International Licence...

Just keep 300 baht in your wallet and dont worry.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Awesome...so they accept baht in Oz and Indonesia then ?

Im sorry this is TV forum.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

500 baht and a copy of your Thai license and a couple passport photos.

Got mine in Surat. Took 15 mins..

Excellent...so regional licensing centres do it then by the sounds ?

Yes, I have gotten a few in Chiang Rai at the main transport office. Validity is only one year. It is probably easier at a location that does them with some regularity.

^ Why ?....when I am asking about here in Thailand....

A Thai driving licence as long as it's a 5year one can be used in Oz & Indonesia because it has English writen on it, no need for IDP, other licences that have no English have to have an IDP because an IDP has the vehicles the people can drive and confirms it is a full driving licence and it has a part that is writen in, you've guess it English.biggrin.png

Edited by Kwasaki
  • Like 1

A Thai driving licence as long as it's a 5year one can be used in Oz & Indonesia because it has English writen on it, no need for IDP, other licences that have no English have to have an IDP because an IDP has the vehicles the people can drive and confirms it is a full driving licence and it has a part that is writen in, you've guess it English.biggrin.png

Thats good news if true...but why so many Oz expats in Indo then go get Indo licences ?

Thats good news if true...but why so many Oz expats in Indo then go get Indo licences ?

Dunno because maybe Indo is the same as Thailand and an IDP from a foreign country if licence has not English on it maybe valid up to 1 year but not in Thailand 90 days validation.

The main consensus of opinion is if you visit asian countries for long periods of time it's best to get their licences, save a lot of aggo.

Edited by Kwasaki

Last time I was in Aus the pigs would not accept my Thai licence.

You should stand your ground because I guess they do not understand the new position.

I know easier said they done but if you pushed it maybe your win, biggrin.png from my Oz mate he says that if you stay in different states for a certain amount of time you need to change your licence to their state licence, sounds like Oz has gone money grabbing boncers.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g255055-i120-k4808636-Can_l_use_my_Thailand_drivers_license_to_drive_in_Australia-Australia.html

^ oz was like that many years ago re state to state.....but re o/s licences....no idea other than they used to require an Inter licence, so no idea if that changed.

I am just wondering as if I can use my Thai licence in Indo for an extended period, that will be convenient...cos getting a licence is not easy or even possible on certain visa status'.

^ oz was like that many years ago re state to state.....but re o/s licences....no idea other than they used to require an Inter licence, so no idea if that changed.

I am just wondering as if I can use my Thai licence in Indo for an extended period, that will be convenient...cos getting a licence is not easy or even possible on certain visa status'.

Anyone holding a valid Thai driving licence can now use it in nine other countries without the need to obtain an international permit. These countries are Mynamar, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam, Brunei, Malaysia, Indonesia, Singapore and the Philippines which, together with Thailand, make up the 10 country ASEAN economic grouping.

Can use a 5 year valid Thai driving licence.

Indonesian police do issue a driving permit as well so maybe check it out when you get there just to be sure.

Quote from a Oz guy I tink :-

" Given the new Thai photocard licenses are in English and Thai, they'd be valid in NSW (and probably similar rules in other Australian states and territories ".

• Like 1

Anyone holding a valid Thai driving licence can now use it in nine other countries without the need to obtain an international permit. These countries are Mynamar, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam, Brunei, Malaysia, Indonesia, Singapore and the Philippines which, together with Thailand, make up the 10 country ASEAN economic grouping.

Can use a 5 year valid Thai driving licence.

Indonesian police do issue a driving permit as well so maybe check it out when you get there just to be sure.

Quote from a Oz guy I tink :-

" Given the new Thai photocard licenses are in English and Thai, they'd be valid in NSW (and probably similar rules in other Australian states and territories ".

Thanks...nice to know to test out anyway.

Cheers.

Last time I was in Aus the pigs would not accept my Thai licence.

You should stand your ground because I guess they do not understand the new position.

I know easier said they done but if you pushed it maybe your win, biggrin.png from my Oz mate he says that if you stay in different states for a certain amount of time you need to change your licence to their state licence, sounds like Oz has gone money grabbing boncers.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g255055-i120-k4808636-Can_l_use_my_Thailand_drivers_license_to_drive_in_Australia-Australia.html

"sounds like " I can tell you They are ....money grabbing boncers

• Like 1