Election Commission turns down CMPO's budget request

webfact

No surprise the Electoral Commission doesn't want the Department of Special Investigations to investigate crimes committed.

And as long as the Electoral Commission doesn't hold an election it remains in effective control of the government, able to block funding for the country, preventing criminal investigation of their crimes, and holding the country to hostage.

What does this have to do with the investigations of the DSI?

The budget request was for the CMPO.

Sent from my phone...

I'm a wee bit confused. I thought that the CMPO was 'downgraded' to CAPO with the Emergency Decree lifted and the ISA put into effect.

Wouldn't that mean the CAPO could have inherited this budget request? If so, wouldn't the 'more relaxed' security situation mean a lesser need for budget?

They spent the money already. Their excuse was that they didn't have time to submit a budget to the EC for pre-approval (two months). This may open the door for prosecution of those who spent the money without proper authority. Thaksin puppet governments always have the hardest time to follow proper procedure (Flood Protection, Infrastructure Improvement, etc.). They spent nearly $78 million in two months and can't give details of where the money was spent. They've been corrupt so long that they couldn't be honest if they wanted to.

From what was reported elsewhere this is the budget that (the DSI) CMPO has already allocated for the SOE.

It would seem they have paid 200 staff at the DSI 3333 B per day and the police 700 B per day as an allowance.

However the EC said the accounting for the money spent was "incomplete" and did not show where the money had gone.

Should also be remembered that the DSI had already been given 1.2 billion from the central fund for the CMPO.

From the 700 Baht the deducted a lot for food, which was incredibly expensive and the police complained a lot about the poor quality.

Some Shinawatra might has made a lot money again.....

You know the individual policemen didn't get to keep all of that money. Most of it went to kick-backs that can't be traced.

Transparency and accountability.

Two words that are an anathema to the PTP.

Link to anathema

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anathema

Look under the second grouping item #4 and also under generic usage.

In general usage, the word "anathema" is employed mainly to describe vehement disagreement with or dislike of something.

How interesting that because you had to look it up you assume somebody else would have to as well. What's that saying again about being quiet, or removing all doubt?

I looked it up because there are many words and sayings that I almost remember so in order to satisfy myself first I look it it. It is called research.

I posted the link because not everybody may understand it so I treid to make my post more comprehensible for anybody who may care to read it.

If you didn't like they way I linked it then you could have just passed along with no comment as I do on many posts.