Wanna buy a house in Thailand with your Thai wife / GF? Think twice and DON'T DO IT.

gp2002

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I compare it to my car loan.

If my loan is for four years. She makes six months worth of payments and I pay off the remaining 3.5 years. Now the car loan is paid off. A year later, I decide to sell the car.

I will pay her back for the payments that she made because it's the right thing to do.

Gee guys! You know one woman, one single Thai woman and that is enough to know how all other 30 million women in Thailand are!

My somewhat limited experience is different. I know about a dozen farang here in Thailand, married to a Thai woman and having their house in her name. Most of them for longer than 15 years. They have a family, kids, job etc.... a normal life.

Oh, and I count myself in the same category.

Nobody can guarantee that my marriage will last forever, I know. But I believe I know my wife after 16 years of marriage and I know, worst case scenario, I will loose the house. But think of the alternatives. Right.

Either you have to pay a rent or live in a condo.

The rent for a nice house in Bangkok would be around THB 60,000 pM. After 10 years you have spent a total of THB 7,2 mio. That's just about the value of the house. Except if you bought the house, you still have that value. If you rent, that money is gone. We bought the house, in her name. The kids have a home. Even if one day I am no longer there.

YES......I was paying rent for about 4 years, that's why WE decided to buy a house. I was now making the mortgage payments (NOT PAYING RENT). I was making an investment (or so I thought), so that is why I am asking for some of my money, THAT I INVESTED, back.

The rent for a nice house in Bangkok would be around THB 60,000 pM. After 10 years you have spent a total of THB 7,2 mio. That's just about the value of the house. Except if you bought the house, you still have that value.on't get the

That price::rent ratio seems way off to me, usually in Thailand is more like 20, often 30 years. I pay 12,000 for a 5-storey shophouse, and similar ones in the neighborhood are going for 4.5M+.

It's true that's up from around 3M from when I started apparently due to the fact we remained flood-free here.

And YOU don't get the value back. As long as you see it as a gift, legacy for your kids, no problem.

I compare it to my car loan.

If my loan is for four years. She makes six months worth of payments and I pay off the remaining 3.5 years. Now the car loan is paid off. A year later, I decide to sell the car.

I will pay her back for the payments that she made because it's the right thing to do.

YES......I was paying rent for about 4 years, that's why WE decided to buy a house. I was now making the mortgage payments (NOT PAYING RENT). I was making an investment (or so I thought), so that is why I am asking for some of my money, THAT I INVESTED, back.

That you THOUGHT you were investing when in fact it was an outright gift all along.

Why are you so hung up on "fair"? You must be very young, or lived a very sheltered life - Life isn't actually fair.

Least of all most ex-spouses. Chalk it up to an expensive lesson learned, and walk away.

Or spend more money and keep yourself in stressed-out hell pursuing revenge, up to you. . .

• Like 1

Gotta agree with the OP, every Thai woman are the same as the OP's......................... with no exception

Again, for the benefit of the tape

God and i did not realise that both my wives in the UK were Thai ,like someone else said ,they didn;t look it .and i lost half the houses i paid for both times plus the f---ing shirt off my back.and there the homes were in my name.

I feel you do not understand genealogy, both were third generation Thai living in the UK, and you did not notice those two supposedly UK women were actually Thai, shame on you.......

For the benefit of the tape

Not sure what rock you crawled out from under but...

This is so commonly known these days that have done any reading on Thailand and relationships that I figure most people know the stories and risks involved.

So complaining after the fact is soon becoming more like a whine. And nobody likes a man who whines.

Not sure what rock you crawled out from under but...

This is so commonly known these days that have done any reading on Thailand and relationships that I figure most people know the stories and risks involved.

So complaining after the fact is soon becoming more like a whine. And nobody likes a man who whines.

Doing a thing with good intentions and, probably, trust and then getting <deleted>, is no reason to whinge you think ? He has every reason to it IMO. In fact you are saying; naivety deserves no reciprocity ! Edited by benalibina
  • Like 2

For your information...................she's not a prostitute so don't automatically make that assumption. And who says that your "so-called" normal relationships with successful women won't end up like this??

Screwing others (including family members) for money is what Thais seem to do. How do you think the wealthy Thais became wealthy?

Sentence 1

You claim she's not a prostitute.

Sentence 2

You define all as prostitutes (screwing others for money).

Sorry for your loss, forget it and move on, women take houses from men, normal behaviour all over the world.

Sort of makes me glad I'm too old to have any interest in sex.

For your information...................she's not a prostitute so don't automatically make that assumption. And who says that your "so-called" normal relationships with successful women won't end up like this??

Screwing others (including family members) for money is what Thais seem to do. How do you think the wealthy Thais became wealthy?

Sentence 1

You claim she's not a prostitute.

Sentence 2

You define all as prostitutes (screwing others for money).

Sorry for your loss, forget it and move on, women take houses from men, normal behaviour all over the world.

Sort of makes me glad I'm too old to have any interest in sex.

I used the word "screwing" in place of ripping people off.

I used the word "screwing" in place of ripping people off.

Fair enough, why not just look at it as her providing sex in return for the loan payments.

Loan repayments are about 2% of the capital a year for the first 10 years.

On a 30 year repayment mortgage.

4 years of repayments only amount to about 8% of the house value at most.

I wouldn't think that would even be worth arguing about.

It's not as if you have to keep paying.

Walk away and forget it.

• Like 1