The Beaches of Bang Chang

Jessi

Yes the Beaches ...Not the Bitches.

I had a big day yesterday driving around and looking at all the beaches, what a disgrace.

Phalla, Payoon and Nam Rim all have oil on them and the filth and rubbish is a total disgrace.

I also called in to see a mate of mine who lives at Milford hotel, this place is turning into a Ghetto, not nice.

Sorry nothing nice to say today.

Edited by Jessi

I Have never been impressed with the beach at Phala and most of the beaches from there to past Rayong and even further around at Ban Phe , the beaches are littered with broken bottles and other rubbish and are pretty ordinary. That is why i prefer the swimming pools in those areas.

They do occasionally clean up Phala beach and then let it deteriorate again until the next clean-up.

Edited by xen
  • Like 1

I Have never been impressed with the beach at Phala and most of the beaches from there to past Rayong and even further around at Ban Phe , the beaches are littered with broken bottles and other rubbish and are pretty ordinary. That is why i prefer the swimming pools in those areas.

They do occasionally clean up Phala beach and then let it deteriorate again until the next clean-up.

A good friend of mine use to live right on Phala or Phayun beach. He said there were only a few times of the year he felt comfortable swimming in the water. Really sad.

I think a lot of stuff washes into the ocean from the various rivers and creeks and then ends up on these beaches.

A good friend of mine use to live right on Phala or Phayun beach. He said there were only a few times of the year he felt comfortable swimming in the water. Really sad.

I think a lot of stuff washes into the ocean from the various rivers and creeks and then ends up on these beaches.

You are probably right about the stuff washing in from the rivers etc now that you mention it . I always thought it was a combination of stuff floating on the currents from faraway and exotic lands and the locals not really caring about it. Not many locals use the beaches there either except to capture the breezes whilst sleeping in a deck chair.

You are probably very right about the trash washing down from the rivers and waterways now that you mention it. I always thought it was a combination of it floating in on the currents from faraway exotic lands plus the apathy of the locals.

Never see many locals on the beach at Phala except the few that sleep in deckchairs under the shade of the casurinas and catch the sea breezes. Now that is not a bad idea.

Edited by xen
  • Like 1

I think those beaches get pretty crowded with locals on the weekends???? I try to avoid the beaches on the weekend. I know Bang Saray is packed.

I love to have lunch at the restaurant on the beach in Phala (?). Under the trees, feet in the sand...not too bad.

The beaches around Ban Chang are hit or miss, you can go one weekend and they are very clean and tidy, but go back the following weekend and they are completely trashed.

I dont know what has happened recently, but the beaches seem to be covered in blue plastic bags, these are being washed ashore - not dropped, for about the last 4 weeks or so and in huge quantities, do not understand why the local tessabaan does not do something to try to identify the source and put a stop to it.

There was a lovely beach at Son Krasib, the one after Nam Rin, either TPI or PTT (one of the big local companies anyway) put in nice toilet blocks, open air showers, footpaths, parking etc, now it is also completely f***ed up, people have stolen all the shower heads, taps, light and switch fittings, and most of the water pipe so now no water in the toilets!! Bloody shame.

Still, they are all very popular with the locals, especially at weekends - and they do swim in them en masse!

Describing the Milford as a Ghetto, please explain? I live at the Milford and to me it is a very quite place to live with great views of the gulf of Thailand, the cleaners keep the place clean and tidy the place got painted last year and the maintenance staff have been repainting any places that needed it the pools are always clean and clear.

I agree the beach can be soiled at times but some of the expats get out there to clean it, and from what I have seen most beaches have rubbish washing up on the from time to time,

I like to sit on my balcony sipping a brew without all the noise of all the so called popular beaches, ski boats, surf scooters and loud thai music blasting my peace and quite.

The Ghetto is a section of a City especially a thickly populated slum area inhabited predominantly by members of an ethnic or other minority [ definition of a Ghetto ]

In no way does this describe the Milford condo, so many of the rooms are being bought in multiples and renovated into large condos. There are condo renovated here constantly

Also the mix of nationalities here consist of Thais, Austrians, Norwegian, Americans, Chinese, Dutch, British, Polish, Russian, Canadian, Welsh and Australian.

So you tell me how this constitutes in any way a ghetto.

• 4 weeks later...

Sad to say but it's not uncommon to see the local population who live right on the beach, not all, just some, find it easier to walk to their garden/yard wall and throw household rubbish on the beach.

It's a shorter walk for them than the 15 metres to the bin on the road outside.

• 1 month later...

Describing the Milford as a Ghetto, please explain? I live at the Milford and to me it is a very quite place to live with great views of the gulf of Thailand, the cleaners keep the place clean and tidy the place got painted last year and the maintenance staff have been repainting any places that needed it the pools are always clean and clear.

I agree the beach can be soiled at times but some of the expats get out there to clean it, and from what I have seen most beaches have rubbish washing up on the from time to time,

I like to sit on my balcony sipping a brew without all the noise of all the so called popular beaches, ski boats, surf scooters and loud thai music blasting my peace and quite.

The Ghetto is a section of a City especially a thickly populated slum area inhabited predominantly by members of an ethnic or other minority [ definition of a Ghetto ]

In no way does this describe the Milford condo, so many of the rooms are being bought in multiples and renovated into large condos. There are condo renovated here constantly

Also the mix of nationalities here consist of Thais, Austrians, Norwegian, Americans, Chinese, Dutch, British, Polish, Russian, Canadian, Welsh and Australian.

So you tell me how this constitutes in any way a ghetto.

I just came across your post.

Yes ghetto may be the wrong choice of word perhaps it should have been slum.bah.gif

Here are some pictures I took, you say they have painted the building well they missed a few places.

Nice little rubbish tip and the stink goes through the condo's on the lower floors.

The 6th floor can not be used as all of the roof leaks and I'm informed that they wont be fixing it.

I'm also told that one of the pools the filter does not work properly as there is water leaking from the pool and I doubt they will ever fix it.

All tenants and owners are being over charged for Elect & Water.

I will agree there are some nice views.

post-43626-0-29522700-1403866935_thumb.j

post-43626-0-63251600-1403866979_thumb.j

post-43626-0-07426200-1403867024_thumb.j

post-43626-0-75889800-1403867066_thumb.j

post-43626-0-29815700-1403867108_thumb.j

years ago i rode my mtb along the beach from phayun towards rayong, some of the deserted areas were truly horrible, 30cms deep and 3 meters wide 100 metres long.

not surprising as the locals dump their rubbish in the creeks that run into to the sea, combine that with road run off and local businesses

there is a small dam up in the hills, quite out of the way and its shores are littered with litter,

sometimes hard to believe Thais love their country so much

^They pay blind lip service to their country. Then go chuck shit over the nearest wall; (that is usually the limit of their consciousness). The littering and fly-tipping around these parts is getting out of hand into a serious problem now. A few Thai television public awareness ads wouldn't go amiss, imo.

Edited by huangnon

• 2 weeks later...

^They pay blind lip service to their country. Then go chuck shit over the nearest wall; (that is usually the limit of their consciousness). The littering and fly-tipping around these parts is getting out of hand into a serious problem now. A few Thai television public awareness ads wouldn't go amiss, imo.

I don`t think any televisions adverts will do any difference at all,unfortunately.For many decades now a certain person which we cannot discuss here,have been telling Thai`s to take great care of their enviroment and sorroundings.......hasn`t helped much at all.The way thai`s behave regarding garbage and pollution angries me...........and it`s all because of stupidity and laziness,nothing else !!