Abhisit claims Ex-Premier Thaksin still hopes for a royal pardon

webfact

"Mr. Abhisit accused the governments then and now of having hidden motives behind their election"

Well you can safetly say that Abhisit is not going to run for elections again. If he's doing the "elections as a Thaksin plot" thing, he's just lining up his excuses.

I think the line up now is:

Democracy: People, Military, Pheu Thai and 53 other parties

Middle: Part of NACC, part of EC, part of Independent agencies

Premocracy: Democrats, a few partisan appointees in NACC, EC, and other agencies

I don't fancy your side much, Abhisit. Perhaps their best strategy is to send you and Suthep to jail and clear the way for an electable leader instead. Someone with more votes and fewer massacres.

Democracy: Pheu Thai????????

Someone with fewer massacres: So no one from Pheu Thai!!!!!!!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

C'mon./...really... see it for what it is... How many topics is Abhiset in the paper for now this week...? This is a ploy to inject his lil face into people's lives and living rooms so the image of Dear Leader fades away into the mystic....and his "less radical" more "neutral stance" is given a soapbox... period.

Ploys, plots, conspiracies are never far from the lips of UDD leaders. They project this onto their followers to make it easier to accept lies and beliefs. In fact you project a grand and sweeping belief above and then say "period". As if what you stated without a shred of evidence is complete and utter fact that cannot be argued. That is a true PTP trait.

UDD supporters attribute complex conspiracy or plots to all manner of events even ignoring the obvious and publicly known facts. The idea is one of attempting to find patterns where they are not is a misfiring of the parts of the brain meant to find patterns of cause and effect. In this way a person can feel the world makes more sense to them if every event has a conscious will controlling or directing the outcomes. So in short I would say it is in order that these people feel they can understand the world better. To some people the idea that things can just happen is an impossible one. And to attribute Ahbisit's face being in the news to his narrative being more accepted etc is one hell of a fine example of seeing patterns in nothing.

I could suggest a link between thaksins face in the news to him being readied for a return to country as the new PM so Ahbisits's neutral stance is forgotten, but I won't say that of course……..Because my brain does not misfire!wink.png Period.

Edited by djjamie
  • Like 2

Thaksin said he would be in attendance for his Daughters wedding in 2011. Talk is cheap.

As abhisit proves, all too often.

How long did it take you to think that one up, fabby? Your brain must be exhausted, thinking up your usual Bon mots. Which never have any substance, I may add

• Like 2

C'mon./...really... see it for what it is... How many topics is Abhiset in the paper for now this week...? This is a ploy to inject his lil face into people's lives and living rooms so the image of Dear Leader fades away into the mystic....and his "less radical" more "neutral stance" is given a soapbox... period.

Ploys, plots, conspiracies are never far from the lips of UDD leaders. They project this onto their followers to make it easier to accept lies and beliefs. In fact you project a grand and sweeping belief above and then say "period". As if what you stated without a shred of evidence is complete and utter fact that cannot be argued. That is a true PTP trait.

UDD supporters attribute complex conspiracy or plots to all manner of events even ignoring the obvious and publicly known facts. The idea is one of attempting to find patterns where they are not is a misfiring of the parts of the brain meant to find patterns of cause and effect. In this way a person can feel the world makes more sense to them if every event has a conscious will controlling or directing the outcomes. So in short I would say it is in order that these people feel they can understand the world better. To some people the idea that things can just happen is an impossible one. And to attribute Ahbisit's face being in the news to his narrative being more accepted etc is one hell of a fine example of seeing patterns in nothing.

I could suggest a link between thaksins face in the news to him being readied for a return to country as the new PM so Ahbisits's neutral stance is forgotten, but I won't say that of course……..Because my brain does not misfire!wink.png Period.

Your insipid attempts at coloring me are quite amusing... Abhiset claims...nuff said period...There is no substance in anything in this piece...but am truly amused at your attempt to inject colors into every piece you rant and rave on and on about PTP ad nauseum.. comment on the OP lolol ...don't use me as a springboard for your impotent claims that all will be wonderful in lala land if the evil people are replaced by your good people...<deleted> read some Thai history told by Thais written before the turn of the century..and stop your inferences they just show how really pedantic. pedestrian and childlike you are... you are.. for lack of a better term... spinning out of control... and that is a bad thing for a supposed DJ... cheers

• Like 2

Your insipid attempts at coloring me are quite amusing... Abhiset claims...nuff said period...There is no substance in anything in this piece...but am truly amused at your attempt to inject colors into every piece you rant and rave on and on about PTP ad nauseum.. comment on the OP lolol ...don't use me as a springboard for your impotent claims that all will be wonderful in lala land if the evil people are replaced by your good people...<deleted> read some Thai history told by Thais written before the turn of the century..and stop your inferences they just show how really pedantic. pedestrian and childlike you are... you are.. for lack of a better term... spinning out of control... and that is a bad thing for a supposed DJ... cheers

Coloring you? You said it not me. You linked Ahbisit in the news to a plot (your words) to thaksin fading away and Ahbisits narrative being accepted. My only point was the lack of logic in this analysis by yourself. Nothing more and nothing less.

Use you as a springboard to make impotent claims? What claims? That you made a link with no logical drive backing it up.

……wonderful in lala land with evil people replaced by good people? Umm, OK.

inferences? What inferences? That you did not use a logical approach in your link between Ahbshisit air time and this plot of yours.

OK then humor me. Show me link that you have uncovered about Ahbisit and I will have stood corrected, but until you do then my post holds. If you can prove this link then I will absolutely and categorically apologize to you for the inference or impotent claim or coloring that you perceived me to offer in suggesting their is no link.

If your wrong I can chalk it up to a kikoman logic maybe.

Cheers!

Edited by djjamie
  • Like 1

"The Democrat Party Leader Abhisit Vejjajiva claims that former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra still has hopes of gaining a royal pardon."

Operative words...Abhisit claims... end of story... If Mr Thaksin really thought this was a possiblity don't you think he would have already played that card...? C'mon./...really... see it for what it is... How many topics is Abhiset in the paper for now this week...? This is a ploy to inject his lil face into people's lives and living rooms so the image of Dear Leader fades away into the mystic....and his "less radical" more "neutral stance" is given a soapbox... period.

The problem with that is... should Ms. Yingluck get bumped I hardly think this guy is going to be the appointee... his ability to polarize, divide, incite, and distort far outweighs his abilities to congeal and unite...so his purpose is what...deflect,,, confuse... assuage the masses... allow the fading away of the man from the south....distract...appear to be the high road and a new barking face for the same old boys network...except it is not a new face... not a promising face... not a hopeful face...just more of the same face... and now even less of a game face... Abhisit claims... yadda yadda...

Congeal and unite?

Bloody reconciliation?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Those who state that Thaksin will never get a royal pardon demonstrate their lack of knowledge on the current impasse. If things follow their natural course, the one thing he will get is a pardon. Suthep and his crowd know and are doing everything possible to stop that natural course of events.

There is no lack of knowledge. Ask yourself, why would he get a pardon? Look at what happened when the current PM tried to whitewash his convictions, it sparked the protests. So, why would he qualify for a Royal Pardon from the King and what purpose would it serve his Kingdom?

You are living in a dreamland,,

giggle.gif

• Like 1

Maybe just let him come back - I am sure that Songkran will be extended with possibly different equipment and ammo than the plastic water jet guns. So many Thais I am speaking with are completely sick and tired, have lost millions of Baht in business and opportunity and they also realise that this whole issue make Thailand the laughing stock of ASEAN.
Wonder what would happen if the West would withdraw Thaksins protection and just let things happen.........

But I fear that the chicken have come home to roost in 2006 already wai2.gif.pagespeed.ce.goigDuXn4X.gif

He has to say something provocative every now and then to stay in the limelight. Lately he has been eclipsed by Suterp in the Dem popularity chart. He can easily be a forgotten man as he is practically having a long leave of absence.

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Shouldnt he be convicted first in order to apply for a royal pardon ?

He was out on bail , pending more serious charges and under investigation for Human rights abuse by the UN, which has miraculously stopped , I wounder why.

...investigation for human rights abuse by the UN...

Where does that come from??? I can think of only one UN institution that investigates human rights abuses and that would be the International Criminal Court, only dealing in war crimes and only, if the courts of the respective country in which the crimes were committed or the suspect comes from cannot or will not deal with the crimes.

To my knowledge it was all about Thaksin's money. To my knowledge no court and no-one within the Democrats gave a flying f..k about shot dealers or southern terrorists (wash't he even commended by the king for the drug "raids"?????? not certain about that, though)

I note many Red lovers out for this thread.

All the ones who are notably absent from any threads about the rice scheme.

Who is pulling your chains today, guys?

red white purple green , just the colour of not able to vote

Sie farang if you like.

Send with Commodore 64 using Thaivisa Connect Mobile App

Shouldnt he be convicted first in order to apply for a royal pardon ?

Understood, he'd been convicted, sentenced to two years jail & been a fugitive since leaving the building in 06.

I would think that moving aside for a moment all the other abhorrent sins of Thaksin and considering uniquely the one conviction that his exile has afforded the judiciary to pursue, the very fact that he ran away without setting foot in a jail, has showed no remorse and prevents his pending trials from progressing should automatically preclude him from even considering a a pardon from anyone except his cat.

To state that he doesn't want one, however, is beyond the comprehension of anyone retaining the ability to cogitate.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

"Mr. Abhisit accused the governments then and now of having hidden motives behind their election"

Well you can safetly say that Abhisit is not going to run for elections again. If he's doing the "elections as a Thaksin plot" thing, he's just lining up his excuses.

Premocracy: Democrats, a few partisan appointees in NACC, EC, and other agencies

I don't fancy your side much, Abhisit. Perhaps their best strategy is to send you and Suthep to jail and clear the way for an electable leader instead. Someone with more votes and fewer massacres.

Though he is no saint but Abhisit is not yet sentenced by court. He has stated clearly he will face justice. Though he is no Evil Thaksin has been eloping since 2008. Had he accepted the justice he will be PM since 2010....

Though he is no saint but Abhisit is not yet sentenced by court. He has stated clearly he will face justice. Though he is no Evil Thaksin has been eloping since 2008. Had he accepted the justice he will be PM since 2010....

Do you really think that Thaksin could survive the Thai "justice"-system?

• Like 1

didn't his daughter get married in Cambodia ??

No, big flashy do in Bangkok.....not sure who picked up the tab.

Plaza Athenee Hotel in Wireless Road.

Yes, their favorite haunt. I am a regular at there Sunday Buffet in the lobby and on regular occasions one can see PTP and UDD figures dining there as well. Always up the end near the kitchen doors on that huge table that seats 20. With the buffet costing 3600 baht a head their days out come out at over 72 000 baht of tax payers money.

Wanting to be pardoned is thaksins way of saying he is guilty. It is the closest one will see of an admission. Only guilty people need to be pardoned. If he truly is not guilty then appeal the sentence. That is a sign of an innocent man.

His application for an appeal hearing was rejected on the grounds that he had presented no new evidence.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Edited by ubonjoe
moved reply from quoted text
  • Like 1

What are the chances of Taksin getting a quick trial versus Ahbisit not getting a trial. That's the state of the judiciary at the present moment.

• Like 1

All courts that convict Thaksin/PTP/reds are kangaroo courts. Any court than dismisses charges against these three bodies are legit ---

THAKSIN HAS NO CHANCE IN HELL of a pardon, better he buy Michael Jacksons ranch.

Sorry you guys but if you had a nationwide poll, I am sure Thaksin would be scraping to get a good vote. Yes scraping. No individual would get a majority vote at the minute as Thai people are sick to death of the whole charade. Especially now they are seeing what wrong the government has done in the past 3 years.

I will take the bait... the absolute stupidity of your statements is evidenced by everyone ignoring them

I hope that the Criminal Court through to the Supreme Court will use judicial leniency to find your contempt of court deserves no more than to be ignored.

Those who state that Thaksin will never get a royal pardon demonstrate their lack of knowledge on the current impasse. If things follow their natural course, the one thing he will get is a pardon. Suthep and his crowd know and are doing everything possible to stop that natural course of events.

Please enlighten us, what is it that observers like us don't know about the current situation, or any back-room negotiations currently underway, which will ensure Thaksin definitely gets a royal pardon ? blink.png

There is no lack of knowledge. Ask yourself, why would he get a pardon? Look at what happened when the current PM tried to whitewash his convictions, it sparked the protests. So, why would he qualify for a Royal Pardon from the King and what purpose would it serve his Kingdom?

You are living in a dreamland,,

giggle.gif.pagespeed.ce.AcGRO3FsZu.gif

City's post was deliberately and carefully worded. If you are unable to read between the lines, so be it.

10 years after his conviction he will be a free men (Statue of limitation). Same as the bother from Chuan Lekpai that took over 200 million Baht from former Thai Farmers Bank (now Kasikorn) and who went off to Taiwan and came back after 10 years.

• Like 2

Coloring you? You said it not me. You linked Ahbisit in the news to a plot (your words) to thaksin fading away and Ahbisits narrative being accepted. My only point was the lack of logic in this analysis by yourself. Nothing more and nothing less.

Use you as a springboard to make impotent claims? What claims? That you made a link with no logical drive backing it up.

……wonderful in lala land with evil people replaced by good people? Umm, OK.

inferences? What inferences? That you did not use a logical approach in your link between Ahbshisit air time and this plot of yours.

OK then humor me. Show me link that you have uncovered about Ahbisit and I will have stood corrected, but until you do then my post holds. If you can prove this link then I will absolutely and categorically apologize to you for the inference or impotent claim or coloring that you perceived me to offer in suggesting their is no link.

If your wrong I can chalk it up to a kikoman logic maybe.

Cheers!

Let's see..... the word "plot" is no where in anything I posted...( you are seeing things again stay away from the Kool Aid)

I was talking about Suthep fading away not thaksin... ( stay away from the kool aid)... Abhiset is remarkably present now... that is a fairly obvious statement yes...? Suthep has backed way out of the picture though I fear not for long...he needs to wind it up again... he is addicted... (stay away from the kool aid) but that was their intent... SUthep is the thrust... the target, the wild one, the radical one and Abhiset can then be less vocal and more "neutral" (in his mind but not in reality...) but we all see through that don't we?... so you have got it all wrong there Djjamie..might do ya to stay away from the kool aid..no one in their right mind would link Thaksin with Abhiset but you managed to do just that... again stay away from the kool aid.... I never intimated that there was a "link" to Abhiset of some nefarious plot at all... just the obvious... patently invisible while his bunk buddy fronted all the insurrection...and now that it is really no longer in his hands.. (Suthep's). Abhiset appears on a white horse claiming this and that and all suppositions I might add... perhaps he can link you to the sites or data that he pretends to know through his mystical profferings and also I made no mention of yellow red UDD or PDRC... you did ...so put your box of crayons away ...coloring time is over

Edited by DirtFarmer
  • Like 1

All courts that convict Thaksin/PTP/reds are kangaroo courts. Any court than dismisses charges against these three bodies are legit ---

THAKSIN HAS NO CHANCE IN HELL of a pardon, better he buy Michael Jacksons ranch.

Sorry you guys but if you had a nationwide poll, I am sure Thaksin would be scraping to get a good vote. Yes scraping. No individual would get a majority vote at the minute as Thai people are sick to death of the whole charade. Especially now they are seeing what wrong the government has done in the past 3 years.

What then.. ?????

May be you can explain and not just write empty words ???

Edited by Hardy99

He wouldnt be a dubai citizen if he thought he could

Funny though nobody tried to blaim this problem on thaksin yet .... ohhh its all about him , well must be his sister fault then