military officials under the charge of the 2nd Infantry Battalion, 31st Infantry Division the King’s Guard while the officials were stationed on the BTS rail tracks.

Deny that.

Was this the same Court that denied the existence of any MiB at the protests entirely?

And just how relevant is that to the killings in the temple on May 19th? I'll save you the bother, not at all.

Well, the court said 'no nothing there', but that very day the army was struggling. So, there's your relevance.

• Like 1

We're talking about the deaths at the temple here. Innocent people shot by soldiers. What does your ridiculous theory that innocent people "had plenty of time to lie down their weapons and go home" have to do with the killings in the temple

Save that rhetoric for one of the other threads, not this one - irrelevant and in bad taste.

They weren't innocent; they were armed by all accounts. Don't dish out what you can't take. Case closed.

how long have you been in Thailand 5 mins

The police are famous for charging people for criminal crimes that where no where near the scene

A you said then they can close the books and get on with making tea money

I can have you charged with any crime I want if I want spend some money in Thailand

that does not mean you are guilty

It just means you upset me or it in my interest to do so

Thank you ?

Apart from your unpleasantness I did not understand what you were saying. A mere 'yes' or 'no' would have sufficed.

"...that where no where near..."

"A you said..."

"..I want if I want spend some.."

"...or it in my interest to do so..."

Enjoy yourself and have a great life.

Yes we are.

Deny that.

Just for your info, I provided the link which gives many more bulletins with 'fuller' text.

As for the "fired by competent officials" it ends with "whilst no particular perpetrators can be identified.". therefor the DSI will charge Abhisit/Suthep for premeditated murder as private persons.

BTW I would not be surprised if indeed the military caused those deaths, I'm just amazed that some deny the army was still in an, at times fierce battle against 'unknown' militants. Under those circumstances anything can happen, even the unfortunate.

Edited by rubl
  • Like 1

They weren't innocent; they were armed by all accounts. Don't dish out what you can't take. Case closed.

Then the same applies again to Suthep re the popcorn shooter and his villain! Argue that....

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE 8.2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app