Can you make me ONE with everything - Dalai Lama gets told a joke about himself

beautifulthailand99

I remember this.

Some people should stick to their jobs and not try to be comedians. Cheesy and tacky - kind of like those jokes from childhood jokebooks that make one groan.

I do enjoy how the dalai lama handled the situation though - that was both clever and funny.

• Like 1

I remember this.

Some people should stick to their jobs and not try to be comedians. Cheesy and tacky - kind of like those jokes from childhood jokebooks that make one groan.

I do enjoy how the dalai lama handled the situation though - that was both clever and funny.

Yes as ever the Dalai Lama comes off very well as a wise enlightened one - his reply to whether you can make me one with everything is "theoretically possible" which is of course true but I imagine not likely in the case of the interviewer. But you never know. He should of known it is not possible for a Buddhist monk to go and order anything in any shop.

There was a follow up interview with the same interviewer some time later...and he even suggests that in the future there could be a female Dalai Lama - remarkable man.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/entertainment/2013/06/14/09/13/stefanovic-revisits-pizza-joke-with-dalai-lama

Edited by beautifulthailand99

I remember the joke differently.

What did Buddha say to the hotdog vendor? "Make me one with everything."

Later I heard a followup.

The Buddha finishes the hotdog and hands the vendor a hundred-dollar bill. The vendor puts it away, and smiles.

The Buddha asks, 'Where's my change?'

'Change must come from within', answers the hotdog vendor.

• Like 1