He aint heavy, he's a Thai golf pro

lorus59

Golf is far more about skill than fitness though in recent years golf pros are certainly looking fitter than before. Daly was over 300 pounds at some point. Europeans don't escape it either. Clarke and Jimenez are far from being poster boys for fitness ads yet they are great players. This is a game where you certainly shouldn't judge a book by its cover.

• Like 1

Golf...=...sport.....cheesy.gif

Never seen one break into a trot yet.

There's always a clown that will say things like this... It takes a lot of skills, some power and a moderate amount of stamina to play the game at a high level. If you go down that road then you can start slagging off things like cricket, baseball not to mention a whole bunch of activities at the olympics like any kind shooting, archery, equestrian events and of course motorised racing of any kind.

Bottom line is that in every activities, the best in the world have something special that not many people have. It's generally envious losers that will make these kinds of comments.

• Like 1

^ yes, you got it...I am extremely envious of those that can walk around a golf course and hit a little white ball in a hole.....extremely, cannot contain myself.

oh and wait....forgot, what about those sporting people that use a golf buggy to play golf...cheesy.gif

Edited by Showbags
  • Like 1

If there was any sport that i would have liked to make a living from and that would be golf as you can have such a long career. Not like most sports where it is downhill after thirty or a bad injury.

I think the fitter a golfer is, the better it will be for him. If you are physically fit, then you are more mentally fit also. It is easier to keep your concentration. To be honest any able-bodied person who uses a golf cart should be ashamed of themselves. And golf courses that make it mandatory should be boycotted.

• Like 1

I think the fitter a golfer is, the better it will be for him. If you are physically fit, then you are more mentally fit also. It is easier to keep your concentration. To be honest any able-bodied person who uses a golf cart should be ashamed of themselves. And golf courses that make it mandatory should be boycotted.

It is obvious that regardless of the activity, it is better to be fitter. I also generally avoid courses that make carts mandatory as I find it hurts my game to use a cart. I think that the walk towards the hole helps in deciding the kind of shot you want to do as well as giving you time to think or cool off if you've missed the previous shot. I also like to have my bag close if I decide to change clubs. I find it intensely annoying when caddies walk off with my bag and often have to tell them to stay put.

That being said, there are perfectly good reasons to use a cart even if you're able bodied for example, you might have a football match the same evening and you want to save your legs or you might simply have a time constraint.

There are also courses where it's impractical to walk because they are too hilly and the distance between holes is too great and walkers would simply be too slow. Kau Sai Chau East in HK would be the perfect example. It's a spectacular courses with stunning views on almost every hole but it would be impossible to have people walking it and maintaining a reasonable pace of play.

Golf is far more about skill than fitness though in recent years golf pros are certainly looking fitter than before. Daly was over 300 pounds at some point. Europeans don't escape it either. Clarke and Jimenez are far from being poster boys for fitness ads yet they are great players. This is a game where you certainly shouldn't judge a book by its cover.

I would not call Jimenez unfit. Remember that he is 50 years old. You can't expect him to look like a 25 year old football player.

I would not call Jimenez unfit. Remember that he is 50 years old. You can't expect him to look like a 25 year old football player.

^ yes, you got it...I am extremely envious of those that can walk around a golf course and hit a little white ball in a hole.....extremely, cannot contain myself.

oh and wait....forgot, what about those sporting people that use a golf buggy to play golf...cheesy.gif

Have you seen any pro players use a golf buggy? It's not even allowed

There's the one with the long name, too long to attempt to spell. Who else? Americans have their fair share of porkies too, stadlers for example

Thongchai Jaidee is one of the fittest guys on the planet, ex-special forces guy...shhhh...don't tell him he's porky to his face...5555

I really have to laugh when I hear golfers describe themselves as....wait for it............................... "Athletes"

I really have to laugh when people type this sort of stuff hiding behind the anonymity of a keyboard. I'd love to see what kind of "athletes" those kind of people are...

• Like 1

I really have to laugh when I hear golfers describe themselves as....wait for it............................... "Athletes"

I really have to laugh when people type this sort of stuff hiding behind the anonymity of a keyboard. I'd love to see what kind of "athletes" those kind of people are...

Those type of people are not claiming to be athletes...are they duh....

Intelligent people who have a life don't usually feel the need to denigrate others in my opinion. I find it even more amusing when people troll a golf forum to specifically amuse themselves with infantile insults. Guess they must be very bored...

• Like 2

But you have absolutely no problem when a 275 pound lump of NFL fat is so described??

He's on the Field for perhaps 10 minutes in a game, relieved, replaced, given a "breather" "x" number of times?

As an ex Rugby League player I truly laugh at NFL Players' pretensions as "Athletes".

At least a Golfer sticks to his round, personally, individually, for 6 or 7 hours.

Patrick

Edited by p_brownstone
  • Like 1

Golf requires a high level of skill to be good, even single figure handicap. Most people haven't got the required skill level or strength of mind to play golf. Maybe better at drinking in a bar.

cheesy.gif ....heard it all now....

Golf requires a high level of skill to be good, even single figure handicap. Most people haven't got the required skill level or strength of mind to play golf. Maybe better at drinking in a bar.

cheesy.gif ....heard it all now....

I wouldn't expect you to understand. What do you like to do? Apart from drinking and wanking
  • Like 1

But you have absolutely no problem when a 275 pound lump of NFL fat is so described??

He's on the Field for perhaps 10 minutes in a game, relieved, replaced, given a "breather" "x" number of times?

As an ex Rugby League player I truly laugh at NFL Players' pretensions as "Athletes".

At least a Golfer sticks to his round, personally, individually, for 6 or 7 hours.

Patrick

Rugby isn't a sport. It's mayhem. Like hockey.