Observations you can't get your head around

JesseFrank

Today I traveled over Highway #7 towards Pattaya. About 2 km before Pattaya there was a service pickup from a company with mechanical problems.

He had parked his pickup beside the road, had his motor-hood open, and sat on the guardrail seemingly waiting for a technician to arrive.

All good and well, but as i approached his vehicle, at the very last second, I noticed he had placed a used 1 gallon paint tin beside his truck in the middle of the first driving lane.

Lucky there was no traffic beside me, because as you know a 1 gallon tin is almost invisible, and I had to make a emergency move not to get it under the car.

Let me hear what things you have seen on the road, which you deemed impossible.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On a busy 4 lane road up north a woman wanted to take a u-turn with her car and standing still not on the lane destined for the u-turn but on the 3rd lane....this whilst cars driving up to 120 km/hour. Luckily i always drove as left as possible....looked after passing her in my rearviewmirror with horror about her stupidity...

• Like 1

On the same highway there is an exit Sattahip just before the bridge over the bypass road. A month or 2 ago when the red shirts had a rally in Pattaya,a convoy of 4 cars had missed the exit.

They were coming in reverse from the bridge on the far right driving lane. Keep in mind this is a highway and to the right of the far right lane there is only a guardrail, no space to make a emergency move.

theres a program in england, cant remember the name of it, showing drivers doing stupid things in england,,,,,

not just in thailand mate, people do stupid things all over the world and say stupid things,

i was once driving with my ex wife in the car, (english ex wife) and there was a man in a field with a metal detector,

she said to me, hes never going to stim all that field, and thats true,

another time we were shoping for a new bed, went to this mrkt place in hemswell, i said to her bloody hell thats cheap for a 4,6INCH BED,

she said your 6ft

jake

and believe me them stories are true

A Thai bashing thread? It must be any day of the week.

It starts off as simple Thai bashing but it can lead to more serious consequences. Mainly it effects the younger Thai Visa posters. As they start to rant against against Thais and other nationalities then religious practices and cultural traditions. Then fat people and in fact anyone who is not just like they think they are. But that's the key. Think they are. A look in the mirror. They are not who they thought they were and out the balcony they go. And everybody says pity he died so young. violin.gif

• Like 2

It starts off as simple Thai bashing but it can lead to more serious consequences. Mainly it effects the younger Thai Visa posters. As they start to rant against against Thais and other nationalities then religious practices and cultural traditions. Then fat people and in fact anyone who is not just like they think they are. But that's the key. Think they are. A look in the mirror. They are not who they thought they were and out the balcony they go. And everybody says pity he died so young. violin.gif

Post of the year.

• Like 1

Post of the year.

This is the land of smiles only if you smile.biggrin.png

Post of the year.

Closing your eyes you mean.....acceptance.....hmmmm.....no matter where one is in the world......impossible some/many times....

The on-coming pick up that overtook into my lane and stayed there flashing his headlights at me, forcing myself and my motorcycle in to the ditch.

He sure travels, cause I've seem hum about 70-80 times in my couple of years of riding here.

• Like 1

laugh.pngclap2.gif

Closing your eyes you mean.....acceptance.....hmmmm.....no matter where one is in the world......impossible some/many times....

I am retired in Thailand and have been for quite a few years. If I die tomorrow it will have been well worth the investment I have made in Thailand. I don't complain about anything. If a person jumps ahead of me at the store or while driving I don't mind. I have the time. I'm not in a hurry.

You complain a lot. You think a lot of things are wrong in Thailand. If instead of complaining and evaluating you got happy, smiled and had a positive outlook you would see a world of difference in your life.

But don't believe me. Age, of course does not bring wisdom.

Thailand is a lot better than many places.

Of course you know more than I. I don't work. I don't have to. I go to bed when I want and get up when I want and eat and drink what I want when I want. I do things that make me happy and give to people to see them smile.

So if I had crashed into another car, because someone had placed a paint tin for no reason in the middle of a highway, I should smile ?

• Like 2

I am retired in Thailand and have been for quite a few years. If I die tomorrow it will have been well worth the investment I have made in Thailand. I don't complain about anything. If a person jumps ahead of me at the store or while driving I don't mind. I have the time. I'm not in a hurry.

You complain a lot. You think a lot of things are wrong in Thailand. If instead of complaining and evaluating you got happy, smiled and had a positive outlook you would see a world of difference in your life.

Of course you know more than I. I don't work. I don't have to. I go to bed when I want and get up when I want and eat and drink what I want when I want. I do things that make me happy and give to people to see them smile.

Good to read that you close your eyes and that what happens around you, leaves you unaffected. Hope i can reach that stage in life 1 day as well.

So if I had crashed into another car, because someone had placed a paint tin for no reason in the middle of a highway, I should smile ?

Yes yes and yes....close your eyes...if it would have happened.....karma.....dont worry be happy....pfffff......you cant get a more sensible reply......some never waver....

Yes.. Otherwise it means you don't understand Thailand and you should go home (sarcasm )

On a serious note, it is true that crazy things happen everywhere, and Thailand is no exception.

• Like 1

Keep your eyes on the road in future, Stop observing what's going on at the side of the road. You're a hazard to other road users.

Nominated as most ignorant post of the year.

You had to execute an emergency maneuver to avoid an obstruction in the center of the lane you were driving on.

You didn't see this obstruction, because you weren't paying attention. You were too busy observing what some Thai person was doing at the side of the Motorway. That's reckless driving in my book and you could have caused an accident.

You were too busy observing what some Thai person was doing at the side of the Motorway. That's reckless driving in my book and you could have caused an accident.

You mean he was observing the highspeed undertaking lane.

You were too busy observing what some Thai person was doing at the side of the Motorway. That's reckless driving in my book and you could have caused an accident.

You mean he was observing the highspeed undertaking lane.

I'm surprised that the cars in front of him didn't hit the can, unless this is a mysterious Thai highway that has more than 20 feet between cars.

Perhaps the pick-up was the car in front, and that's why he was having mechanical difficulties.

Why bother putting a twig in front of the object to warn people, when you can just leave the object there to warn them about it.

You need to start thinking like a local mate.