My latest attempt to purchase tramadol

rucus7

Every time I was prescribed anti inflammatory, I never filled in the prescription..

A bit of pain has never been a problem for me...

Andre you are such a tough little soldier! Do you refuse painkillers at the dentist as well?

The problem is that Tramadol cocktails (Tramadol + Coca Cola) have become a popular recreational drug amongst the youth in Thailand. Since a schoolboy overdosed on Tramadol Cocktail at a school in Samut Prakarn in August last year, they have clamped down on it as Tramadol is an opiate.

Why is it that when discussing some medicine, we have to take an example of people knowingly abusing it? Anything can be used in a wrong way. Take sniffing glues for instance. Should they be banned?

People who want screw their heads, go ahead. Tramadol is an analgesic so it muffles whatever is going on in a body. It is not recommended for young people anyway.

What comes to overdose, it is far from being very effective way to depart this world. Although, for people already suffering from liver problems or similar it is also not recommended.

You say that it has become popular among the young people? One dead? Any links or it didn't happen.

Have been on Celebrex for many years due to a severe back injury. Tramadol is bad stuff ime. Local docs recommend Arcoxia. It's all dangerous and can have serious side effects.

Tramadol is not big deal - except like elsewhere in the world people get over excited about a few glaring examples of abuse by a few. As stated it does not seem addicting to me. I take 50 mg in the morning and same at night for sleep. For sleep because a knee pain - especially the right knee is painful related to Sciatic nerve problems that descends down the nerve trunks of the legs. ... Without the tramadol to dull the pain sleep would just not be possible. I have been traveling through a number of Issan towns - now in Nong Khai ... Tramadol is available at nearly every pharmacy and I have visited many buying vitamins and health supplements. I have had some pharmacist tell me they do not have what I ask for on a written list. Often I know it is a lie because I can see the item on the shelf. Some Thai pharmacists seem to just not want to sell to Westerners and are cold - sometimes even bit hostile. They are not used to knowledgeable customers up here. Chinese pharmacists on the other hand seem much more open minded - business is business. All in all I find the Thailand approach to over the counter pharmacy to be a bit strange... Every item behind the counter here is out on open counters in the USA --- available for reading the information on the bottle or box. It seems they are use to clients who ask them what they need instead of what they want ... throws them off a bit. I can only suggest to people on TVF who get worried about fairly aware and educated Westerners buying and using Tramadol to go find something else to worry about. Tramadol side effects can make one a little dizzy -- the 100 mg caps do that to me so I cut to using 50 mg and dizziness is not a real problem. Let's face it folks - these days if a person wants to abuse a drug to get a buzz or to avoid life they are going to do it... And Tramadol is way down the list of drugs that will do it. Actually I wish the Nanny tyrants - control freaks in the USA would have left Darvon alone -- a drug that has been prescribed for 50 year - billions of doses given to millions of patients and Suddenly it is claimed to be a problem - heart related side effects ... if it were really so -- a huge percentage of people in the USA would have died from Darvon use -- BUT THEY DIDN'T ... same with Tramadol ... most people are responsible and don't abuse it ... nannies be damned.

Darvon = Propoxyphene !

"There have been numerous cases of accidental and intentional overdose with propoxyphene products either alone or in combination with other CNS depressants, including alcohol. Fatalities within the first hour of overdosage are not uncommon. Many of the propoxyphene-related deaths have occurred in patients with previous histories of emotional disturbances or suicidal ideation/attempts and/or concomitant administration of sedatives, tranquilizers, muscle relaxants, antidepressants, or other CNS-depressant drugs. Do not prescribe propoxyphene for patients who are suicidal or have a history of suicidal ideation."

Of course it should have been "left alone "

The vast majority of countries have banned the use of the stuff !

A little knowledge is indeed a dangerous possession.

Read more

http://www.webmd.com/pain-management/news/20101119/darvon-darvocet-banned

Many would argue that the American FA where negligent in not banning this drug sooner.

Darvon = Propoxyphene !

"There have been numerous cases of accidental and intentional overdose with propoxyphene products either alone or in combination with other CNS depressants, including alcohol. Fatalities within the first hour of overdosage are not uncommon. Many of the propoxyphene-related deaths have occurred in patients with previous histories of emotional disturbances or suicidal ideation/attempts and/or concomitant administration of sedatives, tranquilizers, muscle relaxants, antidepressants, or other CNS-depressant drugs. Do not prescribe propoxyphene for patients who are suicidal or have a history of suicidal ideation."

Of course it should have been "left alone "

The vast majority of countries have banned the use of the stuff !

A little knowledge is indeed a dangerous possession.

Read more

http://www.webmd.com/pain-management/news/20101119/darvon-darvocet-banned

Many would argue that the American FA where negligent in not banning this drug sooner.

Compared to the millions of patients who took billions of darvon over 50 years - YES ... the nannies just cannot stand it that a good pain reliever could stand against such a small comparative set of bad outcomes ... I notice many of those who had a bad end with darvon were disturbed people -- not normal people ... group punishment is the nanny state

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I can confirm that Tramadol is allowed and for sale at every "Save Drug Center" in Thailand. 20 capsules for each customer daily.

You have a list and locations for all these "Save Drug Center" places ?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I can confirm that Tramadol is allowed and for sale at every "Save Drug Center" in Thailand. 20 capsules for each customer daily.

You have a list and locations for all these "Save Drug Center" places ?

How much do they charge

I use SDC located in Big C on Ratchadamri Road, opposite Central World.
The pharmacist told me that SDC has been approved by government to sell tramadol, 2 strips ( 20 caps ) per customer.
Thai branded cost 30 Baht. ( 1 strip ) Tramacet ( 1 strip ) cost nearly 200 Baht.
If you want to know all SDC stores in Thailand, I suggest you call and ask them!

• Like 1

The pharmacist told me that SDC has been approved by government to sell tramadol, 2 strips ( 20 caps ) per customer.

Thai branded cost 30 Baht. ( 1 strip ) Tramacet ( 1 strip ) cost nearly 200 Baht.

If you want to know all SDC stores in Thailand, I suggest you call and ask them!

Thanks for the info.

Thanks for the info.

For anyone living in Pattaya there is a SDC at Big C Pattaya klang.

• 4 weeks later...

WARNING: As good and cheap as Korean clinic inside St.Paul's Hospital is in Hanoi. - the MD I saw there prescribed what I later discovered (when I got HIGH) was TRAMADOL, a narcotic.

How did he know I am not a member of Narcotics Anonymous?

• 1 month later...

I had a prescription for Tramadol in Oz (they gave me a generic - Tramadol is just a trade name AFAIK) courtesy of my back problem, but I only used it as a last resort I know everyone has a different tolerance to pain, but the big issue for me was that hours of standing would cause the muscles supporting my spine to 'lock up' - at it's worst leading to really nasty spasms that I never want to experience again. Those who have been there with any form of muscle spasm will know that you dont just laugh them off - with the exception of certain moments during my vasectomy I cant think of a more uncomfortable sensation than knowing that your muscles are about to tense up causing you excruciating pain.

While the Tramadol did what all the anti-inflammatories and pain-killers couldnt was relax my body sufficiently to stop the above cycle recurring - unfortunately I found it also spaced me right out : no surprises that its an opiate. Those kids in BKK really need to think before they get involved with something this potent, regardless of whether or not it is physically addictive. Short of the spasms returning, I'm hoping I wont be needing Tramadol again. All the best to the OP in his search for the right medication.

I had a prescription for Tramadol in Oz (they gave me a generic - Tramadol is just a trade name AFAIK) courtesy of my back problem, but I only used it as a last resort I know everyone has a different tolerance to pain, but the big issue for me was that hours of standing would cause the muscles supporting my spine to 'lock up' - at it's worst leading to really nasty spasms that I never want to experience again. Those who have been there with any form of muscle spasm will know that you dont just laugh them off - with the exception of certain moments during my vasectomy I cant think of a more uncomfortable sensation than knowing that your muscles are about to tense up causing you excruciating pain.

While the Tramadol did what all the anti-inflammatories and pain-killers couldnt was relax my body sufficiently to stop the above cycle recurring - unfortunately I found it also spaced me right out : no surprises that its an opiate. Those kids in BKK really need to think before they get involved with something this potent, regardless of whether or not it is physically addictive. Short of the spasms returning, I'm hoping I wont be needing Tramadol again. All the best to the OP in his search for the right medication.

You might want to look into muscle relaxers for the spasms. THere are two very common varieties in LOS. One has a tough of paracetamol mixed in. about the same price...they just don't burn as clean...as in more cobwebs. The Tramadol does seem to give a narcotic effect, but it is completely gone the next day. Spasms are He^^; I've been down that road.

I dont use Tramadol as it causes me to throw up.bah.gif

I saw this topic on TV so I asked my local Pharmacy man (Thai Chinese).

The new rules are they can only sell 20 caps to a customer per day, if they wish to sell more they have a heap of paper work with copies of customers iD etc. So he just sells a maxim of 20 per day to one customer.

If you come across a Pharmacy that says "No Have " its because there is not a Registered Pharmacist in the shop.

I hope that helps those who are looking for Tramadol.

The new rules are they can only sell 20 caps to a customer per day, if they wish to sell more they have a heap of paper work with copies of customers iD etc. So he just sells a maxim of 20 per day to one customer.

If you come across a Pharmacy that says "No Have " its because there is not a Registered Pharmacist in the shop.

The registered pharmacist has to record your details in a book that is kept by him. A shop can only legally sell when the registered pharmacist is there and most do not have one.

The limit is 20 a day but the pharmicist will not generally sell you repeated times. (at least mine will not). In addition to this the pharmacy I buy from (which is a distributing pharmacy and supplies several others and hospitals) says they are being limited in the amount of locally produced Tramadol and mine is reserving that for people who they consider need it and others have to buy higher priced imported brands. Note that that is not that farangs pay more always. I have no problem getting mine with the local stock and price, it is perceived need.

Edited by harrry

The registered pharmacist has to record your details in a book that is kept by him. A shop can only legally sell when the registered pharmacist is there and most do not have one.

The limit is 20 a day but the pharmicist will not generally sell you repeated times. (at least mine will not). In addition to this the pharmacy I buy from (which is a distributing pharmacy and supplies several others and hospitals) says they are being limited in the amount of locally produced Tramadol and mine is reserving that for people who they consider need it and others have to buy higher priced imported brands. Note that that is not that farangs pay more always. I have no problem getting mine with the local stock and price, it is perceived need.

I've talked with my own pharmacist about this. She use to sell tramadol but no longer does. I asked her why and she stated that the paperwork requirement were more of a hassle than it was worth to sell the drug. So she made the decision to stop carrying it. That would also explain why it's hit or miss to find a pharmacy that sells it. I've also found that some pharmacies that use to sell generic tramadol now only sell ULTRACET which is tramodol and acetaminophen and relatively expensive. So yeah, it's getting more difficult to obtain. No surprise considering the discussions that we have have on TV regarding the abysmal palliative care that is offered in Thailand.

Edited by connda

I found a great little anti-inflammatory tab in Thailand called prednisolone, B3 a tab.

"Prednisolone provides relief for inflamed areas of the body. It is used to treat a number of different conditions, such as inflammation (swelling), severe allergies, adrenal problems, arthritis, asthma, blood or bone marrow problems, eye or vision problems, lupus, skin conditions, kidney problems, ulcerative colitis, and flare-ups of multiple sclerosis. Prednisolone is a corticosteroid (cortisone-like medicine or steroid). It works on the immune system to help relieve swelling, redness, itching, and allergic reactions".

I found a great little anti-inflammatory tab in Thailand called prednisolone, B3 a tab.

"Prednisolone provides relief for inflamed areas of the body. It is used to treat a number of different conditions, such as inflammation (swelling), severe allergies, adrenal problems, arthritis, asthma, blood or bone marrow problems, eye or vision problems, lupus, skin conditions, kidney problems, ulcerative colitis, and flare-ups of multiple sclerosis. Prednisolone is a corticosteroid (cortisone-like medicine or steroid). It works on the immune system to help relieve swelling, redness, itching, and allergic reactions".

Read up on the side effects. Predisolone is a wonder drug. I would definitely not be alive without it when I need it. The side effects are real and serious.

• Like 2

Yes, it has very serious side effects and should only be used under a doctor's supervision. It is also not legal to sell OTC, requires a prescription.

Not suitable for general use as an anti-inflammatory, for that use an NSAID. It is however very valuable in teratment of certain autoimmune diseases.

• Like 1

Yes, it has very serious side effects and should only be used under a doctor's supervision. It is also not legal to sell OTC, requires a prescription.

Not suitable for general use as an anti-inflammatory, for that use an NSAID. It is however very valuable in teratment of certain autoimmune diseases.

Watch it if your using it in an optical suspension. It can (and in my case does) increase ocular pressure. Glaucoma can damage you optical nerves. I've got enough problems with my eyes, but up to my last visit to the doctor glaucoma wasn't one of them. I tossed the prednisolone drops and went back to saline based solution. Been dealing with chronic conjunctivitis since February. Back to Suan Dok next week.

Thanks for the warnings, I did originally get it on prescription for an ear infection, but found it easy to getr from many pharmacies , I did not realize its on the banned list

A single dose of Thai Zithromax will treat an ear infection quite well. 6 x 250mg for 160 thb, but you take 4 in a single dose. Ask the pharmacist (8 times out of 10 they are more helpful than MD, IMO). Pfizer Zithromax is more like 550 THB. Predisolone for an ear infection? I doubt it...very powerful steroid with definite side effects............p.s. I'm a businessman; not an MD, but I've jumped through these same hoops...I'm one of the few, who actually read the leaflet in the box...

A single dose of Thai Zithromax will treat an ear infection quite well. 6 x 250mg for 160 thb, but you take 4 in a single dose. Ask the pharmacist (8 times out of 10 they are more helpful than MD, IMO). Pfizer Zithromax is more like 550 THB. Predisolone for an ear infection? I doubt it...very powerful steroid with definite side effects............p.s. I'm a businessman; not an MD, but I've jumped through these same hoops...I'm one of the few, who actually read the leaflet in the box...

Thanks for the info about Zithromax.

The ear doctor that treated me is supposed to be the best in Pattaya, he is at Memorial Hospital 2/3 times a week, the Predisolone did work, so he must know something about it that works for him., I did research into it, and as you say no immediate connection with treating ears with it

If you were given prednisolone for an ear problem it was likely not an infection, or else the infection was already resolved. Prednisolone's effects are anti-inflammatory. It not only does not treat infection but suppresses the immune response which can cause infections to badly exacerbate.

• Like 1

http://www.fauquierent.net/earinfections.htm I see they use it for inner ear infections, which a doctor cannot even see, but diagnosis is based on symtoms like vertigo.

If you read the article more carefully it's referring to treatment of viral infections (not bacterial) so antibiotics would be worthless.

Prednisone addresses the symptoms by reducing inflamation, but does nothing for the infection. It's up to the body to do that.

• Like 1