if a Thai girl who isn't a bar girl accepts money for sex....

ve741

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

College educated, has a bachelors degree...

Did your friend gain a B.A. from college?

how is that relevant to anything

It's relevant because a B.A. would be gained from a university.

Your story doesn't add up.

Nice try.

I believe that Khao San Road is also authorised to issue degrees, from many different places-of-education ? rolleyes.gif

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could it be you're too lazy to look up the difference?

Many - probably most - Americans use the words "college" and "university" interchangeably. It does not matter what some article claims on the Internet.

The internet is always right.

However, I wouldn't presume to know what words (300+ million) people use. I'm referring to the words the institutions use.

PS: She's not a hooker. She's an entrepreneur (according to the internet).

Edited by rijb

Many - probably most - Americans use the words "college" and "university" interchangeably. It does not matter what some article claims on the Internet.

The internet is always right.

However, I wouldn't presume to know what words (300+ million) people use. I'm referring to the words the institutions use.

PS: She's not a hooker. She's an entrepreneur (according to the internet).

Good points - I have never once in my life heard an American say that they went to a university but you are correct many if not most colleges are universities at least the larger ones.

Nice try.

Not all places make a separation between college and university, to many people the terms are interchangeable. Also it doesn't have to be BA degree, could be BEng, BSc, BBa...

• Like 1

Nice try.

Not all places make a separation between college and university, to many people the terms are interchangeable. Also it doesn't have to be BA degree, could be BEng, BSc, BBa...

Unless a person went to college, they wouldnt know the difference between University or College as,

University is what the school calls itself, American dialect has us referring to them , as colleges

In any western country to accept money for sex will be considered prostitution. But in Thailand this is quite different. In Thailand its generelly not accepted for a girl to have sex with someone she isnt married to, or to have a one night stand, a short term relationship or similar. On the other hand - if the sex is payed for its much more likely accepted than if not. Thats the moral and etichs in Thailand.....

• Like 1

I like living in Thailand.

There are many things here I am vocally against. And I still like it.

But one thing I really hate is farangs bashing Thais for what is not Thai specific.

I agree 100% with this statement. And this happens on TV all the freakin time. Not just on this topic, but pretty much every other topic under the sun.

In any western country to accept money for sex will be considered prostitution. But in Thailand this is quite different. In Thailand its generelly not accepted for a girl to have sex with someone she isnt married to, or to have a one night stand, a short term relationship or similar. On the other hand - if the sex is payed for its much more likely accepted than if not. Thats the moral and etichs in Thailand.....

If I read you correctly, then most of the girls we interact with, are indeed prostitutes,

its just that some also have day jobs.

• Like 1

Nice try.

In the United States people refer to university as college.

Yours was not a nice try.

It does add up!

• Like 1

Although it's irrelevant to this thread, it's also perfectly true that a student in the U.S. can earn a bachelor's degree at any number of different colleges.

Technically, colleges and universities are different. But in the U.S. both can and do offer bachelor's degrees. And in common conversation, people do indeed tend to use the words interchangeably.

The U.S. schools that can't and don't award bachelor's degrees are called "community colleges," which can only award two-year associate of arts (AA) degrees.

Usage of the word college varies in English-speaking nations. A college may be a degree-awarding tertiary educational institution, a part of a collegiate university, or an institution offering vocational education.

In the United States, "college" formally refers to a constituent part of a university. In the US, "college" and "university" are interchangeable,[1] whereas in Ireland, the UK, New Zealand, Australia, Canada and other former and present Commonwealth nations, "college" may refer to a secondary or high school, a college of further education, a training institution that awards trade qualifications, or a constituent part of a university.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/College

I didn't find anything amiss with the OP's original wording on this. Lots of people are "college educated" meaning they attended some college. But attending is not the same as completing and actually getting a degree. There are lots of people in the world who are college educated but don't have degrees.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1

Pimp her out, and use the money to fund your own lavish lifestyle in the LOS mate.

What's her number, I am feeling a bit toey this morning, might go plonk on inside her. What's her going rate?

#idiot #whodatesinternetthaichicks #&lt;deleted&gt;

• Like 1

What the hell are you talking about? I swear half you fuxers on these boards seem like you're drunk or senile 90% of the time.

The most convincing trolls are intelligent.

Could it be that the OP is American in which case the aforementioned degree was attained at a college (known to others as a university?)

http://studyusa.com/en/a/107/what-is-the-difference-between-a-school-college-and-university-in-the-usa

Most "colleges" are separate schools. They are not located in a university. Some colleges are part of a university and are located on the university campus. (The "campus" is the school buildings and surrounding area). A few colleges offer graduate programs in selected subjects. However, it is usually universities that offer graduate programs. So, Americans use the word" university" and not "college" when they talk about graduate study.

That proves nothing, it could have just been a casually written sentence when he said that she had a BA from a college. If you asked most Americans what the difference is between a university and a college they probably would not be able to tell you. On top of that it is possible to earn both a BA and a MA degree from many American schools that have the word "college" in their name.

Edited by AngelsLariat

Good one.... It looks like a large majority of normal Thai girls are used to the money for sex exchange from the college days. A friend of mine owned a building from which he rented rooms to female college students. 70% of the rents were paid by older men who were not their parents. In a way, in the extremely consuming society where we live, this does not surprise me. It becomes socially accepted, to the point where love, sex and money all mix. My guess would be that this girl has done it before and will continue doing it until she is on a long-term lease (kind of like the car). Definitely do not expect that you are going to have your "normal" relationship for free. You will pay for everything. Consider the p4p proposition. It may be cheaper. After all, the only free sex is the one you pay for. How much did your friend offer her, just out of curiosity?

Haven't bothered reading can predict the likely tone of most replies.

My answer is:

Who cares? Nothing wrong with sex work, if it pays enough most people would say yes, just they're never offered that much.

If you personally have something against it and would deny yourself the opportunity to get to know someone just because they make that kind of choice then fine, that's your choice but don't judge her as if she's a bad person for making her own personal choices in the matter, not as if it hurts anyone.

And I have no idea why you would feel the need to even ask such advice in a public forum where everyone's got their own ideas, obviously only you can know for yourself where you stand on such an issue.

• Like 1