Big Phuket helmet giveaway tomorrow morning - don't miss it!

webfact

Big Phuket helmet giveaway tomorrow morning - don't miss it!
The Phuket News

1396510632_1.jpg
Got a head? Get a helmet - free!!

PHUKET: -- The big motorbike helmet giveaway by Class Act Media and friends takes place tomorrow morning (Friday, April 4) in front of company’s offices in Billion Plaza, opposite Tesco-Lotus on the bypass road.

From the lights, head towards Patong. After just 100 metres you will see the event – part of Class Act Media's "Safe Driving Saves Lives" campaign – on the left side of the road (see map, below).

Eight hundred helmets will be given away to all-comers by Class Act Media and co-sponsor Siam Guardian Services, whose staff will also change defective motorbike light bulbs – free.

For early birds, coffee and soft drinks will be served from 7 to 8am, before Phuket Governor Maitri Inthusut arrives at around 8:15. He will make a short speech after which there will be a group photo and then a quick quiz on road safety for students from Kathu Witthaya School.

At 9:30 dozens of motorbikes – with riders all wearing helmets – will drive in procession from Billion Plaza to Kathu Municipality Intersection and then Central Festival, and back to Billion Plaza.

Then, at 10:30, anyone can line up and receive a free motorcycle helmet – on a first-come, first-served basis. Motorbike lights will also be fixed at this time. Road safety stickers will also be given out to anyone to stick to their bike or car. Bottles of water will be available for all.

The event is being supported by the Governor’s Office, Thung Thong Police, Kathu Municipality, Bake restaurant and Arrow Media.

Class Act Media is the owner of The Phuket News and its sister Russian-language newspaper Novosti Phuketa, the Phuket Live 89.5 FM radio station and Phuket News TV, the island’s premier online TV service.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/big-phuket-helmet-giveaway-tomorrow-morning-dont-miss-it-45514.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2014-04-03

Any farang that takes this above a local (especially school kids) deserves a kick in the helmet!

I was thinking of getting one as a souvenir and hanging it on my wall.

When's the last time you got something for free on Phuket? cheesy.gif

Everytime you walk past tuk tuk drivers, free abuse!

You must be special, you get abused. I only get a snarl, which makes me smile more. :)

Any farang that takes this above a local (especially school kids) deserves a kick in the helmet!

Everytime you walk past tuk tuk drivers, free abuse!

You must be special, you get abused. I only get a snarl, which makes me smile more. smile.png

I am very special, mummy says so.......

Road safety stickers will also be given out to anyone to stick to their bike or car

Way to go - this will protect them against accidents rolleyes.gif

Are you mad??? Only trinkets with the blessing of old bolkes do that! oh yeah and tattoos.... but special ones mind

Well, maybe that only time,

She was really in need of a man....

• Like 1

Are these the 99 baht variety, or a bit more expensive? Overall this might be a very cheap marketing idea that only costs 8000 baht, gets them free media advertising, and if stickers are on the helmet, long term exposure, plus it's just a nice thing to do for the community.

Class Act media gives away 800 helmets to Phuket motorcyclists
Anthika Muangrod

1396613180_1-org.jpg
Gov Maitri Inthusut puts his helmet on, with help from Thung Tong Police commander Col Thitirat Asakit.

PHUKET: -- Class Act Media, owners of The Phuket News, in collaboration with Siam Guardian Services today (April 4) held a highly successful road safety campaign event, the highlight of which was the giving away of 800 motorcycle helmets.

Hundreds joined the event, including a gang of big bikes from Phuket Bike Week, which led a parade of bikes from the event to Kathu, and then to Central and back to the event site, to publicise the wearing of helmets on motorbikes.

The main speaker at the event, which is part of Class Act Media’s ongoing “Safe Driving Saves Lives” campaign, was Phuket Governor Maitri Inthusut.

Also in attendance were the Mayor of Kathu Chai-anan Suthikul, Col Thitirat Asakit, Superintendent of Thung Thong, and representatives of the Tourism Authority of Thailand and the Department of Disaster Prevention and Mitigation.

“It’s my pleasure to be here as a host of the Safety Road Campaign opening ceremony,” said the Governor, looking out at the traffic flowing past. “In rush hour, everybody is rushing to their destinations and sometimes we forget to care about safety, both ours and that of others.

“Sometimes, we ignore speed limits, traffic lights, and traffic signs. Of course, by doing so we may arrive at our destination in time, but we may also causing harm and risk to other people.”

“In rush hours, when every minute is money, we should think whether risking life and possessions is really worth arriving at our destination on time. We should take time to check out rear-view mirror, be aware of traffic signs and of others who are driving on the same road.

“Everybody has a risk on the road. Will it be better to help each other reducing that risk? Drive on the left, stop when you see people crossing the road and when you come to a red light. Wear a helmet or, in a car, fasten your seat belt. Look after the safety of people near you.

“It’s not hard to do and it only takes a few minutes, and it will ensure you arrive at your destination safely. This is a worthy dedication.”

Gov Maitri also said that people living on the island need to “change from being people to being citizens”.

He explained, “Normal people don’t care about how their actions affect others in the community. They don’t care about wearing helmets or respecting the rules of the road.

“But ‘citizens’ are always aware of the consequences of their actions. They know the law and the rules. They care about the community.”

The governor also proposed that the languages on traffic signs should be expanded to include Chinese and Russian as well as the current Thai and English. “If we have these,” he said, “we can reduce road accident eventually.”

More importantly, he said, “Don’t drive drunk, wear a helmet, and don’t use your phone while driving.”

Class Act Media managing director Simon Samaan said afterwards, "The event was a great success. I believe that road safety is the responsibility of the entire community, not just the government but also the private sector.

"I was delighted that we got so much support from the Governor and the Province, and Kathu Municipality and Thung Tong Police, but also from private companies, especially SGS, which donated helmets and replaced defective motorbike lights.

"It's the second time we have done this. The first time we gave away 400 helmets. This time it was twice that number. Plainly, a lot of people out there still lack helmets, so we will definitely be doing this again."

In addition to the helmet giveaway and the motorbike parade, the event included a road safety quiz for students from Kathu Wittaya School with prizes for the winners.

Class Act Media thanks co-sponsors Barry Buck and Siam Guardian Services, Narong Hemprapan and Kannika Noosupasit of Arrow Media, Bake restaurant, Absolutely Phuket (Slushy Phuket), Phuket Bike Week, Kathu Municipality and Thung Tong Police.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/class-act-media-gives-away-800-helmets-to-phuket-motorcyclists-45541.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2014-04-05

Are these the 99 baht variety, or a bit more expensive? Overall this might be a very cheap marketing idea that only costs 8000 baht, gets them free media advertising, and if stickers are on the helmet, long term exposure, plus it's just a nice thing to do for the community.

Looking at the above photo, hammer.....nail.....head.

• Like 2