Gen Prayuth urges Thais to adhere to democratic rules

Lite Beer

BANGKOK, 12 April 2014 (NNT) – Army Chief General Prayuth Chan-ocha has called on all citizens to abide by the rules of democracy in a bid to create equality and virtue in the society.

The Royal Thai Army has hosted a religious ceremony in celebration of the Thai New Year festival. After presiding over the ceremony, Army Chief Gen Prayuth said he wished all Thais great happiness, prosperity, and safety.

He also hoped that the annual Songkran Festival would help ease political tensions and that everyone involved in the conflict would put the national interest first, adding that all political activities should be in accordance with the rule of law and most importantly with the rule of democracy.

He also promised that the military would not let violence take over this country while assuring that the army would be well-prepared for any unprecedented incidents.

Lastly, he said morality, ethics, virtue, moral, and justice are the key factors that would drive this nation forward.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-04-12 footer_n.gif

• Like 2

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This guys always "urging people".......he never comes up with workable solutions.....he's got a huge mess in the south that is almost ignored by the government (and the people for that matter)...and save for a few security forces and virtually untrained rangers.......the area is virtually lawless.....and all he seems to do lately is stand in front of cameras and the press making noises about everyone being good citizens!

Not difficult to see his days are almost to an end....then he can join the Thai elite proper.....

(Anyone know of his wealth)?

• Like 1

This from a man who was Deputy Commander of the 1st Army during the 2006 Coup!

Excuse me If I can't take anything this man says without a complete sackful of salt.

• Like 2

Yeh, I used to have a parrot that talked a lot but it never said I'm hungry and it died .........viz a viz etc etc Suthep, Chalerm, Promises of the payment to to the rice farmers etc etc etc

• Like 1

This guys always "urging people".......he never comes up with workable solutions.....he's got a huge mess in the south that is almost ignored by the government (and the people for that matter)...and save for a few security forces and virtually untrained rangers.......the area is virtually lawless.....and all he seems to do lately is stand in front of cameras and the press making noises about everyone being good citizens!

Not difficult to see his days are almost to an end....then he can join the Thai elite proper.....

Probably a hell of a lot more than before 3 years ago.

"Lastly, he said morality, ethics, virtue, moral, and justice are the key factors that would drive this nation forward."

I have to go guys.

After reading that, I have to go wash my eyes out with soap.

Strange.

I agree with every word.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

"Lastly, he said morality, ethics, virtue, moral, and justice are the key factors that would drive this nation forward."

I have to go guys.

After reading that, I have to go wash my eyes out with soap.

So you have to wash your eyes if you read wise words ?

Gen. Prayuth ought speak with Justice Minister Chaikasem & Police Chief Khamronwit about farcical photo of Khamronwit in HK doing acupuncture on fugitive Thaksin. How Ethical was that? How Moral was that? Why is Police Chief consorting with convicted fugitive? HowJust was that?

Both persons, most anywhere else in world, would be sacked....not Thailand!!

The next "topper" will be when they arrest Ko Tee, Khamronwit will get snap of him massaging Ko Tee's feet....

I wish the Thai Army would for once and for all solve this problem in the deep South and follow the same strategy as they do in Bangkok. Build some small army posts in Bangkok which are manned 24/7 but in the deep South all Army posts are left after 6PM when soldiers return to their barracks and when insurgents and trouble makers take over the whole deep South from 9pm until 6am.

The Thai Army is part of the problems in Thailand for the last 50 years and sit on a huge budget which is full of corruption.

This general is good about talking about democracy but time and time again he turn his back and shuts his eyes when democracy needs him. one of the biggest hypocrites in thai politics

Yes the General talks about democracy but that is in the context of the rule of law and the constitution. Sorry to those on both sides of this argument but he does not work for you, he is not at your beck and call. Be sure that he has his line in the sand and should anyone try and step over that he will act. I would not want to be that person/organisation.

My respect for him grows.

• Like 1

Does any of the above apply to Thailand?

If it did, most people would probably have left for "greener pastures" a long time ago wai2.gif

I wish the Thai Army would for once and for all solve this problem in the deep South and follow the same strategy as they do in Bangkok. Build some small army posts in Bangkok which are manned 24/7 but in the deep South all Army posts are left after 6PM when soldiers return to their barracks and when insurgents and trouble makers take over the whole deep South from 9pm until 6am.

The Thai Army is part of the problems in Thailand for the last 50 years and sit on a huge budget which is full of corruption.

An important part of the political deal with Abhisit/Democrats was to make the military budget bigger than ever before. And they got it.

If memory serves, the budget was further increased after the 2011 elections.