How good is your knowledge of the island?

Be a good excuse to blah to the misses that I am not out parting so I might be in but not in the game sorry

Bit old for a treasure hunt

The other thing is what is the prize

I have to be paid for my time

3000 baht an hour for showing up

Time is monkey !

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

Edited by BigC

Yes, a bit more detail and photos of last event, would be good.... wink.png

Having driven just about every main road, back road and dirt track on Samui, in daylight, I certainly would not consider doing this at night...w00t.gif

You wouldn't have to Jim. You can just look it up on your home made version of Google street view.

To be honest, if Jim does not know where something is then I question its existence.

• 3 weeks later...
Briefing befor the game - 3 May at 21.00 at Lake Chaweng, aerobics area near the basketball court. Under the pirate flag.
Coordinates google: 9.525639,100.058208
If you do not have a team but want to play - come to the briefing, there've found the participants.
banner.jpg

Edited by Rooo
link to other forum removed

I meet some of these participants this evening, nice bunch of normal everyday people.... with families.... thumbsup.gif..... Definitely not a bunch of nutters! wink.png

Perhaps next time the OP should give a bit more info at the start of a post! thumbsup.gif

If this was done during the day, would some of you play?

Personally, I'm not a night owl and am rarely out of my house after 10 o'clock, so I'm not qualified to gauge how dangerous Samui is in the early hours. Sure everywhere is that bit more dangerous at night, but is Samui that bad? Is there a mugging and raping issue on Samui?

I don't think Samui is that bad generally in your second point, re muggings and rapes... no different than anywhere else in drug or booze areas... around the world... wink.png Generally speaking I would say Samui is a safe place to be.....

Well, you thought wrong.

Samui is a dangerous place, you are just naive.

If this was done during the day, would some of you play?

Personally, I'm not a night owl and am rarely out of my house after 10 o'clock, so I'm not qualified to gauge how dangerous Samui is in the early hours. Sure everywhere is that bit more dangerous at night, but is Samui that bad? Is there a mugging and raping issue on Samui?

I don't think Samui is that bad generally in your second point, re muggings and rapes... no different than anywhere else in drug or booze areas... around the world... wink.png Generally speaking I would say Samui is a safe place to be.....

Well, you thought wrong.

Samui is a dangerous place, you are just naive.

Huh? ..... not the Samui I know...... Painting the whole island with one brush? blink.png...facepalm.gif

Edited by samuijimmy
  • Like 1

The OP is planning to go off the beaten track, at night, alone. That's dangerous anywhere on the island. Life is not like a tourist brochure, Theft, muggings, assault, rape and murder are far, far, far more common in Thailand than in whatever much safer country the OP comes from. Samui is no exception, in fact it's probably worse than average. You shouldn't even walk on the beach at night alone - let alone in areas where there are no other people within screaming distance.

Edited by pokerspiv

The OP is planning to go off the beaten track, at night, alone. That's dangerous anywhere on the island. Life is not like a tourist brochure, Theft, muggings, assault, rape and murder are far, far, far more common in Thailand than in whatever much safer country the OP comes from. Samui is no exception, in fact it's probably worse than average. You shouldn't even walk on the beach at night alone - let alone in areas where there are no other people within screaming distance.

Since most of us seem to disagree with you, I wonder if you have anything to back up your claims, anything at all? Or if it just your imagination running wild?

Just think back a few years when a young lady walking at night on NYE on a Lamai beach, whilst on the phone with her Mum, was attacked, raped and murdered. Unfortunately there are too many other samples of rape and attack available.

Samui is safe but there's no need to challenge fate. All Thai female relatives (local Samuians) will not leave the house alone at night.

Oh dear! facepalm.gif....

Well from what I understand, it's done in groups of about 5 per team...x X amount of teams, safety in numbers, I suppose.... although, not my cup of tea to do this sort of thing at night either.

But the few I meet, where not "yobbos", but nice "everyday type people" having a bit of fun .... It's an event done in several countries.... I am not trying to say everyone should do it or be involved,...We can't all sit at home or resort .... all the time, life would be very boring!

I don't believe it's that dangerous out there, it is called using common sense as to where you go and the crowds people mix with ...... but some people do tend to over react ...seemingly more so because this is Thailand ... I never quite understand why....whistling.gif

Where in the world is anywhere 100% safe anyway...? watch Sky News, it sure is not the UK... I could go on about just about any country! ...... nuff said from me! coffee1.gif

wai.gif

Edited by samuijimmy

Since most of us seem to disagree with you, I wonder if you have anything to back up your claims, anything at all? Or if it just your imagination running wild?

Just think back a few years when a young lady walking at night on NYE on a Lamai beach, whilst on the phone with her Mum, was attacked, raped and murdered. Unfortunately there are too many other samples of rape and attack available.

Samui is safe but there's no need to challenge fate. All Thai female relatives (local Samuians) will not leave the house alone at night.

Ahh, so because 1 person was raped a few years ago, that makes Samui, and I quote: "rape and murder are far, far, far more common in Thailand than in whatever much safer country the OP comes from.

Samui is no exception, in fact it is probably worse than average".

Must be pretty safe in the OPs country :-D

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Ahh, so because 1 person was raped a few years ago, that makes Samui, and I quote: "rape and murder are far, far, far more common in Thailand than in whatever much safer country the OP comes from.
Samui is no exception, in fact it is probably worse than average".

Must be pretty safe in the OPs country :-D

It's convenient to read what one wants to read, so his arguments are still in order.

But hey, what is one raped and murdered person in the bigger picture, right?

Please let's get back on topic.

Participants are adults . I am sure common sense prevails & precautions are taken.

Please let's not make out Samui to be what it's not & that is a den of " Theft, muggings, assault, rape and murder ".

Please try & think before making such comments & broad generalization.

Saying it's not is also a generalisation. I guess you think yours is more accurate though.