Thai Tourism Ministry urged to help victims of cheating

webfact

Legislation tough penalties and enforcement is the answer,,,,,but in thailand?Interesting this is news about "Thais" being ripped off and the need for action. Farangs can just stop moaning,they have no rights

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

^^^^ Farangs can just stop moaning,they have no rights

And never will have.

And with an attitude like yours they never will.

"About 200 domestic tourists lost a lot of money recently when they bought allegedly bogus tour packages for the Phupranang Resort and Spa in Krabi from the Phupranang Travel Agency at travel fairs."

Ah, that makes things a lot clearer.

About 200 domestic tourists lost a lot of money recently when they bought allegedly bogus tour packages for the Phupranang Resort and Spa in Krabi from the Phupranang Travel Agency at travel fairs.

At least they called out the roaches by name. Sweet. We do not see that much around here, as the perpetrators seem to have immunity from being called out by name, due to the super cowardly defamation laws. Seems the victims of a crime often have fewer rights than the criminal here. Now, if only they would pursue these fools, prosecute them, impose massive fines, and sentence them to prison terms, the warnings might have some impact. If only.

exactly,crazy laws and thai businesses who commit crimes know that.It highlights the thai psychology that a company is more important than an individual.Any developed country would allow accusations to be made by an individual and the business litigate against them if it's untrue , and not hide behind some antiquated "defimation. Law."

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Old whiskey, new bottle! I came here in 67 and the government was telling us the same thing. There are to many influential people and police making large sums of money. The government is not going to do anything, because they do not want to rock the boat.

My god near 50 years here ?? when Pattaya was a village. I thought I was the oldest swinger in town. Them nights were the daysthumbsup.gif

Did you get the certificate from Queen Elizabeth for your 100th birthday ??

If I'm still alive when my 100th birthday comes, the last thing I want will be a certificate from Queenie, I am sure she knows that UK OAPs are being cheated out of their annual pension increases.

Sorry for being a bit off topic Mr Mod, I couldn't resist it.

• Like 1

One possible measure would be to issue certificates to qualified operators that guaranteed their service. This would boost consumers' confidence before they decide to buy.

​Isn't there something called the TAT for that ?

Then people would just get copies made.....kinda like a fake degree.

Or just another scheme to extract tea money. Pay your money, get your certificate. But nothing really changes. Thailand, whatever its charms, is just not a money-back-guarantee kind o' place.

Old whiskey, new bottle! I came here in 67 and the government was telling us the same thing. There are to many influential people and police making large sums of money. The government is not going to do anything, because they do not want to rock the boat.

My god near 50 years here ?? when Pattaya was a village. I thought I was the oldest swinger in town. Them nights were the daysthumbsup.gif

You both are older than dirt.

If I'm still alive when my 100th birthday comes, the last thing I want will be a certificate from Queenie, I am sure she knows that UK OAPs are being cheated out of their annual pension increases.

Sorry for being a bit off topic Mr Mod, I couldn't resist it.

I could quite believe she does not know, I am losing 200 quid a month min. 10 years now, nice to have my rebate.

This is indirectly related to Thai tourism as we are classed as tourists, we all have been cheated here as well as at home.

• Like 1

You both are older than dirt.

Yeah the good thing is the older I get the dirtier I get,thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

"About 200 domestic tourists lost a lot of money recently when they bought allegedly bogus tour packages for the Phupranang Resort and Spa in Krabi from the Phupranang Travel Agency at travel fairs."

200 domestic tourists got cheated and it is end of the world but when 1000 foreigner get cheated every day , no one gives a shit.

I wonder how much a domestic tourist spend/ day and how much a foreigner spend/ day.

• Like 2

Again and again you hear a senior govt. official ,this time the Deputy Pm (or one of them) ordering the Tourism Ministry to ' help' tourists who have been cheated and to make a list .

Then what , once the list is compiled , do what ? Has he got a list of lawyers on hand to fast track each case to court and then with this great judiciary system, take action.

The straight tour operators have asked the Govt to take action and procecute. How often do we hear this and then nothing happens.

Im a farang living here , and the frustration i go through, just reading it.................

Thai's im afraid ,squeal abit and then back off they don't have the balls to follow through.