16-year-old teenager killed, his wife hurt in Bangkok explosion

webfact

One killed, another injured in Bangkok explosion

BANGKOK: -- A 16-year-old teenager was killed and his 16-year-old wife was injured in a mysterious explosion at a rented house in Bangkok's Bueng Kum district early Thursday, police said.

The teenager was found dead in his bedroom of the rented house on a soi off Seri Thai Road.

His wife was injured at the right leg, back and left hand. She was treated at the Nopparat Hospital and discharged.

Tongpool Srikot, 58, grandmother of the female teenage said she was sleeping in the same room with her granddaughter and her husband and their children. She was sleeping on the ground while the spouse and children were sleeping on the bed.

She said she was woken up by the explosion sound and saw her grandchild-in-law already killed and she did not know where the bomb came from.

Explosive ordnance disposal officers have yet to establish the type of explosives at the scene.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-04-10

Man dies in explosion on Serithai road

4-10-2014-9-17-37-AM1-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- A 16-year-old boy was killed and his girlfriend injured in an explosion at a rented house on Serithai Soi 10 road in Bung Khum district of Bangkok.

The dead was identified as Ramek Chu-in and his girlfriend Namprao Iamwalai, 16. She was admitted to Nopparat Ratchathani hospital after the explosion.

According to the victim’s grandmother Thongpoon, her grandson just arrived from Ayutthaya province with his wife Namprao to stay with her.

She heard an explosion which she at first thought was an explosion from a television set which her grandson always turned on around the clock. However when she came to see, it was an explosion from explosive.

Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) police arrived to inspect the scene and suspected it was a home-made bomb as nails and metal pieces were strewn around the scene.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/man-dies-explosion-serithai-road/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-04-10

Sad news! sounds like he was making a bomb at home! just as concerning he's aged 16 his wife is 16 and they already have kids!

agree .... something not right here, 16 yr old married with children. Sad to end his life at such a young age.

Did he connect the wrong wire ?

RIP young man.

I hope there really is such a thing as Karma for these cowards who kill people like this. They should be ashamed of themselfs.

... well now, looks more as if he himself fingered an explosive device, no? Nothing better to do at 16yrs of age, with whole bunch o' family around ... that in fact is sad ... if so i'd say 'good riddance, matelino' as luckily he didn't get to kill anyone but himself, life's a beach ( equals karma) - professionally for this age though, hard competition just out of this one country for The Darwin Award 2014 it seems, after all just April now ...

• Like 2

I hope there really is such a thing as Karma for these cowards who kill people like this. They should be ashamed of themselfs.

If he was making bombs to kill other people...I'd say Karma did a pretty thorough job.

• Like 2

Sad news! sounds like he was making a bomb at home! just as concerning he's aged 16 his wife is 16 and they already have kids!

I wouldn't call it sad myself.

I would call it 'completely deserved' and this kid could have been responsible for many deaths.

Som nam na.

• Like 1

I know of a 16 yr old with 4 kids from 4 different girls in the same village. Like a Boss!

Everyone thinks it's hilarious, no one gives a fuk.

He hasn't blown himself up with a bomb yet though.

16 -thats old.

There are 2 14 year old kids living near me with a child. And likely as not she is pregnant again!

Very sad news. Very irresponsible of the boy as well if in fact it was a bomb he was handling while his family were in the house.

They do start to become radicalized early in Thailand.

There is nothing to suggest that the explosion was politically connected at this time.

For all anyone knows it could have been a cooking cylinder explosion.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I know of a 16 yr old with 4 kids from 4 different girls in the same village. Like a Boss!

Everyone thinks it's hilarious, no one gives a fuk.

He hasn't blown himself up with a bomb yet though.

16 -thats old.

There are 2 14 year old kids living near me with a child. And likely as not she is pregnant again!

bloody hell !!give them some dynamite to play with, better for everyone in the long run!!

Very sad news. Very irresponsible of the boy as well if in fact it was a bomb he was handling while his family were in the house.

Look djjamie, you're already guaranteed 1st place in "Most Tenuous Link of the Year" award. You won't be able to top "PTP responsible for death of monk food seller" so why do you keep on trying?

Only able to attack the poster and not the post heay? Typical.

You yourself stated that was not a good practice yet defend it when you do it.

So any thoughts on the OP or my post? Or just continue to be condescending?

Edited by djjamie

Look djjamie, you're already guaranteed 1st place in "Most Tenuous Link of the Year" award. You won't be able to top "PTP responsible for death of monk food seller" so why do you keep on trying?

ok, I'll make it easy for you to understand;

1. No evidence of any political activity.

2. No specific evidence it was even a bomb and not a gas cylinder explosion or otherwise.

The deceased could just as easily been involved in criminal activity, or been one of those idiot vocational students who attack one another, or a victim of an unfortunate event.

If a bomb maker, he could have been associated with the PDRC. No one has the facts at this time, so why make false accusations and claims?

You know nothing, but weigh in with innuendo and nonsense.

There is nothing to suggest that the explosion was politically connected at this time.

How on earth would nails and pieces of metal find their way inside a cooking cylinder???

I know they used to put lead in petrol but I fail to see what function they would serve inside a calor gas cylinder!!

It makes for good copy in the media outlet, but it takes days to establish the cause of the explosion and it has yet to be determined the source of the nails and metal.

Considering the shoddy construction of buildings, it could be expected that there would be metal fragments. Who knows where the explosion source was and what was in close proximity? Sorting out the cause of an explosion takes time despite what the TV shows say and despite what the newspaper has written. Maybe it was a bomb. Maybe it wasn't.

My cousin in the UK killed himself at age 16 while making a pipe bomb in his garage.

He had previously lost two fingers making bombs. That was 50 years ago.

Not just in Thailand!

(OK, so he didn't have a wife and kids)

My old man who served in the Aussie Army for 37 years stupidly told me how to make gun powder and de rail trams in Melbourne as a kid. When I derailed the tram he was on at 6 in the morning lmho selling news papers, I had quite a sore ass for a week. 14 at the time, young and foolish...

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE 8.2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

How on earth would nails and pieces of metal find their way inside a cooking cylinder???

I know they used to put lead in petrol but I fail to see what function they would serve inside a calor gas cylinder!!

It makes for good copy in the media outlet, but it takes days to establish the cause of the explosion and it has yet to be determined the source of the nails and metal.

Considering the shoddy construction of buildings, it could be expected that there would be metal fragments. Who knows where the explosion source was and what was in close proximity? Sorting out the cause of an explosion takes time despite what the TV shows say and despite what the newspaper has written. Maybe it was a bomb. Maybe it wasn't.

Maybe a fragment of a meteorite crashed through the roof, smashed his nail sculpture off the wall, destroyed his metal table and then hit him!!!

Anything is possible

• Like 1

2. No specific evidence it was even a bomb and not a gas cylinder explosion or otherwise.

The deceased could just as easily been involved in criminal activity, or been one of those idiot vocational students who attack one another, or a victim of an unfortunate event.

If a bomb maker, he could have been associated with the PDRC. No one has the facts at this time, so why make false accusations and claims?

First sentence is condescending. So that one is ignored. What is with you guys where you feel the need to condescend and demonize so much? That is a UDD trait, not a democratic trait.

The last sentence is condescending to me so that one is ignored as well. What is with you guys where you feel the need to condescend and demonize so much? That is a UDD trait, not a democratic trait.

The bits in between are taking me out of context and making assumptions of what I didn't say! Read my post man.

I said "if it was a bomb" I didn't say it was a bomb. You did. Read my post again.

I didn't say it was a red shirt. It could have been a PDRC supporter. You allured to me stating it was a red shirt. Read my post man.

I didn't make false accusations or claims. Your alluring I did. Read me post man.

So in other words the whole post was pointless and added nothing to the forum, but gave you some personal satisfaction in condescension of a forum member that supports 15 principles of democracy as opposed to one. Please take the time to understand what I said before replying.

Again - if you reply, don't demonize me, don't be condescending, don't quote me out of context and don't change the subject and don't cherry pick when replying. I know it is hard, but please try.

That would certainly explain the nails.

• Like 1

Innuendo and nonsense ? you have summed up most replies on TV :)

Personally I think we should blame the internet. well why not, its the form on here to make stupid assertions// Oh why the internet, if he was making a bomb its because the construction details can be found online :) Tenuous or what ! If it wasn't his bomb then the maker probably got the info from the same place :)