Suthep Will Ask HM King To Appoint Himself As Coup Leader

Lite Beer

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Received an email from the UK this morning stating that BBC news reported Thailand is facing civil war.

Actually it is. The big question is who will be leading either side? If rumors are true, none of the popularly discussed leaders will be Heads of State. If this holds true, Prayuth will have a big decision to make. Otherwise, we can expect military action to quell any conflicts.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

I have read many of your comments here on this topic and I must say that many of you may have finally woke and relized that suthep is out for suthep and the hell with the rest of the country.

what you are really seeing is that the PTP party is in deep sxxt, and the redshirt backers will do and say anything to get rid of him

All this proves is he must be one heck of a threat to them

and they need your help to try and get rid of him

I don't think Thaksin and his band of crooks see Suthep as a big threat to them, not compared with the courts of law anyway. He is, however, an excellent focus for incited hathred by his propaganda machine, nothing better to inflame the Red Shirts than what Suthep says... or what the spinsters say he says anyway.

What he is proposing is not a People's Council. How does him having ultimate power represent the people? An election is how the people choose who to give power to. But his plan does not involve being granted power by the people. He has shown that he has no respect for the Thai people or the constitution. Suthep is trying to become more powerful than Thaksin ever was, except without being voted in. This is blatantly attempting a step away from democracy.

• Like 1

Thailand's biggest problem is not the Shinawatra mafia clan, cause you can use the courts to get rid of them. No, the main problem of this country is that there seems to be no alternative. Suthep has swallowed his whistle if what's written here is true! The only way forward is to reform police, the justice system, throw Thaksin in jail through Interpol and have new elections.

Throw Thaskin in jail, yeap that will calm things down, then have new elections which the Reds would win and another Chin would head up. Fact is democracy will mean a Red government for the foreseeable future. How do you reform the police???

By disbanding them for a start.

How about stopping the practices of cheating on entrance exams, having to buy appointments and promotions, having to buy your gun and other equipment from your boss. Many police I know get into debt to their boss and have to "raise" money to payback far in excess of their salary. The usual patronage arrangement.

All civil servants here are paid a pittance but rely on using the power of their office / role to generate extra income. The police are civil servants.

Law enforcement in some Western countries went through some tremendous shake ups to substantially clean their acts up. Here, it's never changed apart from more greed. Of course it can be reformed, but that would require corruption being taken out of the judicial and political systems, which ain't gonna happen. Criminals from the HiSo and political elites have too much to loose to allow real reforms.

I want your opinion, and don't hold back.

If there is decentralization of the police and political system, will it help Thailand?

Think of it similar to power in the States in the US. We have a Federal government, but also relatively independent States with their own police forces. Now and again, we end up with Huey Long type of fiefdoms, can't be avoided, but all in all it seems to work.

What is your view for thailand?

What beats me, is the fact that Suthep can consistently involve the name of HRH into his plans, attempting to back HRH into a corner demand HRH support Suthep. And get away with it, surely anyone else doing this would be in jail by now. It is about time people thought of protecting HRH from this meglomaniac Suthep.

I suppose we shouldn't be surprised. All dictators lose touch with reality in the end ( it's part of their megalomania ) and now Suthep's gone the same way as Thaksin.

Guess he'll wander off into the desert too before long.

Suthep has become another Mussolini and we all know how he ended up..............bring it on !

Oh dear oh dear.

For all those people who said, Suthep doesn't want power himself, hmmmmmm.

Do people really want to give this bloke this absolute power to control anything. He needs to step away from the adulation of his own support.

It seems there are so many TVF members who have been taken as fools

My Thai wife and her friends where there and she says

Suthep never said any such thing

even some one is bad translating Thai, or some one is making fools out of Farlang who jump the min they her the word Suthep

The are thousands of Thais protesting and that includes my wife and her friends, who would never allow Suthep to take over the rule of the country, he is just a leader they put up with to bring the people together

Instead of jumping the gun, when do you not have the common sense to wait and see what the real leader sof the Dem Party have to say

Wake up mate ! of course your Thai wife said that. As one of his followers she will be brainwashed to see only the perceived "rosy" things, completely unable to see through this meglomaniac. Obviously she is a bit like my partner from Surat.............."Suthep good man, he stop corruption" despite her two uni degrees, this is all she can say of him.

• Like 1

Thailand's biggest problem is not the Shinawatra mafia clan, cause you can use the courts to get rid of them. No, the main problem of this country is that there seems to be no alternative. Suthep has swallowed his whistle if what's written here is true! The only way forward is to reform police, the justice system, throw Thaksin in jail through Interpol and have new elections.

sorry, but that is NOT the solution. You can eliminate Suthep and Thaksin from polical work, but you forgot the other big one.....he is the problem..!

• Like 2

Oh dear oh dear.

For all those people who said, Suthep doesn't want power himself, hmmmmmm.

Do people really want to give this bloke this absolute power to control anything. He needs to step away from the adulation of his own support.

I seem to recall Suthep being quoted as saying "i will not be a part of any future gov't and will no longer be involved with politics" or something to those words. If this article has now quoted him accurately, he is sounding more like a Hitler all the time. "Trust me (since I lied to you so many other times) that I know what is best for the people and although I will have the power to execute people, I will not use such power and will only grab all of your money". What do you guess will happen the the criminal charges already brought against this guy if he were to become the dictator of Thailand? Crazy and it will lead to a civil war unless the military intervenes.

• Like 1

My wife and most of her family have strong PDRC sympathies. I do not, nor do I agree with and support PTP. I admit to having little respect for either side. She told me the Khaosad report is accurate. Her Mother was at the rally where he made these quotes. They are also wondering why only Khaosad reported these quotes. My wife and her family are still debating what to do, and at last word they are leaning toward going back to the Dems and leaving Suthep as far behind as they can. Her last quote was: "PTP are corrupt. Suthep became a peedip (zombie)."

I hope this idiot does talk to the Great Man. If there was ever a Thai who most needed to heed HM advice, this fascist pig is the one.

These quotes are not correct and I had family there as well. He skirted the issues. I have written this elsewhere.

Seriously, even the most devout PRDC wouldn't support Suthep as PM, based on his promises. He is a conduit for others. The other newspaper, on Saturday, under Breaking News Online, wrote that he would submit someone else's name to HM the King, as PM should YL be knocked out. There are also rumors that the RS's will support someone else of similar status, that supports their cause.

What beats me, is the fact that Suthep can consistently involve the name of HRH into his plans, attempting to back HRH into a corner demand HRH support Suthep. And get away with it, surely anyone else doing this would be in jail by now. It is about time people thought of protecting HRH from this meglomaniac Suthep.

Yes but he is not in jail.Then think by yourself why he is free

Robert Amsterdam issued a statement following Suthep's attacks on him ( calling him an interfering "bloody farang")

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/suthep-leading-a-thai-taliban-says-lawyer-amsterdam-254127051.html

He is a bloody farang, why does he interfere in Thai politics?," Suthep said, repeatedly referring to Mr. Amsterdam as a "bastard"

"It's clear that Suthep is deeply concerned by the recent news that the Inter-Parliamentary Union (IPU) is looking into alleged interference by the National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC) in parliamentary affairs by probing of 308 senators and former members of parliament for voting for a constitutional amendment. The international community should continue to remind these anti-government Thai elites that another judicial coup shall not be tolerated."

Robert Amsterdam serves as international counsel to the United National Front for Democracy against Dictatorship (UDD) of Thailand. More information can be read at http://robertamsterdam.com/thailand.

SOURCE Amsterdam & Partners LLP

Suthep is quite correct, Amsterdam is a bloody farang working for a farang from Montenegro, so he should not interfere in Thai politics.

By the way, what is the IPU, is that another PTP brainchild ?

Sweet Jesus when is this ever going to end.

coffee1.gif

Well, someone got rid of the problem of Seh Daeng.............how about same same .

Seh Daeng was running around boasting how powerful his trained secret army was at a time when Thaksin was trying to distance himself from the violence, and the Army was considering a final crackdown to remove the protesters. Basically he was wearing two targets, one on his chest and the other on his back. It's unfortunate, Seh Daeng (MHRIP) was a nice person, but completely Thai crazy.

Edited by rabas

Not sure how Khao Sod's reporting can be called 'propaganda' or fabricated in this instance. There doesn't seem to be much real difference between its version and other versions except that it's more detailed and explicit about what will be done. One signicant difference is that Khao Sod describes Suthep as speaking as "I" (as though he's unilaterally taking decisions) and other translations describe him as saying "we" - pronouns are often left out of Thai speech so perhaps it was open to interpretation. In any case, there's no practical difference. Suthep is saying he'll go to the King, have himself appointed coup leader (as all previous coup leaders have done) then will proceed to appoint a PM and People's Council on behalf of the "people", having assumed the sovereign power bestowed to him by those same "people".

Here's some other tweets which support this version of how Suthep intends to go about this:

Aim_The Nation @Aim_NT Apr 5

Recap: The resolution of 1,800 PDRC network today: PDRC must take sovereignty back from "Miss Flower (PM Yingluck)": Suthep Via @madoodao

PDRC will announce its sovereignty, set up people's govt, ppl's legislative assembly, the reform Thailand: Suthep via @madoodao

Recap: All supporters must be prepared, the next whistle blowing (mass rally) might be 15-day+ long: Suthep via @madoodao

So I can't see what people are strongly objecting to in the Khao Sod report. As I say, the only clear difference seems to be that Khao Sod makes it sound as though Suthep is going to take unilateral action whereas other reports have it down as the PDRC taking action collectively (but with Suthep at its head and as its key actor)... and there isn't real a substantial difference between calling it a collective PDRC action and describing it as though Suthep is alone assuming sovereign power. For all practical purposes, the buck will stop with Suthep if he manages to get what he wants. Of course, he promises to step aside once he's appointed the Council and interim PM. That is something that Khao Sod perhaps didn't make clear, although they could perhaps argue that Suthep will hold the real power even if he steps into the background once the interim PM and council is appointed, given his ability to mobilize street protesters if they do something he doesn't like (this is debatable).

This seems contentious since no other agency reported it: "We will have something like Article 17 [of 1959 Administrative Charter] as the highest law," Mr. Suthep said, referring to the charter article which allowed Field Marshal Sarit to fight suspected Communist threats by all means, " will be able to order anyone to be executed by firing squad, but I will only freeze assets". Yet since it's a direct quote, I find it hard to believe it was completely fabricated. It's more likely others decided not to quote it because they'd have to go into details of Article 17 etc and perhaps it was just too much trouble. Khao Sod have apologized for making errors before but fabricating a whole quote is a different matter entirely and something which seems unlikely to me as it actually seems that they're trying hard to get things right in terms of translation and accurate quoting (although we've had past debates about some of the controversial translations they've made).

Anyway, as above, Article 17 was part of Sarit's interim constitution of 1959 and it's understood to have given him more or less arbitrary power. I believe this provision was still in place throughout the Sarit-Thanom period and Sarit did indeed have many alleged criminals shot on the spot without trial (and this sort of "decisive" leadership is still viewed positively by many Thais hence the popularity of the war on drugs). So I guess Suthep is pretty much saying, yes, he could do what he wants under a new Article 17, but since he's responsible, he'll only use it to seize assets. I take it he said this to reassure people that he's not the type who'd be completely crazed with power and won't suddenly start having people who he doesn't like shot.

Well, Suthep getting people that he does not like shot, reminds me of his record back in 2010, when he had 90 of them shot, and believe me, it was him who gave the order to fire on protesters, not Abisit.Where power is concerned, Suthep is completely untrustworthy, in fact he is a complete grade 'A' meglomaniac. Given the chance he will go off like a firecracker, stamping on anybody who opposes him. Look out Thailand if this corrupt grub is allowed to get away with it.

• Like 1

I highly doubt HM will support this idea by Suthep. If anything, strings will now be pulled from somewhere by someone to prevent Sutheo from achieving his goals. Establishing a dictator in Thailand will set the country back by at least 30 years and I highly doubt HM who has worked all his life to push Thailand forward will even for a second consider that idea.

At first i admired the courage of Suthep but if he really said all this then it is apparent to me that he has finally lost the plot. Surely he must know that his majesty the king can't involve himself in politics,he may even have committed lese majesty. Suthep and Jatupon are getting more extreme by the minute,never did i think for one minute that a civil war could be in the offing but they seem to want it to happen and are doing everything they can to start one,once started who is going to stop it???? A forest fire is easily started but takes a super human effort to stop. Both of these men should be stopped now..

• Like 1