Uk Tv On Dvd!

mallmagician

Hi All,

Further to an old post of mine about getting Eastenders in Thailand, I have gone with an interesting solution.

I have bought a DVD recorder for a family member, and they are happy to program it to record anything from terrestrial TV directly onto DVD, and then mail them periodically to me in Thailand!

Anyway, thought I would extend this service to all you good folks on the Chiang Mai TV Forum!

Nice and easy, just check out the UK TV listings (BBC1, BBC2, ITV, CHANNEL 4 and FIVE), and let me know either by PM, Email or by posting on here, if there is something you would like. Once I receive the discs with the stuff on, I'll just copy the relevant one, and drop it in at Gecko books (If Gecko don't mind???) with your TV name. Then you can just bob in and collect it.

I don't want any money for this, and obviously if your request clashes with another one, you ain't in luck. If there is sufficient interest in a particular series or soap, I can just run a few copies off.

I hope this doesn't breach the rules, and i hope this service is of use to one and all!

Many Thanks, and hopefully I'll see some of you all at the pi$$up I'm trying to organise for the 7th July.

Regards

Phil - The Mallmagician

Now wouldnt that be stealing as the programs are copyright?

Its a fair point, but only as much as videoing tv in the first place. Why sell DVD recorders, and video recorders? Surely by buying one, this would constitute intent to copyright theft? Recording TV is legal in the UK, otherwise these things wouldn't be for sale.

But, lets not get "off topic". I don't want this to turn into a debate! Its just an offer for those that want to take me up on it! Just trying to be helpful, as so many have been to me on this forum.

CHeers

Phil

Genuinely I think thats a great and noble thing to do....but did'nt we all get away from such crappitto as Eastenders :D I reiterate a most noble offer, congrats :o

:D Yes, it is crappitto! But we all need a little crappitto in order to measure the joys in life!

Seriously though, there's loads of good stuff on UK tv, and I promise not to limit you all to soaps!

Cheers for the positive post! :D

Phil

Yes well said, there are quality progs in the uk, be it comedy(worlds No1), documentaries etc, etc.

I hope it has a successful response, because although I have to go back to the UK for a couple of months I would definitely be interested in this offer around Sept. (even though I would be travelling from Mae Sot).

All the best, it's good to see some honest to goodness Jai Dee :o

There seems to be some concern as to the legality of doing this, so as per TV Rules & Regs, I'm afraid I must close this thread.

Please contact Mallmagician by PM for further discussion.

BTW - Eastenders are available here on UBC - BBC Prime.