Is there a way to scare Thais away during Songkran ?

balo

I don't like to get wet and will avoid any confrontations and will do whatever it takes.

Here in Pattaya I can't scare the farangs away , they will aim at you and try to kill you with water if possible .

Any suggestions how to scare Thais away from you , any thai words I can use to make them think I'm a ghost or something ?

• Like 1

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why don't you wear a raincoat or carry an umbrella? Or perhaps stay home during Songran. Travel in your car or a taxi if you need to go places.

Not everyone has a car. Should everyone in Pattaya have a car? How green. Pattaya doesn't have a real taxi system. Next ...

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2

Songkran is "Thai's and farangs Gone Wild" for four days. For some it's totally insane, and for others it's the best fun ever. I'm a senior and

it just got too stressful for me to go out and subject myself to condoned assault. So I buy groceries for four days and hang low. I catch up

on work, clean my house, write emails - it's good to take a break from all the ordinary traffic and Thai life out there. I love living in Thailand,

but for four days a year its just nuts out there. Stay home or take a trip if you don't like getting soaked.

No. Not 4 days. Try 2 weeks in the Pattaya/Jomtien area. I spotted the first revellers last Thursday night. They'll still be around this Thurs night and possibly the next. I'm using my car for this period, but even then it can be dangerous. When I went out last evening to get a haircut, one loser tossed a huge bucket of water at the car, causing temporary loss of vision during which I almost hit a kid who had run out into the road to splash someone. The water fights are fun, but this isn't.

BTW - about 9 years since I was last splashed. :)

• Like 1